Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Christians issue gay warning on SpongeBob video

Guest trancepriest

Guest trancepriest

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/20/sponge.bob.reut/index.html

excerpt:

SpongeBob, who lives in a pineapple under the sea, was "outed" by the U.S. media in 2002 after reports that the TV show and its merchandise are popular with gays. His creator, Stephen Hillenburg, said at the time that though SpongeBob was an oddball, he thought of all the characters in the show as asexual.

Guest slamminshaun

they'll be the first in pointing fingers.... but they're the biggest hypocrites too (Christians)

Right...I'm sure liberals aren't hypocritical. SUV's come to mind...

Guest web_norah

at least i am not saying i pray every Sunday at church and i am a virgin.....and do the exact opposite ::)

conservatives are a holy bunch of saved souls and liberals are the evil, didnt you know?

personally, i rather burn in hell. there'll be far more interesting people there, than a bunch of zzzzz personalities....

Guest JMT

this has about as much to do with ordinary Christians as Scott Peterson does with loving husbands. oh, and ALL muslims are responsible for 9/11.

Norah you are the first to point out when people make ignorant generalizations, and now you are the hypocrite for doing it here. lame.

Guest durrtylexx

they'll be the first in pointing fingers.... but they're the biggest hypocrites too (Christians)

agreed., same goes with any extremely religious person,,

thats why I say no to religion..

its all about the golden rule..

Guest slamminshaun

And who came up with the golden rule? "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" (Hint: a very religious figure did)

Norah, I never said liberals are evil, I just feel their politics are usually misguided. Most of them are very warm, caring people. Not saying church-goers are perfect, and they'd be the first to admit they're not. But they believe you have to have a standard for which you strive to live by. Yes, you will fail along the way, but NO, it does not make you a hypocrite. Are there hypocrites in the church? Hard to say, man is born in sin, it is our nature.

at least i am not saying i pray every Sunday at church and i am a virgin.....and do the exact opposite ::)

conservatives are a holy bunch of saved souls and liberals are the evil, didnt you know?

personally, i rather burn in hell. there'll be far more interesting people there, than a bunch of zzzzz personalities....

So you would rather rule in hell then follow in heaven?

I wonder what type of sound system they have down there j/k lol.

Guest durrtylexx

And who came up with the golden rule? "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" (Hint: a very religious figure did)

dude i treat everyone with respect as long as they dont shit on me..thats it..i could care less if your black, white, muslim, jewish, whatever..i live my life for myself, and i respect humanity..

Guest slamminshaun

My point was that Jesus was the author of the golden rule which you say you go by, yet, you say "no" to all religion.

Guest durrtylexx

My point was that Jesus was the author of the golden rule which you say you go by' date=' yet, you say "no" to all religion.

[/quote']

its cool man, it doesnt matter where it came from..just be happy, and live life..i think its a human quality, not a religious one..i respect your opinion and we both agree on it..

Guest pod

My point was that Jesus was the author of the golden rule which you say you go by' date=' yet, you say "no" to all religion.

[/quote']

Where's the proof of that?

Not being critical, but where is the proof?

Guest JMT

if you want to get technical, we really have zero proof of anything in the universe other than what we witness with our own eyes. but even then we might not know what we are really seeing is "true". maybe we live in the matrix.

Guest slamminshaun

My point was that Jesus was the author of the golden rule which you say you go by, yet, you say "no" to all religion.

Where's the proof of that?

Not being critical, but where is the proof?

Matthew 7:12

Guest web_norah

i dont do the bible.......and once again, it is usually most conservatives who do the pointing of fingers at this and that and the other...

Guest web_norah

good attempt to make a point by saying absolutely nothing at all.

right on. as usual like you're the voice of reason here ::)

Guest web_norah

i never claimed to be the voice of reason of anything....thats the conservative rant and thats certainly NOT my style...i am not the moralist here, remember? ::)

Guest slamminshaun

i never claimed to be the voice of reason of anything....thats the conservative rant and thats certainly NOT my style...i am not the moralist here, remember? ::)

I know you haven't claimed to be the voice of reason, that would be very unliberal of you. The more liberal rant is that associated with the voice of enlightenment. Liberals are so much more intellectually superior then everyone else that its a miracle non-liberals can figure out how to put their shoes on properly.