Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Star Wars movie trailer to air during....the O.C. WTF???

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

WTF??? On Thursday night during FOX's the 'O.C' the new Star Wars Episode III 'Revenge Ot The Sith' will air sometime during the show...

WTF..??Why during the O.C of all shows?? Why not during American Idol at least..I mean I watch the O.C but I think this is a weird spot to premier one of the most anticipated movie trailers in recent history....

Someone convince me otherwise,,,,

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF??? On Thursday night during FOX's the 'O.C' the new Star Wars Episode III 'Revenge Ot The Sith' will air sometime during the show...

WTF..??Why during the O.C of all shows?? Why not during American Idol at least..I mean I watch the O.C but I think this is a weird spot to premier one of the most anticipated movie trailers in recent history....

Someone convince me otherwise,,,,

First of all, it’s just the trailer…not like they are betting the movie on where they decide to air the trailer. Doesn’t really matter.

Second, I imagine the O.C. demographic is probably more in-line with the Star Wars target demographic.

Guest Slide On The Ice

Probably because the producers of OC are paying a bundle to have the trailer show during that show, instead of Lucasfilm paying them to air it. They know that viewer numbers are going to soar just because of the trailer, and that means they can jack up their revenue from the other advertisers. I've never seen the OC and I don't watch much TV anymore anyway. I'm debating whether I want to sit through that show, or wait until the 11th when the trailer begins showing in the theatres. I can't remember which movie it's attached to but I'll find out later. Anyway, regardless of anything, I'm in the theatre at midnight, May 19th. ;D

I'm debating whether I want to sit through that show, or wait until the 11th when the trailer begins showing in the theatres. I can't remember which movie it's attached to but I'll find out later. Anyway, regardless of anything, I'm in the theatre at midnight, May 19th. ;D

I'd rather poke my eye out with a fork than watch the OC.. so i guess i'm waiting for the trailer on the 11th. LOL

I'm debating whether I want to sit through that show, or wait until the 11th when the trailer begins showing in the theatres. I can't remember which movie it's attached to but I'll find out later. Anyway, regardless of anything, I'm in the theatre at midnight, May 19th. ;D

I'd rather poke my eye out with a fork than watch the OC.. so i guess i'm waiting for the trailer on the 11th. LOL

Ouch. That can't be true.

;D

(btw - I love the show...)

Guest swirlundergrounder

Probably because the producers of OC are paying a bundle to have the trailer show during that show, instead of Lucasfilm paying them to air it. They know that viewer numbers are going to soar just because of the trailer, and that means they can jack up their revenue from the other advertisers. I've never seen the OC and I don't watch much TV anymore anyway. I'm debating whether I want to sit through that show, or wait until the 11th when the trailer begins showing in the theatres. I can't remember which movie it's attached to but I'll find out later. Anyway, regardless of anything, I'm in the theatre at midnight, May 19th. ;D

I guess you can you just schooled me.......LOL

I'd rather poke my eye out with a fork than watch the OC

hahahaha i agree 100%

Guest Slide On The Ice

Probably because the producers of OC are paying a bundle to have the trailer show during that show, instead of Lucasfilm paying them to air it.

You are insane.

No chance.

I'm insane? Did my psychiatrist tell you that? Damn his loose lips.

Guest Slide On The Ice

Ahhhh, I was rubbing my eye when I read that and it gave me the whillies. Stay away from forks tomorrow night, please!

Guest Slide On The Ice

I guess you can you just schooled me.......LOL

When the trailer for The Phantom Menace hit theatres, SW fanatics of all ages cut school and ditched work to pay the 6 bucks for the movie that had the preview, and then walked out after seeing the 2 minute trailer. Those 2 movies gained a lot in ticket sales just due to that trailer being attached. That's what I'm saying. Fans are going to flock to wherever it is they can see that trailer for the first time.

Guest JMT

"Phantom Menace" had WAY more hype behind it bc it was the first one after 20+ years. this isnt as big a deal.

Guest Slide On The Ice

"Phantom Menace" had WAY more hype behind it bc it was the first one after 20+ years. this isnt as big a deal.

Agreed. But the die hard fans lined up nearly the same way for ATOC, and this one, more than the first one, is the one many have been dying to see since '83.

Agreed. But the die hard fans lined up nearly the same way for ATOC, and this one, more than the first one, is the one many have been dying to see since '83.

Don't get me wrong. I really want to see this movie too. Just the thought of giving away primetime advertising makes no sense...

Guest JMT

im not sure what this whole discussion is about since BOTH the show and the movie are produced by FOX. they dont pay themselves to air it.

the OC is very popular in the young demographic. right after it airs the first time on the OC you can bet you will see it regularly during all FOX shows.

Guest LeVeL

Yeah why the Fucking OC..I hate that show..I find it soo boring.

I cant wait to watch the new Star wars eventhought we all know what is expected.

Its some shit how people know the exact plot of the film yet its going to make Multi-Million and Miollion od Dollars in Sales and in DVD sales once its out.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Isn't a big deal? Are you joking? Finally after 25 or so years we get to see how Anakin Skywalker transforms into Darth Vader and why.....How much more hype do you need?

Guest JMT

Isn't a big deal? Are you joking? Finally after 25 or so years we get to see how Anakin Skywalker transforms into Darth Vader and why.....How much more hype do you need?

THIS ISNT AS BIG A DEAL AS PHANTOM WAS. many people were disappointed by 1 and 2. yes its huge to myself and other star wars fans, but Phantom had MUCH more hype bc it was the first in the new series. search your feelings, you know it to be true.

like was said earlier, for phantom people went to see a movie just so they could see the star wars trailer, i know bc i was one of them. that aint happening with this one.

Guest swirlundergrounder

THIS ISNT AS BIG A DEAL AS PHANTOM WAS. many people were disappointed by 1 and 2. yes its huge to myself and other star wars fans, but Phantom had MUCH more hype bc it was the first in the new series. search your feelings, you know it to be true.

like was said earlier, for phantom people went to see a movie just so they could see the star wars trailer, i know bc i was one of them. that aint happening with this one.

I have searched my feelings and thank god you're not my father....lol

Guest shannon_coolj.

1 & 2 sucked. I'm not looking forward to 3 either so I could care less about the trailer.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I have to admit I am a huge fan of series 4, 5 and 6... I can't wait to see 3 and tie them all together.

nothing, however will ever top 4-6 IMO.

Your opinion is correct!!!!