Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Things not to say to a DJ

Guest Satz

Guest kurtispm8

There's nothing worse than that!! amen...

Like the usual lush resident Dj wanting to jump in on your night/vibe on his night off when the crowd is jumping, truly pisses me off. Had it happen more than once. Not only wanting to play a few records once, but asking 3 or 4 times to play, fu#@$ing rediculous!

No the worst thing you can say to a Dj who's on the decks is.............."Can I mix your next record"?.......Arrrgggh I hate that when my friends come up to me when I've been building up the vibe.....

ooops :) I guess you don't like to tag then either?

No I don't mind tag teaming when it's arranged. And I sure didn't mind it that one time when I played a few weeks ago at Sunset Sessions and you wanted to play a record. When I do mind is when you have a club with several hundred people rockin' out to your set and someone comes up and asks if they could mix a few records ..... You know what I mean..? I've had it happen several times and I hate to say no. I'm sure any DJ who works hard to build up a vibe and is caught up in the moment doesn't want their set and the flow that they've worked on interupted.... ;D

Guest pod

SORRY BUT THE ALL TIME WORST IS : CAN YOU PLAY SOME BACHATA AND/ OR REGGETON?

You should respond by beating them over the head with your record case.

I'm on a rant here, but when will these clueless types get a clue? Yeah I know kind of a stupid question...

Guest kurtispm8

No shizzle Pizod!

heheh ;D

You should respond by beating them over the head with your record case.

I'm on a rant here, but when will these clueless types get a clue? Yeah I know kind of a stupid question...

Guest Satz

You know, I started this thread, but I have to agree...this should be #1 on the list...That is the all time WORST thing to say to a dj

Guest LdySphynx

What about, "What's your name"???

Ok so its actually a question, but still that has got to piss a DJ off!!!!!

Guest bingo

11. i cant fight it, i cant deny it, cause im addicted to drums and im a slave to the dark beat....followed by him/her stopping the current record

Guest coach

Or as I heard someone who was like 40 tell our own Sebastian C, "Do you have Lets get it started from the Black Eyed Peas"......LMFAO ;D

Thats what happens when you put an old fart in a club like Amika :P

Hey now!

Guest swirlundergrounder

No. It doesn't piss me off. It's actually one of the best complements a DJ can get IMO. If someone asks you for your name then more than likely they like what you are playing and want to look out for when you are out spinning again. When you hear a song you like you want to know the name of it right? Same go's for a DJ.......If you like a DJ more than likely you will want to know their name....Unless you want to know their name because you want to avoid when and where they are playing again...LOL...But chances are if you don't like a DJ then you won't bother finding out what their name is......

Guest LdySphynx

No. It doesn't piss me off. It's actually one of the best complements a DJ can get IMO. If someone asks you for your name then more than likely they like what you are playing and want to look out for when you are out spinning again. When you hear a song you like you want to know the name of it right? Same go's for a DJ.......If you like a DJ more than likely you will want to know their name....Unless you want to know their name because you want to avoid when and where they are playing again...LOL...But chances are if you don't like a DJ then you won't bother finding out what their name is......

Well no, i'm talking about a situation where the DJ has been more than promoted and this person has no clue as to who it is!!!!

No matter how many Flyers they have seen , even if your name is up in lights in front of the Club and before entering they saw it ::)!!!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

Well no, i'm talking about a situation where the DJ has been more than promoted and this person has no clue as to who it is!!!!

No matter how many Flyers they have seen , even if your name is up in lights in front of the Club and before entering they saw it ::)!!!!

Funny,,, I've had my name spelled out by a green laser beam on a silk sheet that streamed across a club that held about 1200 in the main room and some girl came up to me and asked me what my 'DJ Name' was...(my dj name is my real name)lol

Guest LdySphynx

Funny,,, I've had my name spelled out by a green laser beam on a silk sheet that streamed across a club that held about 1200 in the main room and some girl came up to me and asked me what my 'DJ Name' was...(my dj name is my real name)lol

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, thats what I mean.............Morons like that :P!!!!

Guest saintjohn

A couple of years ago, I had a couple come up to me after a set at Level (way, way upstairs), and they went on and on about how much they liked my CD. My promo mix CD? "No," they said, "the album you released last year." Huh?

I realized that they had confused me with someone else, and I gently explained that the person they were seeking was actually performing in the main room.

"Oh, well, uh, we really liked what you were spinning better anyway. What's your name?"

I guess it all depends on the context.

Guest swirlundergrounder

A couple of years ago, I had a couple come up to me after a set at Level (way, way upstairs), and they went on and on about how much they liked my CD. My promo mix CD? "No," they said, "the album you released last year." Huh?

I realized that they had confused me with someone else, and I gently explained that the person they were seeking was actually performing in the main room.

"Oh, well, uh, we really liked what you were spinning better anyway. What's your name?"

I guess it all depends on the context.

That''s funny..This one time me and a good buddy were DJing at a kiddy rave a long time ago and when we finshed we went into the other room to watch one of our other friends who was also Djing. We were all a little bit older than the general crowd there and we were messing with some of the kids who was watching my friend spin. we went up to this kid that was dancing with glow sticks and we said to him "Hey man, is that Sasha?" and the kid kid was like "Ummm I'm not sure"..Then we said to him "Is that Carl Cox"?..And the kid looked at our friend (who is small and white, Carl Cox is black) and the kid turned to us and enthusiasically said "Yeah man...That is Carl Cox"!!!! ..LOL..WTF????

Guest Satz

Thanks Parantula its an honor! #1 Worst phrase!

Tonight I'll be at UVA in Coral Gables...www.uvanights.com..

Hopefully I wont have to throw my record crate at anyone.

Aside from the previously posted (which is dead true)

The WORSE two things I repeately hear world wide.... but esp in the states.. is

Play Some Skinnard!

U got any 2-Pac?

::)

I had your back on the first one, but

c'mon

now you're takin' it a little too far...

Sweet Home Alabama??!!

California Love??!!!??

By the way, at the Warehouse opening party, did anyone else hear when Tenaglia played the sample from the end of