Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nick Warren to do a new Global Underground

Guest ramon

Guest Diabolique

I used to like Nick Warren, but I have no idea what he sounds like these days. Terry Francis, on the other hand, is the shizzz-Nite! He's done some work with DJ Three I really enjoy...

Guest ramon

Best GU compilation CD for me would have to be the Afterhours one... amazing!!!.... and the classic John Digweed @ Sidney and lee burridge's 24:7 and nubreed.

I have seen NW a couple of times and everytime he's sucked behind the decks....but that's just me...

Someone else should be doing this compilation.... how about Terry Francis or Morillo?

Enough Nick Warren...

they both cater to different sounds and can sell compilations through other mediums francis through fabric and morillo through his subliminal imprint.

i'd love to see laurent do a gu and show those fuckers a thing or two ;) ,but i think they missed the boat on it already along with a few other dj's.

regarding nick .. i think he can be totally amazing gu:24 cd1 is one of my favorites in the series, but he can also get caught up with some bad records as well .. i mean truly how many of you knew about ulrich schnauss before gu24 how many people knew about adam johnson's narita release before he charted and now its on digweed's fabric disc .. nick has done more than just been a dj he's been able put producers on these cd's and give them the recognition they deserve like adam spears aka starkid r.i.p. and some guy from oxford named james holden.

personally i'm looking forward to the project and i hope he can continue to introduce to these great music that is often overlooked.

Guest shannon_coolj.

I used to like Nick Warren, but I have no idea what he sounds like these days. Terry Francis, on the other hand, is the shizzz-Nite! He's done some work with DJ Three I really enjoy...

Definitely! I saw Francis and DJ Three at the Marlin during the conference last year -- WICKED!!!

Guest web_norah
regarding nick .. i think he can be totally amazing gu:24 cd1 is one of my favorites in the series, but he can also get caught up with some bad records as well ..

he is just ok Ramon, nothing to be screaming about really....if you want to talk about people bringing obscure up-and-coming talent, there are plenty in that series who have done just as much if not more than N Warren...listen to Athens, London GU's, or even the Nu Breeds, Sander and Lawler, especially.... or the Howells 24:7.

L Garnier would be a fitting type for GU. Morillo and Terry Francis (though good), dont come near Garnier, Garnier makes anything just flow right into his sets...not as loopy and accapellas as Danny T is, but surely an amazing musical journey..they wont play the obligatory 3 big room fillers filtered with house and disco (zzzzzzzz).

Guest Diabolique

Definitely! I saw Francis and DJ Three at the Marlin during the conference last year -- WICKED!!!

LOL! great party! Remember this guy? ;D

Guest durrtylexx

I like the London, Moscow, Toronto, Buenos Aires, and Athens comps..But for me London is the best one, I listen to it atleast once a week..The Nu Breed cd's are fantastic, and so are the after hours cd's..

Guest durrtylexx

Phil, you have like every stinking GU CD set there is!

I stopped buying them after Melbourne... I only listen to the DT ones and Burridge.

You don't like Sasha - Ibiza? That's one of the best ones in the GU series, IMO.

Totally agree. The best one imo. A classic. I never get tired of listening to it when I put it on.

I fell asleep listening to it..ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Guest ramon

Ibiza captures the sound of that time all of those records have become classics .. try to find them you can't!

its what really broke Sander into the scene imo.

Sacred is still fuckin amazing .. I think it would sound great on the terrace.

Guest web_norah

Ibiza captures the sound of that time all of those records have become classics .. try to find them you can't!

I fell asleep listening to it..ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

classic what dude?

i,too, fell asleep... lol

Phil, you have like every stinking GU CD set there is!

I stopped buying them after Melbourne... I only listen to the DT ones and Burridge.

Where are my NW sets biatch?!?!?!? LOL!

They're rotting away in the trunk of my car (prbably too scratched up to be played). If only you weren't so lazy (and I, so forgetful). ;D

Guest mp3some

To each his own... some like some sounds better than others; but one thing is for sure, the GU series launched many djs, producers, etc. to the main light... I have always looked fwd to gu releases, be it gu's, nubreeds, 24.7, and even lawler's lights out had some bombs in'em... I'm always up for somn new.

How about pappa's nubreed.. burridge!! and Satoshi's!!! man o man.. so many incredible albums...

and the sasha-ibiza IS a classic of it's time... playing that cd is like going back to yr 2000 or late 99... (granted, i probably cant listen to the whole entire thing enjoying it as i did back then, but still a classic of its time).... Of that series all of digweed's, DT's, the nick warren amsterdam was :o, even oakenfold's NY cd is one of the most incredible cds ever!! lol :ducks for cover: but i stand by that... some timeless tunes in there!

the only one so far that was really disappointing to me was lavelle's releases... and i havent really heard deep dish's latest (toronto, i believe)...

Let's see what happens w this one...

Peace!

.- 8)

Guest michael^heaven

---Faves...

>Sasha->SanFrancisco

>Nick Warren->Prague(one of the few recorded live)

>Nick Warren->Amsterdam

---A new GU might be interesting.

Guest trancelator

and the sasha-ibiza IS a classic of it's time... playing that cd is like going back to yr 2000 or late 99... (granted, i probably cant listen to the whole entire thing enjoying it as i did back then, but still a classic of its time).... Of that series all of digweed's, DT's, the nick warren amsterdam was :o, even oakenfold's NY cd is one of the most incredible cds ever!! lol :ducks for cover: but i stand by that... some timeless tunes in there!

Yup, I'm with you and Ramon on Ibiza. It didn't win awards at the conference in 2000 for nothing. And I don't want to hear the tired bs of "I don't care what awards it won. It 's not an award winner to me." That's crap. An accomplishment is an accomplishment.

The GU's coming out a few years back were great. They were on fire with Tenaglia, Seaman, Digweed, Sasha, Warren and (yes, Mp3) Oakenfold. People can say what they want about Oakenfold now but it was cd's like NY that made him a legend.