Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Therapy Thursdays @ Onda

CrzyC1414779017

So, last Thursday I went to Onda to check out my buddy Justin Johnson who was spinning. I must say this is a great little place on Washington right next to Felt (across from Mansion). The party has just started so it was a small crowd but they had a good vibe going.

Walking in the first thing you notice is no door drama or attitude...THEY WANT YOU THERE!!!! The lounge itself is small but nice. Long, flowy white curtains, plenty of comfy white couches, large dance floor, long bar area. The staff was friendly, fast and zero attitude. The overall feel of the place is ALMOST fufu (with all the white decor) but the people in attendance were very laid back and just seemed ot be looking for a fun time.

Matt E Love and Justin Johnson were on the decks and they both did a very nice job. Justin played a much harder sound, while Matt played more of an upbeat house with some recognizable tunes thrown in for good measure. Unforunately I got there late and didnt get to hear much from Justin, but what I heard...I liked.

My main concern for them is PROMOTION!!! If people dont know about the party they wont come. Although you need to promote all the time, maybe throwing a couple of hot chicks dressed in white and standing outside your door passing out flyers and telling people to come in would help. ;D

So, if you are on the beach on a Thursday I recomend you stop by and at least check it out. I know they would appreciate it and any feedback you may have.

;D ;D ;D

Guest julio305

Thats sounds cool especially the " no door drama or attitude...THEY WANT YOU THERE!!!!" Yup know the feeling, the DRAMA vibe is the one u get when u go to cafeteria.Dont get me wrong I like cafeteria, but you get drama even when u come out of the bathroom and try to get back in , its fucking bullshit the 21 questions they give to let you in, if they let back you in ! So illl check it out when I get a chance.

Cinerely

EBONICS GUY

Guest coach

Told you! I been talking Onda up since it opened. I agree on the promotion comment, too.

However, I did encounter much attitude when I pitched them on a group that I thought would be perfect for the place. The "manager" had an extremely negative and off-putting attitude. I'm sitting there thinking, "Dude, you need all the help you can get on getting people into the door," and he's acting like he's running Mansion.

So, whatever. I will enjoy it while it lasts. We'll try to stop by Thursday, and are looking forward to the Monday thing.

Guest julio305

"Dude, you need all the help you can get on getting people into the door," and he's acting like he's running Mansion.

HAHAHA

Guest Justin Johnson

Thanks Carisa! And also thank you MusicalMissionary, Andrew Chibale, and Artemis. It was great meeting you guys and hanging out! :D

Guest musicalmissionary

let's not forget to mention FREE COVER and free vodka drinks from 10-11:30. Not sure if that last part was a one-night only thing or if it's every Thursday..... Justin???

Guest Justin Johnson

let's not forget to mention FREE COVER and free vodka drinks from 10-11:30. Not sure if that last part was a one-night only thing or if it's every Thursday..... Justin???

Yup! No cover. Open Vodka Bar from 10-11:30, every week.

Guest LeVeL

So, last Thursday I went to Onda to check out my buddy Justin Johnson who was spinning. I must say this is a great little place on Washington right next to Felt (across from Mansion). The party has just started so it was a small crowd but they had a good vibe going.

Walking in the first thing you notice is no door drama or attitude...THEY WANT YOU THERE!!!! The lounge itself is small but nice. Long, flowy white curtains, plenty of comfy white couches, large dance floor, long bar area. The staff was friendly, fast and zero attitude. The overall feel of the place is ALMOST fufu (with all the white decor) but the people in attendance were very laid back and just seemed ot be looking for a fun time.

Matt E Love and Justin Johnson were on the decks and they both did a very nice job. Justin played a much harder sound, while Matt played more of an upbeat house with some recognizable tunes thrown in for good measure. Unforunately I got there late and didnt get to hear much from Justin, but what I heard...I liked.

My main concern for them is PROMOTION!!! If people dont know about the party they wont come. Although you need to promote all the time, maybe throwing a couple of hot chicks dressed in white and standing outside your door passing out flyers and telling people to come in would help. ;D

So, if you are on the beach on a Thursday I recomend you stop by and at least check it out. I know they would appreciate it and any feedback you may have.

;D ;D ;D

good review...Bling...I mean Carisa ;)

Guest mikepayne

Thats sounds cool especially the " no door drama or attitude...THEY WANT YOU THERE!!!!" Yup know the feeling, the DRAMA vibe is the one u get when u go to cafeteria.Dont get me wrong I like cafeteria, but you get drama even when u come out of the bathroom and try to get back in , its fucking bullshit the 21 questions they give to let you in, if they let back you in ! So illl check it out when I get a chance.

Dude, are you crazy? What night are you talking about? I know it can't be Wednesday nights... Every time I've gone there it's been in a t-shirt and jeans (in other words, not dressed like I'm going to spend any significant amount of money), and I look 18, and I've never been so much as ID'ed or had someone give me a second glance walking in there.

Guest RCordeschi

I will check Onda for sure, been wondering abou that place.

As for cafeteria, I love it...But Julio is right. Sometimes, not always, if the ratio isn't right or if it is too...too packed they start telling you crap like you have to go all the way around or the midget door guy that thinks he is hot sh!t starts asking if you where inside like he didn't just see you two seconds ago...maybe i should invite him into the bathroom to hold my _____ so that he won't ask any questions...but none the less i'm always let back in quick after his mental elapse. I guess i'm ugly or something...lol!!!!!!

But that is a totally different post.

I'll be at Onda for sure this thursday, gotta party after horrible weekend in Orlando.

Guest vegasguy25
no door drama or attitude...THEY WANT YOU THERE!!!!

This seems to be a recurring theme in the threads on this board. Are the doormen really that bad down there? I went to Crobar and Amika when I was there, and didn't have any problems. I know in Vegas there are a couple places that could definitely make changes with their door personnel.

Guest Justin Johnson

Still waiting on some pics of the inside of Onda...

I took a few pix last week, but alas, I'm not POD, and so they came out terrible. Hopefully this week I can get some better pix and put 'em up.

Guest james stratus

OK OK.. so who wants to go this thursday.. and also Wednesday to Cafeteria! I think I'll be out all week as be I'll up because I'm an insomniac hehe 8)