Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sin CIty

Just saw a trailer for it last night, seems interesting, but the director is that robert rodergiuz and most of his movies arent the best

Guest lulamishka

I like how the movie looks like its actually a comic book...with all the lighting & colors etc...(and yes, I know its originally a comic book)

:)

Guest siuol_leahcim

i read an article that talked about how robert rodriguez wanted to replicate the comic sometimes even to the exact frame

• 2 weeks later...
Guest coach

Saw it. It ruled.

One thing we noticed was that Frank Miller was one of the directors. He was listed with Rodriguez.

If you haven't read the graphic novels, I highly recommend those. The movie replicated the feel quite well, but there is something really very powerful about Miller's art. And if you like those, you should try his other stuff. He really is a genius.

Guest Electric Eel

Going to see it on Friday, have heard good things so far, cant wait to see it for myself

Guest Spankmeister

Saw it. It ruled.

One thing we noticed was that Frank Miller was one of the directors. He was listed with Rodriguez.

If you haven't read the graphic novels, I highly recommend those. The movie replicated the feel quite well, but there is something really very powerful about Miller's art. And if you like those, you should try his other stuff. He really is a genius.

Rodriguez actually had to relinquish his membership to the Director's Guild to put Frank Miller's name as a director as well....

I agree...stellar movie...the visuals, the storys...it completely looked like the graphic novels to a T...

Guest Lamont-O-Licious

Damn, I need to see this movie a.s.a.p.

This movie is also high on Lamonts list of things to do

Guest Devilicious

this movie was very good....i wasn't familiar with the directors (besides tarantino of course) or the graphic novels, but still enjoyed the flick.

I walked out of the theatre feeling confused though entertained. Once some light was shed on the questionable parts (thank you james and annette!) the whole thing was even cooler.

Visually amazing, truly like nothing I've seen before in a film.

Definitely one I could buy and watch many times.

gets an A in my book :)

Guest Devilicious

whos the first women killed, connected to the story? was she that prostitues mom?

i'd pm coach to be sure, but i don't believe she was connected to any of the other characters in any significant way

Guest barstar diana

whos the first women killed, connected to the story? was she that prostitues mom?

i'd pm coach to be sure, but i don't believe she was connected to any of the other characters in any significant way

i thought it might be the mom of the prostitue who was always on the cell phone...u know the one at the end in the elavator :x

Guest coach

No, the first woman is not connected to the others. That is just a mood-setting piece. Kind of to show how harsh Sin City is. Did everyone get that she had hired him to kill her, kind of a suicide assassination.

He was the same assassin that showed up in the elevator at the end, though.

Guest Devilicious

the one thing I still dont get is if the dark haired man in the piece with brittany murphy and benicio del torro (sorry don't know his name) is related to any other characters in the flick. They mention that he's been in prison for 8 years and that he's got a new face. Is he a character we've seen before? What's the connection there?

Guest Clauds

Going to see it on Friday, have heard good things so far, cant wait to see it for myself

So how was it? Do you recommend this?

Guest Electric Eel

So how was it? Do you recommend this?

Yes, very cool, go check it out

Guest Clauds

I saw this movie last night. It features one of the sexiest casts collected together. Converted to black and white with only a few splashes of color – red lipstick here, red satin sheets there, and of course Yellow Bastard is yellow. Then again, if you check out the trailer and aren’t impressed, then it’s likely the movie will leave you feeling like you’ve wasted your time ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest durrtylexx

Awesome flick! I saw it last night, it will definitely be in my dvd collection. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest web_norah

if you like cartoons and effects, it is definitely worth seeing

no real storyline and quite frankly i found no substance - i gave it a try but was pretty bored most of the time.