show time

7:00 PM

tickets

on sale to public 4/2 @ 10:00:00 AM

prices

Reserved tickets are $57.50.

Lawn tickets are $40.

additional info

Parking is included in the ticket price.

Tampa

show Ford Amphitheatre

7/14/2005

Dave Matthews Band

address

4802 Highway 301 North

Tampa, FL 33610

venue website

www.fordamp.com

show time

7:00 PM

tickets

on sale to public 4/2 @ 10:00:00 AM

prices

Reserved tickets are $57.50.

Lawn tickets are $40.

Parking is included in the ticket price.

I'LL BE THERE!!!

Last year fucking rocked....

jimmy t, guyman, cracy c, you guys in or what?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Davenavarro10

I don't understand what the big deal is either. I would not consider DMB rock n roll at all. Jane's Addiction, Tool, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Audioslave, Velvet Revolver, Pearl Jam, The Strokes, those are rock bands. But hey ambercrombie & fitch wearing fratboys need something to listen to.

ive been saying for the past 3 years that i was gonna go to a DMB concert...maybe this year will be the year!!!!!!!!!

and the reason DMB has sych a following is cuz they r actually very good musicians!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats drummer is technically out of this world....but i come from a very jazz background so maybe its just me!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

I don't understand what the big deal is either. I would not consider DMB rock n roll at all. Jane's Addiction, Tool, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Audioslave, Velvet Revolver, Pearl Jam, The Strokes, those are rock bands. But hey ambercrombie & fitch wearing fratboys need something to listen to.

Bro, u r a clown, get a life

Guest pod

I don't get it. Whiny pseudo-hippie rock geared for the WASP set.

Craaaash or whatever. I'll show you a craaash. Ants Marching? More like my army of jack-booted thugs toting Pankor Jackhammers.

Yet the staunch conservatives on this board love him for some reason.

Dave Matthews smokes weed and does other drugs, which is contrary to the conservative way of thinking, yet the lot of them will turn out for a show by this hack.

To kind of paraphrase Bill Hicks...most of the musicians you love and adore...that music that has given you hours of enjoyment? Well, when they made it, they were real fucking high.

You know me, I despise 99 percent of the rock music laid out since 1993, but DMB takes the cake. Any twat who names their band after themselves needs to be shot anyway.

come to a show and you'll understand... There is no band like them. They have a violin player in thier band!!! Who else has one of those?

Technically they are some of the most talented musicians on the planet, and they are awsome live. In an era of lypic synching and no talent stuido magic, dmb are real...

The reason they are named DMB is when they first formed and played thier first gig in charotteville, they had no name, so they used dmb as a temp name to get by for the first gig, and the name stuck ever since.

pod, i have no idea what you are talking about with the drugs and booze, dmb has never been a "str8 edge" band, the whole crowd is stoned and drunk at thier concerts, they did start out as a college band ya know... ;)

ok pod , let me ask you dis:

Do you like the GF Dead?

how about Ulman brothers?

Skinner?

Phish? (i personaly hate phish)

your idea of rock is misguided... you are thinking about 80's rock, while the rest of the world uses a much broader view of rock, such as James Taylor, Elton John, DMB etc...

something zeta could not figure out either..

come to a show and you'll understand... There is no band like them. They have a violin player in thier band!!! Who else has one of those?

Technically they are some of the most talented musicians on the planet, and they are awsome live. In an era of lypic synching and no talent stuido magic, dmb are real...

The reason they are named DMB is when they first formed and played thier first gig in charotteville, they had no name, so they used dmb as a temp name to get by for the first gig, and the name stuck ever since.

pod, i have no idea what you are talking about with the drugs and booze, dmb has never been a "str8 edge" band, the whole crowd is stoned and drunk at thier concerts, they did start out as a college band ya know... ;)

Do you like the GF Dead?

Skinner?

your idea of rock is misguided... you are thinking about 80's rock, while the rest of the world uses a much broader view of rock, such as James Taylor, Elton John, DMB etc...

Nick these people have no clue what their talking about so why bother trying to explain it......lol

Guest Cosmigonon

So if there's a band that has a tuba player, then they must be really good, ha?

Guest SOBEGUY

Your way off base. When you think of a rock band you think singer, guitar and bass player, and drummer. DMB has all of these and some added instrumentalists. I admit I don't like them, but musically they are pretty talented.

Guest Davenavarro10

Pod we finally agree on something. Instead of calling themselves the Dave Mattthews Band, why not just Dave Matthews? And Saleen, who cares if they have a violin player in their band? If I'm not mistaken so do Yellowcard, and those guys suck.

Guest dirtyhouse777

I don't get it. Whiny pseudo-hippie rock geared for the WASP set.

Craaaash or whatever. I'll show you a craaash. Ants Marching? More like my army of jack-booted thugs toting Pankor Jackhammers.

You know me, I despise 99 percent of the rock music laid out since 1993, but DMB takes the cake. Any twat who names their band after themselves needs to be shot anyway.

pod hits the nail on the head......

Guest lyrik

Do you like the GF Dead?

Skinner?

Nick these people have no clue what their talking about so why bother trying to explain it......lol

For once I can honestly say I agree 110% with Nick - DMB is a JAM BAND - crowd pleasing - feel good music done on a level of perfection. DMB is what every other jam band coming up today emulates and very few come close to achieving. The concerts honestly have one of the best vibes I have seen and heard at any type of musical event. Its nothing over the top - it’s ALWAYS about the music and the fans and people just all getting together and having a great time. If you want to pick out a band to criticize about how rock or not they are - there are plenty other pretentious pseudo rock bands out there - DMB are understated if anything and never boast about how rock or not they are - they just play fuckin fun good time music and leave that up to the latest cookie cutter reverb rock band on the scene.

Guest pod

Shapeshifters live has a full-on orchestra. So does Faithless. Moby, BT, and so forth all use instrumenalists beyond a bass, guitar player, and drummer.

I lost track of how many rock acts have had the backing of a big orchestral section at one point. Orchestras include violins by the way.

Do I like the Dead? No. Phish? No. I grew up in an area where those two bands were elevated to godhood. You get sick of it after having it rammed down your throat for 18 years. DMB was just the icing on the cake.

My peers were at Dead shows, I was getting my ass kicked at Slayer concerts or marching with the freaks at a KMFDM show.

Guest web_norah

Phish is for people who eat granola and are borderline hippy, i never understood what was the big deal with that band anyway

and Dave Matthews is ok, he is also borderline Jimmy Carter meets granola Phish fans. his music is nothing to gush over.

Guest pod

It's jam band music for the FBLA set. Loan sharks by day, smoke weed by night, and keep it on the hush-hush lest they jeopardize their chance to make full partner.

Guest web_norah

It's jam band music for the FBLA set. Loan sharks by day, smoke weed by night, and keep it on the hush-hush lest they jeopardize their chance to make full partner.

aint that the truth.

Guest lyrik

Pod how do you do it? You've described them perfectly.

All I have to say to POD and Norah is look who is on your side of the arguement ::)

Better jump ship while you still can! :P

Guest web_norah

i dont care who's on my ship or not

DMB is borderline hippy meets a wanna be rocker. there are countless real rock bands out there and they just aint one.

peace and grease :)

Guest lyrik

i dont care who's on my ship or not

DMB is borderline hippy meets a wanna be rocker. there are countless real rock bands out there and they just aint one.

peace and grease :)

Whateva and Whatevea - and for one I would care who's on my ship - escpecially if he were a crazy glue sniffing cheese sniffing bandit ; J/K - by the way where are you? I Haven't seen you down here in 6 months!?! :(

Guest JMT

seen them at the Gorge, seen them in Central Park, caught at least one south florida show since 2000. ill be duurrrrrr!

8)