Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why Use Vinyl?

djtommyc

The vinyl/cd/mp3/md debate will go on and on forever...

Personally, when i made the decision to get into DJing i didnt have much money to spend on tables, mixer, needles, and to update vinyl weekly. Not only that, but I am not and never intended to be a club DJ or make DJing my career. Its something i do for fun. Since I already had a lot of music on cds, and I have a couple friends who spin vinyl, i decided to go with CD decks.

Does it make me less of a DJ if do what I do on CD? I dont think so, especially since i can perform better than a lot of DJ's who spin vinyl. TOO many people have come up to me at parties Ive done and say "yo youre good bro...you dont use vinyl?" and i say "nope just cds" and they walk away with a confused look on their face, as if to say good DJ's only spin vinyl.

I tried to spin on my friend's tables....it was tough as hell. That is why i have the utmost respect for the vinyl DJ's. But I dont look down upon CDJ's at all. A DJ should be judged by his performance, not by what he performs on.

Let me introduce another factor. The crowd. Ive been to parties where a kid brought his decks and crate and played whatever the hell he wanted. But people sat..people left...people didnt want to hear what he played. Meanwhile, I used to setup at parties with a regular 5 disc carousel changer, a discman, and a radio shack mixer, and had people dancing and having a great time.

Bottom line: While vinyl DJ's deserve the respect that we give them, we shouldnt put down someone who does just as good of a job using some other medium, be it cd's, mp3's, MiniDisc's or 8-tracks for all I care!!

Let me know what you guys think....especially you tranza

BG smile.gif

------------------

Underground will live forever baby!!..We just like ROACHES....we never die...always livin!

Tranza, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or something. Jesus man chill the hell out. No need to be calling women bitches on a message board. You don't know any of these people, so where do you get off???

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

AOL IM BouncyBy

..Listen maybe I was a little out of line but I really dont give a shit

..Lizzy you bitch all the time about how much this board sucks yet you keep comming back

..And for the record, anything I say to you or anyone else on this board I will say to your face ..Ok? Butch?

..And DJ Mikee, I could care less about what you think of me ..I dont give a fuck if I "lost my credibility" to you or anyone else.. You dont like my posts dont fucking read them..Period

..Seems the only people that have a problem with me are you exit freaks

..Maybe you should try www.candylandmusicboard.com if you cant take the heat..

... finger.gif .....

------------------

.."Musik" Guest List Thursdays @ Emanon Nightclub (Westchester)..

..Tranza52@yahoo.com

..Rockell Live 6-21

..Johnny Vicious 6-28

oh someone admits they were out of line! i don't take your shit kid, do whatever you want, but leave me the fuck out of your posts. and since when did i say the board sucked?

never=) you can fuck off and have a good day.

------------------

~*~lizzy~*~

aim: woa its lizzy

EXIT fridays: Lil Lizzy's Guestlist;)

147.gif

Sicktracks<~*~*~go here!<~*~*~

I appreaciate the quick responce because I'm about to bounce to the U2 concert..

You dont want me to post to you then stay away from mine.. You open your big mouth and make stupid comments to anything me or Baby3Tears say.. Why dont you get OFF THE JOCK and go download something.. I really dont have time to go and find all the comments you have made about this board, and I really could care less ( I KNOW you made them, and that's all that matters)

..Have a WAA WAA WAA kind of night

------------------

.."Musik" Guest List Thursdays @ Emanon Nightclub (Westchester)..

..Tranza52@yahoo.com

..Rockell Live 6-21

..Johnny Vicious 6-28

witty...so agreed? no more comments about either of us?

cwm8.gifcwm8.gif

------------------

~*~lizzy~*~

aim: woa its lizzy

EXIT fridays: Lil Lizzy's <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> Guestlist</A> </A> wink.gif

147.gif

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.sicktracks.com" TARGET=_blank>Sicktracks</A><~*~*~go here!<~*~*~

[This message has been edited by lillizzy (edited 06-19-2001).]

[This message has been edited by lillizzy (edited 06-19-2001).]

yo ibclubbin, that is no doubt true...i spin on cd's but on a hip hop tip...it's the utmost truth that a dj is a dj who can make the crowd move, no matter what he spins or spins on...i guess some traditional catz think vinyl is the only 'real' way to go about it...nevertheless, i respect any individual who spins on whatever equipment they use...like you, i had tons of cd and thought cd mixing was my route instead of having crates of music and having to start getting on vinyl which i have on cd...

as for the drama, we just gotz to chill...the way i feel, as club members, it's like fate that we get to chat to each other on this board, it's like fam...so i give mad luv to each and everyone on this board...positivity = smiles...hehehhee...think about it, i think it would make you feel better if you help out someone with a song id or something else and they appreciate with gratitude...tranza and lizzy have had their share on helping ppl out with whatever they needed, much respect...it's just that ppl have different personalities...i just think it'll be nice to go to a club and say wassup to someone from this board, instead of a staredown (if that ever happens)...peace!!!

------------------

i used to be conceited, but now i'm perfect...