Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Meet the Fockers, bitches!

Guest r3nz0

Guest swirlundergrounder

I'm probably go gonna watch it tonight.

A few people I know have seen it already and they say it's hilarious. 8)

Shut the 'FOCK' up...bee-itch...LOL

Guest r3nz0

Well, I saw it tonight and hilarious is an understatement. ;D;D;D

I haven't laughed this hard since Jennifer Lopez said Marc Anthony would be her last husband.

Guest Clarisa

Well, I saw it tonight and hilarious is an understatement. ;D;D;D

I haven't laughed this hard since Jennifer Lopez said Marc Anthony would be her last husband.

holy crapola good JLo joke!! ;D

Guest LdySphynx

FUNNY AS HELL, is all I have to say......well worth the $6 if go go on Matinee time, or the $7.50 regular price!!!!

His other Family member names were hilarious as well :o!!!

And yes the baby stole the show!!!!!!

Sequel Takes In $44.7 Million For The Weekend

POSTED: 3:55 pm EST December 26, 2004

UPDATED: 3:57 pm EST December 26, 2004

LOS ANGELES -- Millions of Americans went shopping for comedy this weekend, giving the star-studded "Meet the Fockers" the record for the best Christmas weekend opening ever.

The sequel, reuniting Ben Stiller and Robert DeNiro and adding Dustin Hoffman and Barbra Streisand as Stiller's parents, earned $44.7 million over the holiday weekend, beating the previous record of $30 million, set in 2002 by "Catch Me if You Can."

The movie's performance was even more impressive when measured against the overall weekend box office, which was down 26.5 percent from last year.

Image: Universal Studios

Blythe Danner, Teri Polo, Robert De Niro, Ben Stiller, Dustin Hoffman and Barbara Streisand in "Meet the Fockers"

"When Christmas falls on a weekend, it's bad for business," said Paul Dergarabedian, president of box-office tracker Exhibitor Relations.

This weekend's top 12 films grossed an estimated $121.9 million, compared to last year's $165.8 million when Christmas fell on a Thursday. Last year's figure was skewed a bit by the third "Lord of the Rings" movie, which earned $50.6 million in its second weekend last year.

"Meet the Fockers" knocked last week's top film - "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events" - to third place, with $12.5 million. Second place was taken by the live-action version of "Fat Albert," which debuted Saturday with a two-day total of $12.7 million, according to studio estimates.

Final figures were to be released Monday.

"Meet the Fockers" succeeded in part because of an aggressive ad campaign, including the release of the DVD of the original "Meet the Parents" as well as the return of Streisand to the big screen after an eight-year absence.

It also captured the clash between families, which resonates at the holidays.

"It's a clash of cultures," said Marc Shmuger, vice chairman of Universal Pictures. "It's about the coming together of completely different families, but that's exactly what the world is going through right now."

"Meet the Fockers" opened Wednesday, bringing its five-day total to $68.5 million.

"The Aviator," the epic tale of billionaire Howard Hughes, did well enough in limited release to take fourth place with $9.4 million. The movie, directed by Martin Scorsese and starring Leonardo DiCaprio, expanded from 40 theaters to 1,796 on Christmas Day.

The small budget horror flick "Darkness" went against the slew of family films on the market now and attracted $6.4 million in its opening weekend. The movie opened Saturday.

The lavish Andrew Lloyd Weber musical "The Phantom of the Opera" also debuted in limited release, bringing in $4.2 million from 622 theaters. It debuted Wednesday, bringing its five-day total to $6.5 million.

Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at North American theaters, according to Exhibitor Relations Co. Inc.

1. "Meet the Fockers," $44.7 million

2. "Fat Albert," 12.7 million

3. "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events," $12.5 million

4. "The Aviator," $9.4 million

5. "Ocean's Twelve," $8.6 million

6. "Darkness," $6.4 million

7. "The Polar Express," $6.3 million

8. "Spanglish," $5 million

9. "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou," $4.8 million

10. "Andrew Lloyd Weber's The Phantom of the Opera," $4.2 million

Guest Clarisa

darn it, I didn't get to see it. a must for this weekend

I saw it and it had it's funny scenes but nothing that part one didn't have. IMO it's ok

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Clauds

ashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hoooooooooooooooooooooo :D

This was def my favorite part of the movie although I must say, the first one was waaaaay better. I expected the Fockers to be a lot funnier >:(

Guest JMT

saw it today on my lunch break. ;)

pretty funny, a notch below the original just bc a few jokes were a bit forced but it had me rolling. it didnt go TOO over the top like a lot of comedy sequels do. thumbs up.

Guest coach

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good. Really, the only reason I thought it was funny was because it was based in Miami and I enjoyed the funny portrayals of our people. You know you know people like that. Although Vern seemed like a transplant from Pensacola.