Clubplanet Nightlife Community

English-Only policy at Dunkin' Donuts in Yonkers draws fire...

Guest pod

Seems like a dumb thing to put up a sign about. That's just asking for attention...

I don't think it's discriminatory to ask your employees to speak english while they are on the job though. That said, anyone who complains about their coffee man speaking Spanish needs to lighten up.

Guest JMT

Yonkers....lol

thats where people that get married go live cos they cant afford Manhattan

huh? does your salary go down once you get married in nyc?

Guest web_norah

::) JMT the oracle.......here is a simple line of thinking for you:

salary doesnt go down when people get married..... people start saving money for having a family, daycare, larger space to live in.....and some choose not to live in the city because it costs $$$

duh. but how would you know anyway?

i think he did the right thing... i had a run in with the staff at a DD by my old job... I even called DD to complain, that they didn't speak english well enough... One day I will open a KC next store and crush them. I will put up signs that say "american owned, english speaking staff""

I'LL MAKE A FORTUNE...

people are sick of the two cultures.... One thing to come to America, another to come here and try and live like you did back in your other country... thus why dade is a mess..

Guest macboy

One day I will open a KC next store and crush them. I will put up signs that say "american owned, english speaking staff""

I'LL MAKE A FORTUNE...

Not if you did this in Dade County. :P

i think he did the right thing... i had a run in with the staff at a DD by my old job... I even called DD to complain, that they didn't speak english well enough... One day I will open a KC next store and crush them. I will put up signs that say "american owned, english speaking staff""

I'LL MAKE A FORTUNE...

people are sick of the two cultures.... One thing to come to America, another to come here and try and live like you did back in your other country... thus why dade is a mess..

Speak english well enough to serve you coffee and a donut?

Guest JMT

::) JMT the oracle.......here is a simple line of thinking for you:

salary doesnt go down when people get married..... people start saving money for having a family, daycare, larger space to live in.....and some choose not to live in the city because it costs $$$

duh. but how would you know anyway?

thanks for the scoop, greenspan.

Guest web_norah

i live in the West Village in a huge 2/2

the rest of Manhattan may live in a box but i dont

suck it up you dirty guido...i dont ride the shitty tunnel to come to the city, unlike your peeps coming to NYC and spending their dollars on a 800 tables (when the liquor and mixers combined cost 50).

Nickjunkie has seen my place and you can ask him.

I love how norah talks like she's living it up in mid town in some huge apt....

reality is, she's probably stuffed into a $1800 month one room apt with her bf Austin Powers.....

tea and crumpets while we watch the tele..????

I have to admit that i laughed at loud at the comments all though not in a negetive way toward norah. I'm sure she's doing just fine in nyc...

you're such a tool nick. lol

grow up Tim seriously

or insert [an actual FUNNY comment here]

::)

I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys R' Us kid. A million toys to choose from, that I can play with. From bikes to trikes and video games, its the biggest toy stor there is. GEE WIZ! I don't wanna grow up, cuz baby if I did....I wouldn't be a toys r' us kid!

Guest slamminshaun

i live in the West Village in a huge 2/2

I didn't know 2/2 and huge could go in the same sentence. Huge compared to what?

As far as this DD thing, I personally don't get riled up about employees speaking a foreign language with each other. Sometimes, it can speed things up if they speak in their native tongue, and since DD is based on speed, I see nothing wrong. However, if they make a half-ass effort to understand or speak English to their customers, then that's another story.

Guest web_norah

2/2 and huge in the West Village means you have space, in case you didnt know how apartment are around here Shaun

many people have limited space and apartment sizes. i am lucky i dont have that problem

Guest slamminshaun

2/2 and huge in the West Village means you have space, in case you didnt know how apartment are around here Shaun

many people have limited space and apartment sizes. i am lucky i dont have that problem

I knew NYC living was cramped, but have never lived there to understand what they really meant by it. You could probably get a 6/4 on the water for the same price you pay for that 2/2 where I live....haha.... ;)

Guest web_norah

job market and nothing to do really bothers me in FL

i am much better off here

and can still come on weekends :)

*next week am there for one week WMC WMC WMC