Clubplanet Nightlife Community

F*** Tsunami Aid

Guest guyman1966

Guest tres-b

because its the right thing to do and well doing humantarian works should be as unconditional and selfless as possible - its called serving the betterness of mankind.

Good post! And the above quote says it all.

I'm no changing my stance - but its great to have so many people thinking this morning. Just make sure you remember all of this when a terror cell from Asia hits the US and governments there were reluctant to help us prevent it in the first place. I guess I'm tired of the world expecting us to always do the right thing for mankind and then threat us like shit when they please.

Of course I dont enjoy people suffering and I did only single out the country that was giving us the difficult time. This thread is about one nation of many that we are helping.

On many levels I agree with you. I think these nations are foolish to slow any aid down. However, it is their right.

All these 2nd and 3rd tier nations will be there when they need us, but rarely when we need them.

Guest Electric Eel

Yes it does really suck that these nations are being so difficult in regards to foreign aid...but whats the alternative here....not give aid and just let thousands upon thousands of people die from disease, dehydration etc. I agree that these govt's need a check - but now is not the time to make a statement while denying numerous innocents the help they so desperately need. Are we helping nations that may harbor terrorists possibly (not like we haven't done it before)...helping people that support terrorists and terrorist regimes...could be...but I don't think we can generalize several nations citizens under one ideology. Yes its terrible that some of these govts look to profit from this disaster or regain strangle holds in areas where they had been losing control or facing rebellion...but thats the govt and not the millions of people living in these areas. We also have to know that this is not just foreign countries and their own citizens that were only affected, but countires all around the world, including the US, are going through this as well since so many resorts and tourist hot spots were hit. Just think if your parents were on that beach vacationing and were swept away or perhaps they survived and nobody knew they had - would you want the US to pull their aid efforts out before they were found or before they could receive treatment (what if they were in a coma). Think about all the children 1 in 3 people that died from this were children and thousands more are left orphaned (including children of tourists)...without aid they die...without aid and military efforts more and more children would be kidnapped and sold into the fucking disgusting sex rings.

Its frustrating that we get opposition...but its not something new that we haven't seen before. If anything this should be a statement to the people that do so much babbling on about politics and rep vs dem and the Bush administration. We continue to give aid and fight for democracy - even in areas where we know we are opposed and people may have a negative attitude towards us...I guess an instinctive reaction is to automatically question why? Why should we do this - what have they ever done for us...what might they do for us (positively or negatively)...because its the right thing to do and well doing humantarian works should be as unconditional and selfless as possible - its called serving the betterness of mankind.

I totally agree with you, its sad that a government doesnt always put the thoughts of their people out there but doesnt mean these people shouldnt be helped. Being in Israel when this first happened I heard many stories of Israel sending about 150 people to Sri Lanka to help for search and rescue and to set up hospitals and such. They were one of the first countries to get there with aid and supplies yet were turned away from the government due to the fact that the minority of muslim politicians put pressure on the government. They were told that the people couldnt come in but they were welcome to drop off the supplies. Even though this happened they still dropped off the supplies without thinking twice and continue to do so. At times like this there is no need to think about what they will do for us in return.

Guest web_norah

i am not defending Harry one bit, i think everyone makes mistakes and as with Guymans comments, i choose to forget about it really....i

Guest guyman1966

Norah... Guyman saying fuck Tsunami aid is no different than Prince Harry wearing a Nazi uniform to a damn party...

Help me out with this... am I a PRINCE or a NAZI? LOL ;D

Guest maru37

Yo, I feel like good people (and countries with good-natured people living in them) should always help out when we can. It's not about what we get back, it's about basic human dignity and compassion, something I think our country was founded on. I think that it's hype that so many common people have stepped up to help out. I don't care if Sri Lanka or Thailand ever do sh*t for the US, I just feel like it's basic compassion. The reward is whatever you make of it.

Hopefully though, it'll help show people who don't know better that US citizens are good people (for the most part) and that we're not infidels or bloodthirsty warriors. We're good at other things too.

PEACE - Maru