Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What the Hell happend to 94.9 ZETA???

Guest klubveteran

Guest Cosmigonon

ZETA played the same 20 tracks, maybe that was the problem.

105.9 rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I *heart* paul n' ron :P

Please, 105.9 plays the same 30 songs all day also : Tiny dancer, Magic Man, Carry On wayward son, etc.

That's even worse, considering the vast amount of old rock and roll they could play, yet they play the same old crap everyday...

And paul and young ron, that's gotta be the most unfunny radio duo ever... :-X

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

"Carry on my wayward son, there will be peace when you are done...nanananananana ..... don't you cry (don't you cry) don't cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!"

Guest Cosmigonon

"Carry on my wayward son, there will be peace when you are done...nanananananana ..... don't you cry (don't you cry) don't cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!"

I looooooooooooooooooooove that song, I used to sing that with my cover band in bars in Pma back in the day, but I gotta admit it's been overplayed by them (although i don't care, cause everytime they play I still sing my heart out... ;D)

Guest lil_liz

I know. You don't know how PISSED I was when I got in my car and heard yet another spanish station...as if Miami doesn't have enough.

That station was probably the ONLY good station here. Go figures >:(

Guest vaughan

Thank god I have had XM in my last two cars!

I will miss Zeta but Satellite has soo much more to offer... especially for a punk fan like myself. And now with Zeta gone.. at least you "powder-types" have something to whine about for a little while.

I actually haven't listened to FM in a longggggg time... well that's not 100% true... I would tune in once in a while to see if 93.1 was still playing the same 4 songs.... and freestyle...

Thank god I have had XM in my last two cars!

Guest saintjohn

Actually Saintjohn they are no longer signed to Sony. And it wasn't even really a riot.

Yeah, I know, that's why I put "riot" in quotation marks. As for the label, I didn't realize Pearl Jam had switched since the incident. With which corporation is the band signed now?

I've never been a fan of Pearl Jam, but the band can certainly rock on occasion. Their obscure (and brilliant) cover version of the Who's "Leaving Here," for example, proves what can the band can accomplish when Eddie Vedder focuses on performance, not politics.

Unlike Pod, I don't view a band's ability (or desire) to start a riot as evidence that they truly rock (having frustrated fans climb a fence to see a sold-out show is, in my view, much preferable to mob violence and destruction).

All of our respective definitions of rock are different. That's predictable and no big deal. However, the fact that so many of us are dissatisfied with broadcast radio indicates that something is very, very wrong. Having grown up back when radio was actually entertaining, I feel sorry for kids today who are being force-fed a musical diet of formulaic, homogenous hits. Radio, as I once knew it, is dead, and so is the sense of community that great local stations were once able to create.

Guest pod

XM or Sirius doesn't matter to me. XM is kind of a catchall term for satellite radio it seems.

Oddly enough I think Zeta will do better as a Latin station. Miami is Latin, get used to it.

Guest Diabolique

Where are they going to play the new NIN album, or TOOL? If they don't get airplay, how can they promote tours here??

fooking bulls**t!!

Guest pod

Promote via XM, and the internet.

On my side of the fence, radio play doesn't mean shit. Electronic artists have moved beyond analog radio as a means of where to tour.

Guest JMT

Zeta was a south florida fixture for so long... even though i have been prefering classics on Big 106 more lately when in a rock mood, its sad to see it go. the modern rock they played sucked ass, but like Alex said, its the earlier gems that you would like to hear. it was my staple station for the majority of my high school years, and now will be wiped off my presets. at least Paul and Ron live on!

Guest saintjohn

I should note that there remains one last hope for broadcast radio: low power FM (LPFM). The FCC started to license a new class of community radio stations during the Clinton administration (credit where credit is due), but a curious coalition of big media (the National Association of Broadcasters) and National Public Radio successfully lobbied Congress to freeze the program. Interestingly, one of the original LPFM stations has become #1 (according to Arbitron) in Muskogee, Michigan. It's not a major market, but it shows the potential for community-based broadcasting.

This month, Congress is going to be re-visiting the issue of LPFM. Howard Dean is expected to introduce a bill (which has the support of outgoing FCC chair Michael Powell) to revive the program. Depending on the bill's language, this could be an opportunity for niche broadcasters and pirate radio stations to become legitimate alternatives to Clear Channel and the other clueless corporations.

Or not.

Guest tres_manos

another spanish station ??? i need that like another bag of churros ,limes,or shrimp while i'm in traffic! i'm going to get out of florida before i puke. will the last american leaving miami please bring the flag :'( i'm not against the latin community, i'm part of it but this is the last straw. i've had enough!!! >:(

Guest pod

Settle down, buy a portable media player, a satellite radio, and join the 21st century.

Stop worrying about what a 20th century medium is doing and learn to love the bomb.

And if you move, that's cool with me, one less car on the road for me to smash into.

Guest barstar diana

i said fuck u to clear channel and i bough XM radio, i dont want my ratings helping Clear channel to jack up thier prices...any way i rather pay for 200 than get free wak programing from the clear channel monopoly :o :o