Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Om Records WMC

Guest dgrutman

Guest lyrik

It's good to see that you are both assholes... Wait... I mean assholes are like... wait.. I mean opinions are LIKE assholes.. We all have them! (I almost screwed that one up!) ;D

Just playing... John Howard is an AMAZING DJ as is Fiasco! Can't take sides on this EXCEPT for the fact that Fiasco is SEVERLY underrated!

O'DOYLE RULES!

----------------------------------------------

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 5TH

ANDY CALDWELL @ BLUE!

They're all pretty good. But I think most of these DJ's peaked a few years ago.... Either that or I've just been out of the loop....

I can see what you as far as popular mainstream notoriety, but I don't know about peaked. I think all artists/Djs go through cycles of popularity and some of these guys have been up before and down and I think for the most part the true telling of an artist is their resiliency to such ups and downs - Farina is still on top of it...Kaskade had an amazing year in 2004...Joey Youngman is a new-breed and also had an astonishing year with the amount of production work he released in 2004...Greenskeepers is just plain sick....not many times you can catch a full house music band (and James Curd is great DJ too)...Colette continues to release material and provide her vocals to many artists (one of the true originators of the singing live over their own mix technique)...Greenskeepers to name just one had a release come out a month back with her. Iz & Diz have been around for ever and both are still hot and Diz now has his own label - Igloo and Diz is one of the top Djs IMO as far as skill. Marques, Andy and John all have that SF soudn on lock with John and Andy being 2 of my favorties out of the west...Hodges is another new-breed from Toronto and hooked up with Sneak...also had an amzing year in 2004 releasing production work and remixes for just about everyone....and then we have Fiasco - discography speaks for itself and a DJ that I honestly feel has not his peak for the talent he possesses ...2005 is the year Johnny gets a lot more recognition even though he has been in it as long as anyone. else.

Guest swirlundergrounder

It's good to see that you are both assholes... Wait... I mean assholes are like... wait.. I mean opinions are LIKE assholes.. We all have them! (I almost screwed that one up!) ;D

Just playing... John Howard is an AMAZING DJ as is Fiasco! Can't take sides on this EXCEPT for the fact that Fiasco is SEVERLY underrated!

O'DOYLE RULES!

----------------------------------------------

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 5TH

ANDY CALDWELL @ BLUE!

They're all pretty good. But I think most of these DJ's peaked a few years ago.... Either that or I've just been out of the loop....

I can see what you as far as popular mainstream notoriety, but I don't know about peaked. I think all artists/Djs go through cycles of popularity and some of these guys have been up before and down and I think for the most part the true telling of an artist is their resiliency to such ups and downs - Farina is still on top of it...Kaskade had an amazing year in 2004...Joey Youngman is a new-breed and also had an astonishing year with the amount of production work he released in 2004...Greenskeepers is just plain sick....not many times you can catch a full house music band (and James Curd is great DJ too)...Colette continues to release material and provide her vocals to many artists (one of the true originators of the singing live over their own mix technique)...Greenskeepers to name just one had a release come out a month back with her. Iz & Diz have been around for ever and both are still hot and Diz now has his own label - Igloo and Diz is one of the top Djs IMO as far as skill. Marques, Andy and John all have that SF soudn on lock with John and Andy being 2 of my favorties out of the west...Hodges is another new-breed from Toronto and hooked up with Sneak...also had an amzing year in 2004 releasing production work and remixes for just about everyone....and then we have Fiasco - discography speaks for itself and a DJ that I honestly feel has not his peak for the talent he possesses ...2005 is the year Johnny gets a lot more recognition even though he has been in it as long as anyone. else.

You're assesment is a really good one. Like I said, I've been out of the house music loop for a long time (been paying more attention to Progressive the last few years). I know Kaskade has really come on strong in the past couple of years and yes Fiasco's discography speaks for his accomplishments. Iz and Diz's 'love it dub it' continues to allude me in the record stores. Collete still has a great voice...But Marquess hasn't been the same since he took off those big, square sunglasses he used to always wear....Then again I haven't heard a set from him in the last several years.....

Guest lyrik

To me marques is marques - you know what to expect with him - nothing that will surprise you - he's not really my style - never been a huge fan.

sick lineup, wonder what hed kandi will bring

ME TOO!

Hed Kandi???? ??? What party are you talking 'bout????

not too sure either.. ???

hed kandi had their own party at jazid last year..

was a good one i might add.

and two years ago at sky bar. was quite a good one as well..

not sure if they have something lined up for this year... any inside info?

Guest swirlundergrounder

To me marques is marques - you know what to expect with him - nothing that will surprise you - he's not really my style - never been a huge fan.

The thing that has worked for Marques over the years is his consistancy of his style and music that he plays...