Clubplanet Nightlife Community

22 killed in attack on U.S. base in Iraq

Guest trancepriest

Guest saintjohn

continued . . .

"Rachel" was sitting in a chair with no injuries. She was worried about two friends that had been moved to other hospitals in country. So we prayed.

"John", a First Sergeant, asked me, "How does my face look?" knowing he had been badly burned and would probably have some scaring. He was covered in blood, pus, and charred skin so I said, "First Sergeant, you look better than some people I know back home." He laughed and we prayed.

One of the many American civilian workers had been hit in the groin. He was happy to be alive and even happier to be keeping, "all my equipment." It was a light moment in a very heavy day.

As my assistnt and I walked away at the end of the day I saw another chaplain and a soldier standing among the silent rows of black body bags. The soldier wanted to see his friend one more time. We slowly and as respectfully as possible unzipped the bag to reveal the face of a very young Private First Class. His friend stared for a few seconds then turned away and began to cry.

The last count was 25 dead, and around 45 wounded. Nevertheless, our cause is just and God is in control even when the crap is a yard deep. I'm where God wants me and wouldn't change that for anything, even if it means death. After all, "to die is gain".

Post Script: all patient names are ficticious.

http://chaplain.blogspot.com/

Guest bcnjunkie

What I think is tragic is the fact that Democrats feel like any bad news for our troops is good news for them. Don't anyone try to say this isn't going on' date=' because it is. Anytime there's good news in Iraq, the Dems act like their best puppy just died....but when there's news like this, they are quick to say "see, i told ya so" and then ride the political coat tails that comes with the news. I've never, ever before seen a political party who's interest is based on how many of their fellow men get killed.

[/quote']

If you are referring to me, I'm not a democrat. Also, I could never rejoice from bad news regarding the war .... that would be like saying that Republicans ride the political coat (as you put it) by making soldiers into martyrs (which is a form of propaganda practiced by islamic extremists).... so you would you suggest that those that opposed the war (which include Republicans) not speak out about a war they didn't approve of, most especially when one of the strongest arguments was the unecessary loss of American lives ? I thought we lived in a democracy and not a fascist regime as Guyman would probably like ......

Guest slamminshaun

If you are referring to me, I'm not a democrat. Also, I could never rejoice from bad news regarding the war .... that would be like saying that Republicans ride the political coat (as you put it) by making soldiers into martyrs (which is a form of propaganda practiced by islamic extremists).... so you would you suggest that those that opposed the war (which include Republicans) not speak out about a war they didn't approve of, most especially when one of the strongest arguments was the unecessary loss of American lives ? I thought we lived in a democracy and not a fascist regime as Guyman would probably like ......

I definitely wasn't referring to democrat voters or anyone on this board....just the liberals in Washington w/ a vested interest as well as the media. In your defense, I don't think the liberals on this board are that cruel that you all would actually look at it that way.

Guest saintjohn

have certain people been "energized" by the deaths of american troops in the mosul attack? absolutely. check out http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/12/21/11937/821, for example. the headline is "Bush destroys another 22 families", and the readers' comments include statements like this:

"I hope they are American dead and not more Iraqis."

"It would be better if these were American lives."

"I think most people are afraid to 'validate' some kind of an anti-troop position by pointing out the fact the way you have. It's understandable."

"Maybe a high death incidence will in the long run save lives."

"Bush is causing these deaths."

"Who will be the last to die for Bush's mistakes and his administration's incompetence?"

before you dismiss this as the lunatic fringe, consider that forbes hailed dailykos.com as the "best warblog" (3/20/2003) and the site is also the "highest-trafficked political weblog" according to http://www.truthlaidbear.com/TrafficRanking.php.

in other words, shaun has a valid point when he complains about people who "feel like any bad news for our troops is good news for them."

fortunately, those people are few and far between here on cooljunkie.

also, i'd like to believe that at least some of those "nabobs of negativism" (bonus points if you don't have to google that phrase) are motiviated by the noble desire to see a quick end to the violence in iraq. i think most decent people are sympathetic to the victims of the mosul attack, regardless of their political views.

now, i think i'll go have a nice cup of coffee (french vanilla stfu flavor).