Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DMB FLA tour dates...

V. Barbarino

come to a show and you'll understand... There is no band like them. They have a violin player in thier band!!! Who else has one of those?

boyd.GIF

Boyd Tinsley rocks. When he gets going up there it's a sight to see.

I have been to about 5 or 6 Dave shows, and they have all been well worth it. If you like good jam rock, you'll like DMB.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JMT

seen them at the Gorge, seen them in Central Park, caught at least one south florida show since 2000. ill be duurrrrrr!

8)

Dude how is the Gorge??? I pulled up some pics of it, it looks so cool... But i'd love to see them at Red Rocks first..

its spectacular. we rented an rv. the ampitheater is in the middle of nowhere, built into the side of a hill with a river and mini grand canyon and mountains in the background, and the sun sets midway through the show. and as expected, pigeons galore.

seen them at the Gorge, seen them in Central Park, caught at least one south florida show since 2000. ill be duurrrrrr!

8)

Dude how is the Gorge??? I pulled up some pics of it, it looks so cool... But i'd love to see them at Red Rocks first..

its spectacular. we rented an rv. the ampitheater is in the middle of nowhere, built into the side of a hill with a river and mini grand canyon and mountains in the background, and the sun sets midway through the show. and as expected, pigeons galore.

Yea, i'm putting it on my lists of things to do... I'd love to check it out.....

but... first DMB at red rocks... ;D

Guest Clauds

I don't understand what the big deal is either. I would not consider DMB rock n roll at all. Jane's Addiction, Tool, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Audioslave, Velvet Revolver, Pearl Jam, The Strokes, those are rock bands. But hey ambercrombie & fitch wearing fratboys need something to listen to.

::)

Guest web_norah

i dont care who's on my ship or not

DMB is borderline hippy meets a wanna be rocker. there are countless real rock bands out there and they just aint one.

peace and grease :)

Whateva and Whatevea - and for one I would care who's on my ship - escpecially if he were a crazy glue sniffing cheese sniffing bandit ; J/K - by the way where are you? I Haven't seen you down here in 6 months!?! :(

to quote Bob Dylan (a real rock and roll guy)

"I know there are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviours of rock'n'roll and all that, but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from," he wrote, adding, “I wouldn't even think about playing music if I was born in these times...

Lyrik dearest, i was down for Andy Caldwell but you were at that bbq thing....

Guest lyrik

i dont care who's on my ship or not

DMB is borderline hippy meets a wanna be rocker. there are countless real rock bands out there and they just aint one.

peace and grease :)

Whateva and Whatevea - and for one I would care who's on my ship - escpecially if he were a crazy glue sniffing cheese sniffing bandit ; J/K - by the way where are you? I Haven't seen you down here in 6 months!?! :(

to quote Bob Dylan (a real rock and roll guy)

"I know there are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviours of rock'n'roll and all that, but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from," he wrote, adding, “I wouldn't even think about playing music if I was born in these times...

Lyrik dearest, i was down for Andy Caldwell but you were at that bbq thing....

I wasn't at the BBQ - I was on a cruise - most likely in Mexico that day.

Guest The_Man

I wouldn't call DMB rock n' roll. When I think of that term, I think of roaring guitars. But DMB ain't amateurs either. They are solid musicians that can improvise...that's something a lot of these pussy bands can't do today.

Guest JMT

DMB isnt a pop band. they rarely get radio airplay and they arent on the top of any charts except the top grossing tour charts.

Guest tres-b

Saw DMB a few years back at Turner Field. Musically, I would say the show was ok at best and they didnt play Angel From Montgomery.

Regardless the avg age of the crowd was late teens. There were too many 15-17yr olds rollin and playin w/ glowsticks to count.

Having said that, Boyd Tinsley can be put on a show.

Guest The_Man

DMB isnt a pop band. they rarely get radio airplay and they arent on the top of any charts except the top grossing tour charts.

JMT, how would you categorize them?? They ain't rock, they ain't pop, they are just good. ;D

Guest JMT

JMT, how would you categorize them?? They ain't rock, they ain't pop, they are just good. ;D

well, i guess you would have to put them in the "rock" genre, but they have a sound thats all their own. they blend all kinds of styles into different songs; blues, rock, folk, a little jazz. they "jam" but they arent like the stereotypical jam bands like the Dead, Panic, or Phish, they are much more "rock" oriented then that. very unique.

I think it's funny that:

Along the Watch Tower was done by Dylan

then Jimmy Hendrix remade it, and by far made it better

then DMB remade it, and they made it better... (it's their show stopper)

But wait, Dylan and Jimmy Hendrix are rock, but not DMB....

lol....

when people who don't know rock put their 2 cents into a rock convo, they sure look like morons real quick...

PS is dylans most popular track (not rolling stone) hurricane considered rock????? If thats rock, then how can DMB not be rock???

Guest Davenavarro10

Saleen are you kidding? Dave Matthews and Jimi Hendrix shouldn't even be mentioned in the same post. Jimi was a musical genius, a rock god. And the title of the song is All along the Watchtower.

Guest Satz

DMB could be classified in the same relative genre as Dylan since their lyrics have alot of heart and soul. They definitely cannot be compared to Hendrix, who spoke much more deeply with his guitar than he could with any words... and unlike Dylan, they infuse so many different styles, they are able to cross a lot of barriers. I think that's why they could do a cover of a remake and make it sound unique, but not necessarily better. They deserve a lot of respect for what they have accomplished, especially dumping poop on the side of the road.

Guest dino

It is obvious that the people who don't like DMB on this board either just don't like their music or are picking them apart way too deep.

No one can argue that they are a GREAT live band and that you would have to try real hard at one of their shows not to have a good time. I have been to 9 or 10 shows (some with JMT) and every time is a blast. From the vibe tailgating to the show itself, everyone is having a great time.

Yes, there are young peoeple at the shows (sometimes too young and too messed up), but when you have an all ages event, that is a given....even in EDM.

The bottom line is that if you are a fan of good music and good times, you would have a great time at one of there shows.

By the ideals put forth on here, the following bands are NOT rock..

DMB

The Dead

Allman Brothers ( i saw at ECU and they rocked it!)

Elvis

The Beatles

Jancie Joplin

CCR

I can keep going..

Rock is not defined by an era or a sound... Their is certainly sub genres of rock, but rock is very broad..

ps i'd love to see dmb do a remake of trucking.

;D

Guest dino

Might as well throw Wide Spread Panic in there as not being rock too.

I am currious if anyone on this board has ever been to Bonnaro or is planning to go?? I guess that is pretty much an entire festival of bands that aren't rock.

Saleen are you kidding? Dave Matthews and Jimi Hendrix shouldn't even be mentioned in the same post. Jimi was a musical genius, a rock god. And the title of the song is All along the Watchtower.

Bro just kill yourself, its the only way u will be happy

Guest Davenavarro10

Mdamon do you have anything to add to the topic? I guess not, just continue the bashing, I bet it makes you feel great. You obviously don't know much about Jimi Hendrix or rock music.