Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Report: Gas prices to jump 25 cents per gallon

Guest MELI2444

I'm with you Meli.. I'm going to take a class and buy a bike as well..

i all ready drop $200+ a month in gas to commute to dade for work.. a bike could save me a few bucks a month.. and it'll be a fun hobby ;)

Nah......I'm getting it as a hobby. I cant ride a bike to work while I'm wearing a suit. lmao I just want it for the weekends. I have to call to sign up. It's a 3 day course.

yeah days I have to wear my suit, i'll bring the car... but most days, i wear dress pants and a dress shirt.. so i could ride.

Hey you wanna take the course together? They have one at Calder Race track... its closer than Homestead for me..

Let me know.. its $200 something. And we can get our licence and certification ;)

Sure.....Yea, it's about $225. That way I'll have someone I know laughing at me. lol I want to see if I can hold a bike. This should be interesting..... ;)

Guest MELI2444
Working on it. I will probably end up getting a Suzuki 600 but I need to find time to go and take the class.

:-X

:( Would you like to give me THE SPEECH again? ;D

not really...do what u want...i rather be on a harley than one of those death traps u guys seem to love... ::)

I'd rather have a cruiser than a crotch rocket.. but can't afford a harley right now.. and i'd rather learn on a smaller bike before diving into a cruiser anyway.......

Guest pod

I'm not a hog person. I wanna work up from a 600-class bike to one of the litre bikes like the R1. Maybe a 'Busa in a few years, but that bike scares me.

Guest MELI2444

I guess it's different depending on the school. The one in homestead is Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Yeah i printed the info for homestead.. gonna look up the one at calder race course later on....

I'll PM you my number.

Guest MELI2444

I'm not a hog person. I wanna work up from a 600-class bike to one of the litre bikes like the R1. Maybe a 'Busa in a few years, but that bike scares me.

That's the best thing you could do. The R1 is awesome and looks beautiful but it has too much power for someone that is just starting to ride.

Guest MELI2444

Motorbykes are Dangerous !!! >:(

And so is scuba diving and people do it all the time. You just have to be careful........

Guest pod

Motorbikes.

So is waking up in the morning. You could get hit by a meteor. You could spontaneously combust.

So is smoking cigarettes. Lung cancer and all that.

So is drinking, you could rot your liver.

So is driving a car. You could get decapitated by an out of control semi.

So is flying. A crazed Arabiac could shoot ya down.

So is fucking. You could have a coronary in the process.

What I'm getting at is just existing isn't exactly safe. Motorcycling has a bad rep due to a small group of hot shots seeking to live out the movie Biker Boyz on a daily basis. Taking a land torpedo like an R1 up to it's top speed is fun, but save it for the track. For daily use and getting around, a bike can't be beat. My friends with bikes put in maybe ten bucks of gas a week if that, even at today's prices.

Plus, girls dig bikes. ;D One of the Gervaittes said she'd be my best friend if I got an R1.

So is waking up in the morning. You could get hit by a meteor. You could spontaneously combust.

:-X

Motorbikes.

don't forget riding public transportation