Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Guest Davenavarro10

Guest Davenavarro10

What do you guys think of this radio station? Do you guys enjoy it and tune in, or do you want to smash your radio everytime you come across it? Does 93.1 actually play the kind of music that you Junkies listen to? I think the station is a good idea, but I think that it is too mainstream, they need more variety. I have also noticed that lately (in the past year or so) they have been playing alot of retro and freestyle. Does 93.1 make you want to party or puke?

Guest pod

93.1 has to keep it "mainstream" to make money. Left of center material doesn't profit.

It is a good thing since it gets people into the scene overall. If you want your 'underground' fix, just tune into a stream online.

Guest JMT

i dont listen to it unless its a global dj broadcast or some retro stuff thats good. its crap 99% of the time, but its still better for EDM here than nothing at all.

Guest LeVeL

its kool...I like it the way it is. I dont want to hear the underground shit overplayed on a radio station. Look at Hip Hop for example..there is no such thing as underground in that genre...everything you hear in a station you can listen in a club.

Thats why I like EDM because the music is always fresh 8)

Guest rollyp66

its kool...I like it the way it is. I dont want to hear the underground shit overplayed on a radio station. Look at Hip Hop for example..there is no such thing as underground in that genre...everything you hear in a station you can listen in a club.

You are wrong about that...there is plenty of underground hip-hop

Hell yes I couldn't wait to get a mix tape back in the day with all the underground hip hop that wasn't out yet.

Guest LeVeL

acourse there is underground...but that what you call underground are basically unsign rappers freestyling. Basically underground means unsigned in the Rap game.

And basically underground hip hop is not bumped at the clubs like the way you see EDM gets bumped in the club but when you tune into a station to listen it sounds nothing like it.

What do you guys think of this radio station? Do you guys enjoy it and tune in, or do you want to smash your radio everytime you come across it? Does 93.1 actually play the kind of music that you Junkies listen to? I think the station is a good idea, but I think that it is too mainstream, they need more variety. I have also noticed that lately (in the past year or so) they have been playing alot of retro and freestyle. Does 93.1 make you want to party or puke?

17673325.jpg

no need to post a response.... I just don't like you ;D

Guest Davenavarro10

Pod I know that they have to keep it mainstream to make money, but how many times can a person hear Better off alone before they lose their mind? I think that most of the stuff they play could be considered dance pop. How about playing Tricky every once in a while, or maybe the Prodigy (who are pretty mainstream but get no radio airplay)? Variety is the spice of life.

Guest rollyp66

Pod I know that they have to keep it mainstream to make money, but how many times can a person hear Better off alone before they lose their mind? I think that most of the stuff they play could be considered dance pop. How about playing Tricky every once in a while, or maybe the Prodigy (who are pretty mainstream but get no radio airplay)? Variety is the spice of life.

It is a little more complex than you think, they simply can't just play stuff unless it is a DJ mixing live

Most radio stations have a play list that they just keep in rotation. Like Pod said it's all about the money.

Guest pod

Tell that to the focus groups. They determine the playlists pretty much. 93.1 isn't geared towards people like you, it is geared towards the 95 percent of the population that doesn't go out regularly.

If you wanna hear Prodigy and Tricky so bad, play a CD.

Guest pod

That is true as well, what Roly said. You can't just play whatever on the air. Gotta worry about royalties and charting and scheduling and all that. 93.1 plays dance music, but they are still a commercial radio station.

Guest Davenavarro10

If I'm not mistaken, they still play individual songs don't they? I doubt that they always have an actual dj spinning records at the station. I think that they probably operate in the same way that other radio stations do.

Guest JMT

i was getting the 93.1 surveys for a while. i think they stopped sending them when i they saw i went about 4 straight months and only gave an approval on maybe 1 or 2 tracks each time.

Guest pod

More often than not, the station is run off of a computer system. Live DJs are a rarity.

Nonetheless, each song played on the station has to be cleared for broadcast.

Kennyman you don't even know me, but that's cool. You seem like a pretty narrow-minded kook anyway.

kennyloo.jpg

I don't but I know how to make a little bit of you.......hahahahaha.....sorry it was too easy :'(