Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NHL back. Or not. We'll know at 1p

Guest guyman1966

Guest guyman1966

:'( :'( Highly disappointed that they couldn't work something out. This is unfair to us fans.

:(

Also think of the poor slobs who work at Hockey arenas to feed their familes. The hot dog guy, beer guy, ticket guy, ect... all unemployed.

both sides are shooting themselves in the foot. i think a few (or maybe more than that) teams are going to collapse. i wouldn't be surprised if the whole damn league collapses. so stupid. 1st professional sport to ever lose an entire season to a labor dispute.

Guest guyman1966

Also think of the poor slobs who work at Hockey arenas to feed their familes. The hot dog guy, beer guy, ticket guy, ect... all unemployed.

Yeah that sucks.

I'll be sure to buy an extra beer at the ODC tomorrow while at the Montley Crue concert!

So are you saying you only consume extra beers for a good cause? LOL

Guest The_Man

Motley Crue should put on a GREAT show tomorrow night. Looking forward to it. ;D

In an ESPN poll asking whether or not fans care about the NHL season being cancelled, 69% said no and 31% said yes. That doesn't bode well for the league. :-\

Guest klit

I don't really follow nhl much till the playoffs but I was waiting for this deal to get worked out and go to a hockey game. Never been to one yet so hopefully this thing gets worked out and I can see a game or two. Looks like a fun sport to go watch live.

Guest JMT

Motley Crue should put on a GREAT show tomorrow night. Looking forward to it. ;D

In an ESPN poll asking whether or not fans care about the NHL season being cancelled, 69% said no and 31% said yes. That doesn't bode well for the league. :-\

but the poll probably didnt filter out non-nhl fans. its easily the least popular of the big 4.

but the poll probably didnt filter out non-nhl fans. its easily the least popular of the big 4.

Would have been an awesome season if they'd been able to work it out. 28 games...how cool...

Oh well, it's a sad day for the sport. I feel bad for the young players. Also sucks that a bunch of the vets will probably retire now (Messier, Stevey Y, Chelios)...

Also, who knows what's going to happen with this Sydney Crosby kid, who is supposedly amazing...

I agree, easily the least popular of the NFL, NBA, MLB then NHL.

I'm sure a lot of people don't care.. but I do.. I'm a fan of the sport and I truly miss my ESPN Hockey Night during the week.... I miss seeing my boyfriend Barry Melrose on TV.. (I love that guy and his mullet rules!)

Don Cherry on the BBC :(

I want my Detroit Redwings. My Yzerman jersey hangs in my closet another year :(

Ok, since this board is filled with stunads, I"m gonna fill yous in why the fans are gonna come back..

See for fans like laura who want to blow every player, they will always be there. However for the fan such as me there is two eras in Hockey.

Pre Feb 16,2005 and now the new era in which hockey will change. That 42.5 million dollar cap is going bye bye... You may see 30 million dollar cap and a shit load of concessions the players don't want to take. But they are all now going to be replaced or they will have to cross the line. The owners hold the cards now and you'll see rule changes, more offensive, less fighting let bullshit penalties etc.. It's a new era, with HD TV, new markeing new everything. The status quo will not work, so it's now the new nhl..

Guest JMT

I agree, easily the least popular of the NFL, NBA, MLB then NHL.

I'm sure a lot of people don't care.. but I do.. I'm a fan of the sport and I truly miss my ESPN Hockey Night during the week.... I miss seeing my boyfriend Barry Melrose on TV.. (I love that guy and his mullet rules!)

Don Cherry on the BBC :(

I want my Detroit Redwings. My Yzerman jersey hangs in my closet another year :(

gotta love Melrose and his cliched basic game analysis, "they gotta skate better, control the puck, take more inside shots, and play better defense." hes great, and his suits rock.

Ok, since this board is filled with stunads, I"m gonna fill yous in why the fans are gonna come back..

See for fans like laura who want to blow every player, they will always be there. However for the fan such as me there is two eras in Hockey.

Pre Feb 16,2005 and now the new era in which hockey will change. That 42.5 million dollar cap is going bye bye... You may see 30 million dollar cap and a shit load of concessions the players don't want to take. But they are all now going to be replaced or they will have to cross the line. The owners hold the cards now and you'll see rule changes, more offensive, less fighting let bullshit penalties etc.. It's a new era, with HD TV, new markeing new everything. The status quo will not work, so it's now the new nhl..

First off there's nothing wrong with a little blow n' go.

Secondly, you rarely watch the sport so no one cares what you think.

The NHL has several months to fix itself or I'm moving to Europe.

I think there should be a salary cap like in Football.. I think there should be less games - and i wish they'd drop ticket prices. I'd definately go to more games if decent seats weren't $75 on a friggin' tuesday night.