Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How BIG is your Digital Music Collection?

Guest macboy

Guest macboy

Just curious. I was trying to organize my collection over the weekend when I realized I had amassed about 80 gigs of files, almost all legit. To some that's a lot, but I know there are a bunch of you out there that have way more.

And is it mostly EDM? Do you keep all the sets you get from your DJ friends?

So let's hear it. How much do you have? ???

8)

Guest pod

Not too much so far, only like 5 or 6 gigs, consisting of DJ sets and tracks from my CD collection. I tend to only encode as I need things...

Guest Chromeheart

5 maxtor 80 gig hard drives. filled buyin a bigger external hard drive soon.. i can have music play consisten for 1 yr 7mth

Guest web_norah

no idea

between vinyl, cds and digital, lets just say i have over 1000 albums and even more singles..not just electronica, i have r&b, latin, world music, soul, rock and other stuff

Guest durrtylexx

dam my laptop is full with 40 gigs of sets

my desk top has 27 gigs of music and a few movies ;)

and I have a mountain full of cd's

I also have vinly and tapes...

O digital everything in my computer gets burned....there used to be a library type room in my home after we inherited the house from our parents it got turned into a music room wall to wall, floor to ceiling (15 foot ceiling), we must have around 18.000 to 20.000 records divided in alphabetical order and in vinyl, super cds and regular cds. anything from ambience,disco obscurities, new wave,box sets, electronic, dj sets, latin jazz ...except hip hop I just do not like it. 70 percent of all the music is bought thru ebay and amazon..... a couple of djs that have been in that room of my house had been amazed by my collection and some others have been very offended by me not lending a record or two... sorry my shit is not gonna get ruined, which I must say... I enjoy very much whenever I have problem or stress I just go on that room and sometimes I do not come out for 2 straight days.... it doesnt help the situation... but I feel great about anything hahaha. Music is the answer people.

Guest trancelator

O digital everything in my computer gets burned....there used to be a library type room in my home after we inherited the house from our parents it got turned into a music room wall to wall, floor to ceiling (15 foot ceiling), we must have around 18.000 to 20.000 records divided in alphabetical order and in vinyl, super cds and regular cds. anything from ambience,disco obscurities, new wave,box sets, electronic, dj sets, latin jazz ...except hip hop I just do not like it. 70 percent of all the music is bought thru ebay and amazon..... a couple of djs that have been in that room of my house had been amazed by my collection and some others have been very offended by me not lending a record or two... sorry my shit is not gonna get ruined, which I must say... I enjoy very much whenever I have problem or stress I just go on that room and sometimes I do not come out for 2 straight days.... it doesnt help the situation... but I feel great about anything hahaha. Music is the answer people.

Now THAT is a collection. And I don't blame you for not lending anything out. I have to have 1000% total trust in someone to lend them anything. Otherwise, it becomes part of their collection.

Guest maru37

20 gb's, 700+ cd's, and 4 iPods. Let's just say there is ALWAYS something playing!

Anyone know anywhere to get live sets that we might not know about already?

Guest iamheckler

Well, when you have access to a T3 line at home, it's pretty easy to download a lot of music. Also, with Soul Seek and the wishlist constantly searching for new tracks from my favorite artists...

I got (2) 120 Gigs full and im working on filling up my new laptop, about 18 gigs so far.

Mostly 80's, Funk, Classic Rock and a whole lot of house. On top of this I only keep files that I like. And its always 192kbps and above.

Obsess much? Yes!

Aside from the mix sets I get from people, I have nothing in mp3 or other digital format. It's all on CD's (mostly store purchased copies) and vinyl. :D