Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Books you would like to see made into a movie?

Guest pod

Guest pod

Assuming a decent director and producer with a good screenplay adaptation, what books would you like to be seen made into movies?

I'll get the ball rolling....

Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson... There's been a rumour for awhile about this one...it would be difficult to do right, there's a shitload of subplots and backstory...

Altered Carbon by Richard K Morgan... This one has actually been optioned by Paramount to be made into a film. Meaning they paid a sum of money that is big to the author, but small to them, just to have as an idea...I could see this one going over well, there's sequences within the book that make a Hong Kong action movie look tame. One of the concepts in the book is that there is death and "real death", so people mangle each other at the drop of a hat...

Plus, you'll need two actors to play the lead role...read and find out why...

Assuming a decent director and producer with a good screenplay adaptation, what books would you like to be seen made into movies?

I'll get the ball rolling....

Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson... There's been a rumour for awhile about this one...it would be difficult to do right, there's a shitload of subplots and backstory...

i agree, great book though

have you read his other works?

Guest JMT

The Odyssey for crying out loud. years ago there were rumors Arnold was going to be cast in this, he would have been perfect at the time.

that tv movie with Armand Assante didnt cut it. it needs to be two 3 hour big budget epics.

Guest pod

Yep!

Oddly enough I carry a paperback with me almost all the time. The vagaries of transport often leave me with some idle time at various locations.

Slagging through a gory sequence of Altered Carbon is a hoot on a Sunday morning after being out all night. If you pick up the book, Chapter 26 is this insane sequence of the main charachter doing a shitload of a meth-like drug, and hopping from club to club in Europe.

Guest web_norah

people who dont read books are nerds -- seriously

and to answer the question

i'd probably want a "Tell All", like a series of documentaries to Last Night A DJ Saved My Life. sorta like what Vh1 did about the history of hip hop music or the TRIO version of the N-Word documentary.

Guest barstar diana

books are for nerds

i guess im a nerd cuz i read a book per week

thats graduate skool for you ass

but i would love to see a movie made out of any of David Icke's books hes got some crazie conspiracy theories though im really not sure how that would work out at a movie ???

Guest Cosmigonon

i'd probably want a "Tell All", like a series of documentaries to Last Night A DJ Saved My Life. sorta like what Vh1 did about the history of hip hop music

That's the first thing I thought when i saw that series on VH1...

The Long Walk - by Richard Bachman (Stephen King pen-name). This book is part of a 4-book compilation including "The Running Man" (great sci-fi Arnold movie). Very interesting story - this is the amazon description:

It is the in-depth story of how a boy named Ray Garraty must survive the greatest challenge of his life -- the Long Walk. This annual event is summarized as follows: 100 boys start walking; if you walk under 4 miles per hour, you get a warning; after 3 warnings, if you slow down again, you are shot dead. The winner of the Long Walk is the last boy left walking.

The story "Rage" is also cool, but I think they took it out of circulation after Columbine.

Breaking the House - about the MIT blackjack team...currently in production I think.

Star - Pam Anderson's book.

Alexander - Baz Lurhmann's version is going to be made. This is going to be awesome.