Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I don't understand

Guest Electric Eel

Guest LdySphynx

No idea' date=' I'm not a doctor....but I would say that I wouldn't sue a doctor over not X-raying me. Just as long as I didn't end up disabled over dead over it.

[/quote']Well if you end up dead over it, whats the point in sueing them :-\???

Guest Electric Eel

Actually they did take an Xray but didn't notice it. I don't think shes going to sue though. In your case Ldy it makes sense because thats your baby that could have been harmed. Her foot will eventually heal now that she has it in a cast.

Actually, a lot of people do sue for malpractice often. Right now malpractice insurance is so high that 2 of my doctors have retired due to this.

Guest tres-b

Save the lawsuits for a serious mistake.

They only raise medical malpractice insurnance which in turn increases health care cost which ultimately leads to higher insurance premiums for every American.

Guest Clauds

Its called' date=' dont wear them high as stilletto's to clubs especially to dance. Thos dam shoes are dangerous...they should come with a warning label that says,"Dont dance with these shoes, just look pretty on them".

[/quote']

Hummm ... Well, Bertha wasn't wearing stilettos and it is a misfortune this happened to her. I truly hope she gets well soon :(

Guest slamminshaun

Save the lawsuits for a serious mistake.

They only raise medical malpractice insurnance which in turn increases health care cost which ultimately leads to higher insurance premiums for every American.

Finally, someone that gets it. I'm not saying you shouldn't sue, but for serious mistakes only. Anytime anything happens to oneself, we like to think its a serious mistake.....but missing something on an X-ray that didn't cause permanant damage doesn't fall under that category in my book. All it does is make the good doctors scared to treat anybody who they consider "risky" out of fear of being sued.

My father-in-law, on the other hand, suffered a stroke due to a medication that was recently yanked off the shelves. I think this is worthy of a lawsuit, and you better believe I support this one 100%.

Guest miniberries

So Friday night I was out with my friend Bertha at Amika and she slipped and fell. Her foot swelled up so I took her to Mt. Sinai hospital. After sitting there for 6 hours they bandaged her foot up and said she sprained it. Well she was in so much pain that today she went to an orthopedic doctor and her foot is fractured in 2 places :o . How could the doctor at the hospital miss this?? ???

Thats insane! Especially for a hospital like MT. Sinai..they are soppuse to be one of the nest here in miami..hope your friend feels better.

Guest mikepayne

So Friday night I was out with my friend Bertha at Amika and she slipped and fell. Her foot swelled up so I took her to Mt. Sinai hospital. After sitting there for 6 hours they bandaged her foot up and said she sprained it. Well she was in so much pain that today she went to an orthopedic doctor and her foot is fractured in 2 places :o . How could the doctor at the hospital miss this?? ???

The quality of care here in Miami has a reputation of being one of the worst places for healthcare in the nation. I've even heard of imigrants from the Carribean and Latin America who say that some of the Hospitals in Miami even operate below their standard in their country.

The mis-diagnosis at Mt Sinai could have made your friends condition worse and contributed to it becoming a fracture. Ouch!!!

I'm from Miami, lived here all my life, so I can't say I know much about the quality of medical care in other areas. However, I have been to Costa Rica twice, and if I so much as skinned my knee or had a really pain in the ass hangnail down there, I'd have them airlift me back here to Baptist.

Guest mikepayne

In South America you'll be waiting in line with roosters and other assorted livestock, and instead of that big bolt of white paper they cover the doctor's table with hay. ;D