Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Report: Gas prices to jump 25 cents per gallon

dammit.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/04/news/economy/gas_prices/index.htm?cnn=yes

Big gas price surge soon?

Report says pump prices could shoot up by about 25 cents a gallon in coming days to new record.

March 4, 2005: 8:11 AM EST

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Gasoline prices could rise by about quarter a gallon in the coming days to new record levels, according to a published report Friday.

USA Today, quoting energy experts and analysts, reported that a gain of 24 to 28 cents a gallon is possible as stations scramble to keep up with recent increases in oil and wholesale gasoline prices.

An increase of 24 cents a gallon would put the average retail price of a gallon of regular gas at about $2.16 a gallon, according to the Energy Information Agency, the Department of Energy unit that tracks prices. The EIA's survey put the average price at $1.928 in Monday's survey, up 2.3 cents from a week earlier.

The EIA's earlier record of $2.02 a gallon for regular was hit in May of 2004.

Oil prices hit $55.20 a barrel in trading Thursday, which was within 47 cents of record intra-day levels for crude oil. But prices retreated about $2 a barrel since that high. Gasoline futures set a record at $1.5450 a gallon.

The paper reported that even higher prices could be ahead as increased warm weather driving pushes up demand.

Tom Kloza, senior analyst at the Oil Price Information Service, told the paper that retail gasoline prices lag increases in wholesale prices since Christmas by about 25 to 28 cents a gallon. He says he believes the record prices won't come until the latter half of March.

But Peter Beutel, president of energy tracking firm Cameron Hanover, said a spike of 24 cents a gallon could happen in the coming days.

"It's going to be brutal, horrendous," he told the paper.

Guest slamminshaun

Ok, I'll admit...I'm not an economist, but maybe there's a cool junkie that is. If critics of the war say we went to Iraq for oil, and now we occupy the country....why would the price jump up that much if we now have more supply (assuming we took the oil like they said we would)?

I thought increased supply lowered prices, while supply shortages increased them. Then maybe, perhaps, that wasn't the reason we went after all????

Guest JMT

Ok' date=' I'll admit...I'm not an economist, but maybe there's a cool junkie that is. If critics of the war say we went to Iraq for oil, and now we occupy the country....why would the price jump up that much if we now have more supply (assuming we took the oil like they said we would)?[/quote']

im guessing bc that wasnt the reason. but it was such a simple, convenient reason that sounded nice, yet required no brain power.

apparently, those people dont know what OPEC is, and that china is now the worlds largest consumer.

Guest LeVeL

and that china is now the worlds largest consumer.

For real...since when has this occurred...wow this is news to me.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Ok' date=' I'll admit...I'm not an economist, but maybe there's a cool junkie that is. If critics of the war say we went to Iraq for oil, and now we occupy the country....why would the price jump up that much if we now have more supply (assuming we took the oil like they said we would)?

I thought increased supply lowered prices, while supply shortages increased them. Then maybe, perhaps, that wasn't the reason we went after all????

[/quote']So S.S are the gas pumps breaking your bank yet?????? Especially since the average gas price in the US is expected to reach $3.00 a gallon by summer time during the heaviest travel time of the year.......Ouch....

They say that the days of cheap gas (ie $25-$30 a barrel) are numbered and that by summer time todays high of $55 a barrel will be the new average price of this mid decade...Ouch....

time to downgrade chap!!!!! lol

Guest slamminshaun

Ok, I'll admit...I'm not an economist, but maybe there's a cool junkie that is. If critics of the war say we went to Iraq for oil, and now we occupy the country....why would the price jump up that much if we now have more supply (assuming we took the oil like they said we would)?

So S.S are the gas pumps breaking your bank yet?????? Especially since the average gas price in the US is expected to reach $3.00 a gallon by summer time during the heaviest travel time of the year.......Ouch....

They say that the days of cheap gas (ie $25-$30 a barrel) are numbered and that by summer time todays high of $55 a barrel will be the new average price of this mid decade...Ouch....

time to downgrade chap!!!!! lol

Neverrrrrr!!!!

Guest slamminshaun

wtf this seriously will hamper my goin out as much no doubt.............. i saw gas go from 1.87 to 2.02 in one fuckin day......

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Cmon now. Will it really?

I own a gas-guzzling SUV that holds about 20 gallons of gas. 20 gallons x 0.25 per gallon = $5. 20 gallons lasts me about a week, sometimes more. Is my life over because I'm going to pay $5 more this week for gas then I did last week? Umm...no!! I suspect for people who don't own SUV's like I do, the cost is much, much less per week.

Don't lose your heads people. Life will go on, and you won't have to file bankruptcy because gas prices went up. If you seriously stop going out or living life because each trip to the store or club costs you an extra 50 cents (assuming you burn two gallons of gas on the trip to and from where you're going), then I'd say the price of gasoline is the least of your problems.

Guest swirlundergrounder

wtf this seriously will hamper my goin out as much no doubt.............. i saw gas go from 1.87 to 2.02 in one fuckin day......

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Cmon now. Will it really?

I own a gas-guzzling SUV that holds about 20 gallons of gas. 20 gallons x 0.25 per gallon = $5. 20 gallons lasts me about a week' date=' sometimes more. Is my life over because I'm going to pay $5 more this week for gas then I did last week? Umm...no!! I suspect for people who don't own SUV's like I do, the cost is much, much less per week.

Don't lose your heads people. Life will go on, and you won't have to file bankruptcy because gas prices went up. If you seriously stop going out or living life because each trip to the store or club costs you an extra 50 cents (assuming you burn two gallons of gas on the trip to and from where you're going), then I'd say the price of gasoline is the least of your problems.

[/quote']yeah but this rise in the price of gasoline is a sign of things to come. Think about how high the price of gas is going to be in 3 years time... Common I don't think that $20 of gas lasts you a whole week...I used to have a Ford Explorer and I was spending close to $35 a week and driving about 35 miles a day

Guest slamminshaun

I own a gas-guzzling SUV that holds about 20 gallons of gas. 20 gallons x 0.25 per gallon = $5. 20 gallons lasts me about a week, sometimes more.

Common I don't think that $20 of gas lasts you a whole week...I used to have a Ford Explorer and I was spending close to $35 a week and driving about 35 miles a day

Not $20 of gas, 20 gallons of gas. Big difference. $20 of gas lasts me about 4 days.

And what do you mean you used to own a Ford Explorer??? ;D Man, I'm startin' to like you more everyday!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

I own a gas-guzzling SUV that holds about 20 gallons of gas. 20 gallons x 0.25 per gallon = $5. 20 gallons lasts me about a week' date=' sometimes more.

Common I don't think that $20 of gas lasts you a whole week...I used to have a Ford Explorer and I was spending close to $35 a week and driving about 35 miles a day

[/quote']

Not $20 of gas, 20 gallons of gas. Big difference. $20 of gas lasts me about 4 days.

And what do you mean you used to own a Ford Explorer??? ;D Man, I'm startin' to like you more everyday!!

Don't you remember that I sold it about 8 months ago. I mentioned it about a month or 2 ago during one of our feuds we were having while discussing SUV vs cars etc... That might have been Guyman or someone else.. But yeah I used to own a Ford Explorer up until around last June...I don't get as much room but I get twice as much gas in my brand new VW Passat wagon...... ;D

Guest Lamont-O-Licious

I'm going to have to get me a scooter. ;D

Lamonts momma used to say

Pretty ladiz neva have to walk.

So unless you a beast you should do alright

Guest swirlundergrounder

Scooters blow. Get a real bike.

I have a scooter. It's almost 2 years old and it only has 300 miles on it. Practically brand new except that I never use it because people driving cars give you no respect and that makes it more dangerous to ride them. So mine is just sitting in my driveway collecting dust....Get a real bike...

Guest MELI2444

Scooters blow. Get a real bike.

Working on it. I will probably end up getting a Suzuki 600 but I need to find time to go and take the class. ;D

Guest MELI2444

I'm with you Meli.. I'm going to take a class and buy a bike as well..

i all ready drop $200+ a month in gas to commute to dade for work.. a bike could save me a few bucks a month.. and it'll be a fun hobby ;)

Nah......I'm getting it as a hobby. I cant ride a bike to work while I'm wearing a suit. lmao I just want it for the weekends. I have to call to sign up. It's a 3 day course.

i all ready drop $200+ a month in gas to commute to dade for work.. a bike could save me a few bucks a month.. and it'll be a fun hobby ;)

Nah......I'm getting it as a hobby. I cant ride a bike to work while I'm wearing a suit. lmao I just want it for the weekends. I have to call to sign up. It's a 3 day course.

yeah days I have to wear my suit, i'll bring the car... but most days, i wear dress pants and a dress shirt.. so i could ride.

Hey you wanna take the course together? They have one at Calder Race track... its closer than Homestead for me..

Let me know.. its $200 something. And we can get our licence and certification ;)

Guest swirlundergrounder

You and Slammin Shaun should carpool wasting all the gas you guys do driving SUV's (I assume you have an SUV)