Clubplanet Nightlife Community

THREE IN ORLANDO THIS FRIDAY

Guest somefiercehouse

Shaun' date=' how much do you think he charges? And is he local? what other house dj's are there in orlando and how much do they charge? What nights? I might want to do something at my dad's club up there.

[/quote']

Rick, there are a few dj's that really stand out... Rick Nielsen and Just Jason (known collectively as SoulPatch) have put on a number of quality house nights in Orlando. Talent included EastCoastBoogiemen, DJ Heather, Dizzy, Patrick Turner, DJ Ali, Q_Burns & Lisa Shaw, Hipp-E & Halo, et. al. There's also Kit e Kat, Rob Slac and Kismet who have brought Kaskade and Marques Wyatt on different occasions. There's also Nat Eichler and Romano Arcani who hold a weekly residency at Sky60 and Ryan Lane who has a weekly at Ybor's Martini Bar. ;D

Guest somefiercehouse

not for nothing, but i was at firestone last night for dave christopher and a friend of mine was talking to one of the promoters for Thursday nights. My friend told me after we left that the guy said they are trying to get OSCAR G to come spin on a Thursday!

granted it's all just speculation at this point...I'll believe that when i see it. it's such a shame what they have done to that club...i don't know why they spent all that money on remodeling and now it's small and cheesy...they should have spent the money on an air horn and some nitro IMHO.

but it looks like they are trying to build Thursdays, but if last night was a taste of things to come music wise....it's got a lot of growing to do, but if they do it right it will be the best night in Orlando hands down.

Guest somefiercehouse

Air horns are stupid! ;D

hmmmph :'(

well they would certainly be the coolest thing that club has....and that's pretty sad

Guest slamminshaun

House music has no true following in Orlando. The club itself is usually the draw, the house music is just an incidental part of the club. Of the 200 people you may see at Sky60, I'd say 30 consider themselves "househeads".

I'm glad to see that Florida funky breaks are taking a back seat to House music though in O-town, but Tampa is still solidly a funky breaks bonanza. Then again, hip hop is still the undisputed king in both towns.

If Oscar G plays Orlando, they won't get anymore business then they would usually get. I think he's one of the most talented dj's in Florida, but when it comes to the Tampa-Orlando market, Miami dj's get no respect. Edgar V is at Ampitheatere in Tampa this Saturday....I'd be curious to see how that goes. Anyone know how the Tiesto event was in Tampa this week??

Guest 0crystal0
Anyone know how the Tiesto event was in Tampa this week??

he sold out all 1000 tickets, but said that orlando was a better show.

better crowd response to the stuff he played which was not his average set