Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dj wannabe on the 1's and nones

Guest b00tyman07

Guest web_norah

looks like someone suddenly became enamored with my all time favorite

sandstorm - DARUDE

influential music, let me tell you

Guest EaglesFan2120

I'll say that your in for one hell of a ride trying to sway hip-hoppers into mainstream house. I've gotta tip my hat to you for trying though. Look on soulseek for some house mixes to newer hip-hoppish tunes such as Ciara, Destinys child, etc...

On the lighter side, as soon as I read this post I got a mental pic of a bunch of bandanna wearing Malibusmostwanteds not knowing what to do once your set goes on....good luck homie! ;)

thanks for the advice. i'd love to go to house events but i live in CT (looking at snow right now :'() and go to school in VA, not even near DC, so im lucky to even get a week on south beach a year. im not trying to shove it down peoples throats but i wanna play stuff thats fun and different than what they usually hear

ps listening to Dan X, i likes, i likes a lot

school: College of William and Mary (small)

city: Williamsburg Va (crazy small)

I used to live in CT. On friday nights, Joe Giucastro and Kered used to spin house at Lounge 216 (right above Alchemy) at 216 Crown St in New Haven. Also check out Funktion (not sure if the name has changed) also on Crown St. Saturday nights used to be really deep and some vocal house again at Lounge 216. ;D

Guest Justin Johnson

thanks for the advice. i'd love to go to house events but i live in CT (looking at snow right now :'() and go to school in VA, not even near DC, so im lucky to even get a week on south beach a year. im not trying to shove it down peoples throats but i wanna play stuff thats fun and different than what they usually hear

I used to live in CT. On friday nights, Joe Giucastro and Kered used to spin house at Lounge 216 (right above Alchemy) at 216 Crown St in New Haven. Also check out Funktion (not sure if the name has changed) also on Crown St. Saturday nights used to be really deep and some vocal house again at Lounge 216. ;D

Oh shit! You know Kered? I played at his very first event that he threw, it was at that indoor soccer place...

Oh shit! You know Kered? I played at his very first event that he threw, it was at that indoor soccer place...

I met him at the Evolution parties in Hartford towards the end of 2001, but I think it was at the last party. Real down to earth guy and talented dj. He's the first one that I ever saw use Final Scratch (that was at Lounge 216). Also saw him at Vibe (the afterhours club in Hartford) but my main hangout was at Lounge 216 on friday and saturday nights. ;D

Guest Justin Johnson

I met him at the Evolution parties in Hartford towards the end of 2001, but I think it was at the last party. Real down to earth guy and talented dj. He's the first one that I ever saw use Final Scratch (that was at Lounge 216). Also saw him at Vibe (the afterhours club in Hartford) but my main hangout was at Lounge 216 on friday and saturday nights. ;D

Ah, OK cool. I'm talking around '96-'97, somethin' like that. At that point, he didn't even know how to spin. LOL But yeah, he's a super cool cat, and he really knows his music.