Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Miami Restaurants....

V. Barbarino

Guest Devilicious

nobu is awesome, incredible food and service is on point

joe's stone crabs was delicious when i went (only once)

i have a fondness for michael collins as well...they brought me a delicious, perfectly cooked filet in leiu of the strip i ordered :) granted that was a mistake on their part and i wouldn't have been happy had it been the other way around but still!

i've found most of my problems with dining out in miami to be related to the service staff. Mostly they are clueless and tend not to give a shit since (on the beach anyway) their 18% is already included.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DrFired

Im down for another mealtime meetup any day but Friday this week...Im making dinner for my fellow Palm Beachers. ;)

Count me in! :)

Max's Grill on Beach place and downtown ft. lauderdale have awesome lunches for $3.99 until 4pm even on weekends!

A little bag of cucarachas in your back pocket, will pick up the tab if the place is charging a little too much. It never fails if you become noticibly loud with the manager and the place is packed....

Guest vegasguy25

I agree, I have yet to eat at a nice restaurant with good food and service in Miami. Usually bland food, bad service and a large bill.

I ate at Emeril's when I was there in November, and we had a great experience. It was $500 for 3 people, but it was great. We experienced none of those problems you say you run into. I don't doubt I would run into them if I were to hit a few of those other restaurants.

So where will you be taking me? ;):P

Hosteria Romana. It's on Espanola Way. I checked it out when I was there. It's a great little place.

I agree, I have yet to eat at a nice restaurant with good food and service in Miami. Usually bland food, bad service and a large bill.

I ate at Emeril's when I was there in November, and we had a great experience. It was $500 for 3 people, but it was great. We experienced none of those problems you say you run into. I don't doubt I would run into them if I were to hit a few of those other restaurants.

So where will you be taking me? ;):P

Hosteria Romana. It's on Espanola Way. I checked it out when I was there. It's a great little place.

hehe

Guest julio305

A little bag of cucarachas in your back pocket, will pick up the tab if the place is charging a little too much. It never fails if you become noticibly loud with the manager and the place is packed....

dam brother u need a bag of them ,,,,,,,,shit i usually just take one and it does the trick!

HAHAHAHA

There's a few good restaurants around here. Ya gotta look for them and not go by the hype in the weekly scandal rags.

In my hood there's Katana, Che Sopranos, and Las Vacas Gordas.

Nevermind Pizzafiore. ;D

where is las vacas gordas? been wanting to go there!

Guest bcnjunkie

I've read good reviews of that Italian restaurant that is in the building with Crobar. Has anyone eaten there?

Osteria del Teatro has always been very good ... I have not visited in a while but I imagine it still keeps its' high standards

Guest lulamishka

PF CHANGS :drool:

:-X

Michelle, did Carisa just hate on PF Chang's? >:(

BTW, Carisa, update us on that technopussy situation, ok?

Oh NO she di'nt! LOL! :D

Guest ramon

I've read good reviews of that Italian restaurant that is in the building with Crobar. Has anyone eaten there?

Osteria del Teatro has always been very good ... I have not visited in a while but I imagine it still keeps its' high standards

i've heard nothing but good things .. must check it out one day.

Guest LdySphynx

There's a few good restaurants around here. Ya gotta look for them and not go by the hype in the weekly scandal rags.

In my hood there's Katana, Che Sopranos, and Las Vacas Gordas.

Nevermind Pizzafiore. ;D

where is las vacas gordas? been wanting to go there!

71 Street!!!!

A few blocks West of Collins ;D.

Guest guyman1966
10. god forbid you could take the empty bottles and plaets off the table once in a while..

proper etiquette dictates that plates are only to be picked up if everyone in the table is finished by either of two inidcations

* CONTINENTAL STYLE.... with fork and knife placed diagonaly on the edge of the plate

* CLASSIC EUROPEAN.... fork and knife placed in an "X" style accross the plate

if you failed to do so than it's really your fault and since you don't sound very polished I doubt it was the waiters carelesness

9. checking the tip i left while i'm still sitting at the table while you peak inside the book... hey fuck face, now you ain't getting shit..

it depends how you paid, checking to see if you left your credit card or to make sure you were issued the correct receipt is not offensive .... unless it's something you would do and thus expect it

8. how about a smile out of the wait staff?

a professional waiter will keep smiles to a minimum, he's there to be accomodating and not your buddy. Smiling and chatty waiters are not very professional...

7. The name of the food is in a different language than the description... come on, this is beyond gay... most places do this, these days, but lets just be honest and not make the food sound any fancier or foreign by using a different language.

if you don't understand the description of fine food than stick to McDonalds.... fine dining has to have a certain degree of sophistication for all the senses

6. The menu is written with all these fancy long food terms, but in the end it's just fucking ravolis... Just say ravolis in red sauce!!!

maybe you should stick to BK

5. Zero friendlyness in the staffs. No, how you doings, no nothing.. You feel like a fucking tourist..

"How you doing" in a fine restaurant ?

4. Fancy names, usually indicate a shitty place

huh ?

3. Typical waiter who is incompetent and must have some foreign accent and you can't figure out what language he speaks..

At least they don't pronounce prosciutto "prosciout" or mozarella "mozarel" like they do in Jersey .... pretending to have food knowledge .... sorry but someone from Jersey had no business complaining about accents

2. They try to sell appearance more than taste or value. Do fucking Italians like me really give a fuck how it looks??? We just mash it up anyways..

In Italy food taste is just as important as presentation

1. over priced

if you can't afford it don't go out

I hate to say this... but I agree w/ BCN 100%.

Guest guyman1966

Im down for another mealtime meetup any day but Friday this week...Im making dinner for my fellow Palm Beachers. ;)

Same deal w/ the Maxes in Weston... close to my office.

Count me in! :)

Max's Grill on Beach place and downtown ft. lauderdale have awesome lunches for $3.99 until 4pm even on weekends!