Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Producers that shouldn't DJ...

Have you ever come across any artists that possess fantastic production/remix talent but when they're faced with the task of dj'ing, they lose their cool?

I can think of a few:

DJ Garth

Patrick Turner

DJ Buck

Eddie Amador

Jay Tripwire

Boy George

Omid Nourizadeh (16B)

Deep Dish (referring to productions before their Yoshiesque sets; now they just plain out suck, IMO)

Simon Dunmore (Defected's front man)

DJ Dozia

;D

Guest ramon

i'm sorry to say, but...

james holden

james has really come a long way .. you have no idea how much better he is unless you have heard him in the past year.

he plays some great music as well.

i'm sorry to say, but...

james holden

james has really come a long way .. you have no idea how much better he is unless you have heard him in the past year.

he plays some great music as well.

good to hear. i saw him open for warren last wmc, it was horrible. but i am a fan of his productions

Guest swirlundergrounder

Have you ever come across any artists that possess fantastic production/remix talent but when they're faced with the task of dj'ing, they lose their cool?

I can think of a few:

DJ Garth

Patrick Turner

DJ Buck

Eddie Amador

Jay Tripwire

Boy George

Omid Nourizadeh (16B)

Deep Dish (referring to productions before their Yoshiesque sets; now they just plain out suck, IMO)

DJ Dozia

;D

Sorry but I have to disagree with you on DJ Buck, DJ Garth and Dubfire of Deep Dish. ..(I agree with you on Sharam of Deep Dish)....Being from the West Coast I've hada lot of good chances to hear both Garth and Buck (Though I haven't heard them in a few years) and they both are good DJ's imo...Though Garth sometimes does to much experimenting on some of his sets. The best of the 4 Wicked DJ's is Jeno, then Markie (who's always consistent) then Garth and then Thomas in that Order....

I played with Jay Tripwire back in 2000 at a big rave in Seattle and he played really well then. But the past 5 years he's really been concentrating his efforts in the studio. He always has anywhere between 25 and 40 tracks ready to be released at any given time....That's how much work he does in the studio and that's why he's gained a little bit of weight since.....LOL

Guest rollyp66

I dont' know man I can remember some amazing Deep Dish sets back in DC. Haven't heard them live in a while though.

They suck unless they are being recorded cuz the past few times I've head them.... SLEEP DISH!

Guest thehog

I dont' know man I can remember some amazing Deep Dish sets back in DC. Haven't heard them live in a while though.

They suck unless they are being recorded cuz the past few times I've head them.... SLEEP DISH!

yeah i love alot of there stuff but the last time i saw them blew.

I even told sharam that his set sucked one night on the patio

Guest digital7

Iz of Iz and Diz......

I saw Joshua open up for Tom Middleton a few years ago @ the Hooj Choons party and he was amazing.. He's also one of my favorite producers

Guest Seb

Armand Van Heldon

I think I heard him for the first time at an Ultra party in August '03. Trainwrecks gallor and all commercial tracks, no originality what so ever. A god of producer though.

I can think of a few:

DJ Garth

Patrick Turner

DJ Buck

Eddie Amador

Jay Tripwire

Boy George

Omid Nourizadeh (16B)

DJ Dozia

;D

... The best of the 4 Wicked DJ's is Jeno, then Markie (who's always consistent) then Garth and then Thomas in that Order....

Are you referring to Marky Star? ;D

Guest Diabolique

Dave Christophere could really use some mixing practice. His track selection is awesome, but his mixing skills are worse than mine. Mine are pretty amateur, to say the least.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I can think of a few:

DJ Garth

Patrick Turner

DJ Buck

Eddie Amador

Jay Tripwire

Boy George

Omid Nourizadeh (16B)

DJ Dozia

;D

... The best of the 4 Wicked DJ's is Jeno, then Markie (who's always consistent) then Garth and then Thomas in that Order....

Are you referring to Marky Star? ;D

No 'Markie' of Wicked

Guest lyrik

I have to disagree with you on Jay Tripwire

Ya Jay is pretty straight...Phill may have heard a bad set or 2 - it happens to everyone...but lately Jay has been pretty spot on.

Phill - check out Jay's set from last May on undergroundhouse.net (half way down the front page) - pretty dope.

I have to disagree with you on Jay Tripwire

Ya Jay is pretty straight...Phill may have heard a bad set or 2 - it happens to everyone...but lately Jay has been pretty spot on.

Phill - check out Jay's set from last May on undergroundhouse.net (half way down the front page) - pretty dope.

There are 2 that he did for Northern Lights. I like the newer one better. ;D

Guest slamminshaun

BT, as in the producer of Somnambulist (not Brian Tappert). I heard that guy spin having so many high expectations because of his production work. Man, I felt like I was listening to a wedding dj spin house music.

Guest lyrik

BT' date=' as in the producer of Somnambulist (not Brian Tappert). I heard that guy spin having so many high expectations because of his production work. Man, I felt like I was listening to a wedding dj spin house music.

[/quote']

He's a shitty DJ...but on the other hand...he openly admits that he doesn't take Djing seriously.

• 2 weeks later...