Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pollo Tropical offering new menu items

Guest JMT

Guest DrFired

Wow!

Home cooking never sounded better.

for real-I like to cook at home. Tastes better and is cheaper!

what she said. :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maggots are use to close open cuts and injuries .... think of it as healthy walking beans...... ( discovery channel)

Guest DrFired

maggots are use to close open cuts and injuries .... think of it as healthy walking beans...... ( discovery channel)

It's true.

Stir Fried Maggots anyone? My treat ;D :P

Guest mp3some

That's gross....

But i wouldnt discard the possibility of this being somekind of scam or sue or something on the works...

Inspectors checked and found nothing... both official and private... I wouldn't stop going there just for this news story... if anything, they are all probably 'spotless' now...

I've seen dirtier subway rest's, and even some filthy burger kings :-X yuck!

Like they said, home cooked meals sound better by the minute! :P

.- 8)

Guest KellyKel

thankfully i dont live in miramar

and i'm the same way, i'll never eat seafood at a fast place joint, thats just asking for trouble

Shit I hear that! Unfortunately I work in Miramar and that particular restaurant is right across the street from my office!

I definitely won't be hitting that place up for lunch! I Usually bring my lunch from home anyways.... ;)

Guest lulamishka

:-X :-X :-X Why did I even bother to read this thread? Between maggots passing off as rice and baby roaches passing off as black beans, I'm about ready to throw up my dinner. :-X

Guest LdySphynx

Well you know what this does not surpirse me at all, when I was pregnant with my second son I ate a chicken that was not well cooked, and I acquired Semonella<<<I think thats how you spell it Poisoning. I was in the hospital for 5 hours I got a total of 4 IVs in me, cause I was so dehydrated from Vomiting that I started contractions and my son actually ended up losing weight in my stomach. Unfortunately I could not do anything cause I had eaten the chicken and there was no way of proving that it came from Pollo Tropical!!!!

Ask me if I have ever eaten there again.................HELL FUCK NO!!!!!

Guest lulamishka

I can't blame ya, girl. :-X

Guest LdySphynx

I can't blame ya, girl. :-X

Yeah I only get burned once girl.......i'd be a fool to eat there after that!!!

Guest xbbdc

ya'll should be ok as long as you aren't eating at the Miramar one. Notice she had fish? I stay away from seafood in fast food restaurants!

same here!

its funny how nbc6 is right next to that pollo tropical too...

i ate from that pollo tropical once and it tasted better than the normal one i goto.. haha. i wont eat at that one again thats for sure!

Guest mp3some

thankfully i dont live in miramar

and i'm the same way, i'll never eat seafood at a fast place joint, thats just asking for trouble

Shit I hear that! Unfortunately I work in Miramar and that particular restaurant is right across the street from my office!

I definitely won't be hitting that place up for lunch! I Usually bring my lunch from home anyways.... ;)

Hey I work in Miramar too! :D

Where do u work?? Carnival?

We should meet up for Lunch some day!! --but def not at Pollo! lol --

Guest JMT

you can take it for what its worth...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Inspection Finds No Maggots At Fast Food Restaurant

POSTED: 11:48 pm EST February 28, 2005

MIAMI -- A Miramar woman claims she received food infested with maggots from a Pollo Tropical drive-through.

4241383.jpg

Christine Michaels, a Pollo Tropical spokesperson, said the restaurant has an excellent record.

"Safety is always a top priority with Pollo Tropical and absolutely nothing was found to support the claim," Michaels said.

The company quickly launched an internal inspection of the restaurant, and company officials even invited state inspectors to the restaurant.

"Yesterday, we served over 40,000 customers and we didn't receive a single complaint of this type or any type," Michaels said.

Michaels added that "never in the history of the company" has something like this happened, and that the company has been around since 1988.

Health inspectors did not find maggots in the restaurant during an inspection Tuesday, but they did issue a warning after finding 18 non-critical violations.

The inspectors said they found clean utensils stored in dirty drawers and a build-up of slime on soda dispensing nozzles.

The inspectors said they also found two critical violations, including a stop-sale issue due to the adulteration of liquid margarine and an extension cord in use for a non-temporary period.

Restaurants are supposed to be inspected by the state at least three times per year. Pollo Tropical's previous inspections did not include any critical violations.

Restaurant inspections reports are available for public viewing at MyFloridaLicense.com, under "Search for inspections."

Guest lulamishka

:-X :-X :-X WHYYYYY OH WHYYYYY did I click on this thread again?!?!? I just put a piece of my food (my dinner, THANK YOU!!) in my mouth & clicked. :-X Gawwwd.... :'(

Guest r3nz0

:-X :-X :-X WHYYYYY OH WHYYYYY did I click on this thread again?!?!? I just put a piece of my food (my dinner, THANK YOU!!) in my mouth & clicked. :-X Gawwwd.... :'(

*shakes head*

Guest xbbdc

The inspectors said they also found two critical violations, including a stop-sale issue due to the adulteration of liquid margarine and an extension cord in use for a non-temporary period.

does that mean what i think it means?

Guest shannon_coolj.

Oh God, I used to be the public relations person for Pollo Tropical.

Damn. I'm glad I quit before this shit happened!

Guest lulamishka

*shakes head*

Stop shaking your head at me!

Guest r3nz0
does that mean what i think it means?

No, the margarine and the extension cord did not cheat on their spouses.

Adulteration, in that sense, means that it contained extra stuff which did not belong - inferring the food was contaminated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest beauty15princess

Ok all you guys are retards.... seriously..... don't you know that there are people out there that want to ruin the reputation of places and try to get away with it by getting money! I mean it's kind of obvious! If she "had maggots" in her rice then why in the world was she the ONLY lady who complained out of the many people that go to eat there. You have to think about crap like that. Maggots die in high temperature anyways and rice is steamed before it is put out for the public to eat.......... those maggots would have remained dead and they wouldn't have been actively squirming around the plate like they showed on the news. I mean let's not forget that the #1 leading fast food restaurant McDonald's has had problems with giving out rotting food. Just 2 weeks ago I was at a McDonalds and a guy bit into his hamburger and in his mouth he had half of a tiny mice's head. The other half was inside of burger. My friend took pictures of the incident but the manager threated to sue her if she sends the pictures out to anyone. It wasn't a big nationwide issue because McDonalds is a multi-billion dollar company in comparison to a smaller company like Pollo Tropical. So think before you speak, cuz your comments are making you guys look stupid. ::)