Pollo Tropical offering new menu items

Guest JMT

Guest JMT

i would never eat there anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Miramar woman claims she found maggots in her fast food

News partner NBC6

Posted March 1 2005, 11:15 AM EST

MIAMI -- A Miramar woman claims she received food infested with maggots from a Pollo Tropical drive-thru, news partner NBC 6 reported Tuesday morning.

The woman -- who wanted to be identified only by her first name, Nicole -- said she received the tainted fish and rice from a restaurant at Miramar Parkway and Southwest 148th Avenue.

The woman told NBC 6 she did not notice the fly larvae until she had eaten most of the meal. Nicole said she was unable to keep the meal down.

"What should have been rice was moving ... I ate it all, completely eaten. And they were moving -- maggots -- moving all over," Nicole said.

Nicole said she called police and expects the health department to be notified as well.

"We showed them the maggots, and called the cops, and we asked them (Pollo Tropical) to please don't serve food anymore," Nicole told NBC6.

NBC 6 reported Pollo Tropical issued the following statement in response to the woman's accusations: "We just learned of this reported incident and are taking it very seriously. Food quality if of our utmost concern and we will investigate this incident thoroughly."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikepayne

I saw this story on the news last night, they showed a close-up video of maggots squirming around on a salad. I almost lost MY dinner, and I haven't eaten Bollo Tropical in a year or so at least...

The best part was the horribly grammatically incorrect statement that Pollo Tropical's headquarters released in response to the story. Apparently nobody in the entire corporation speaks English.

Guest Electric Eel

oh barf!!! :-X I just ate there last night :o

Didn't eat any rice though, this is why I like to eat in light where I can see my food

Guest Devilicious

ya'll should be ok as long as you aren't eating at the Miramar one. Notice she had fish? I stay away from seafood in fast food restaurants!

Guest Electric Eel

thankfully i dont live in miramar

and i'm the same way, i'll never eat seafood at a fast place joint, thats just asking for trouble

Guest Euphorikchik

SECURITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHH i feel safe now. LMAOOOOOOOO!!!! ;D

Anyone care to fill me in on what "SECURITY" is all about? ???

Guest DrFired

I saw that on the news.

I was wondering, how come she couldn't feel things moving in her mouth when she was eating it...yikes!!

Guest DrFired

you know, there are people in china that are starving right now

she shouldn't be complaining

nope you're wrong...I think you confused Asia with Africa.

China might be poor but there's less people there starving. :)

Guest klubveteran

i would never eat there anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------

[

NBC 6 reported Pollo Tropical issued the following statement in response to the woman's accusations: "We just learned of this reported incident and are taking it very seriously. Food quality if of our utmost concern and we will investigate this incident thoroughly."

That statement is so generic. ::) Its like page 1 in chapter 1 of any public relations book. every major company has that glued on the office wall and swear to employees to say that "if anything bad happens".

1) if its real they are done!

2) if its a ploy to sue (which in this day ill believe it) that sucks. for that owner and investors theyre investment is down the drain. im hoping its not a cheap way to cash in.

if its real. damn did they screw up.

ouch. :-\

no matter what. im sure nobody will eat there to be on the safe side thats for sure

Guest kcariaga

Wow!

Home cooking never sounded better.

for real-I like to cook at home. Tastes better and is cheaper!

Guest Clauds

Oh Jesus! This story makes me wanna barf :-X

I've had Pollo Tropical (the one in the Gables) before and now I'm def not interested in their food. Yuck!