Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Biggest WMC disappointments

Bling

heard from a vareity of people that they were let down by parties and or dj's they thought were gonna kick ass

so on that note..... who were the djs u were most disapponted by

my top 3 disappointments

1) lil louie vega-didnt like his set much at all

2) mark farina at OM-mushroom jazz blah

3) lawler- though he played a 5 hr set not till his last 90 min was i feelin it

worst set of wmc week for me had to go to

dj sneak at OM- it went from some beautiful sexy house courtesy of kaskade to some quirky, tech house soulless music.... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :P

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeVeL

Biggest Disappointment has to be James Lavelle @ the AAA....this guy sucked ass.

He had me bored to his set that I had to start booing...and a bunch of people in the crowd were booing also..I guess I wasn't the only one not feeling his set. He was playing some of the weirdest shit ever and I hope to never see him again.

Guest slamminshaun

Biggest Disappointment has to be James Lavelle @ the AAA....this guy sucked ass.

He had me bored to his set that I had to start booing...and a bunch of people in the crowd were booing also..I guess I wasn't the only one not feeling his set. He was playing some of the weirdest shit ever and I hope to never see him again.

I heard the whole fuckin' place was booing him and he was pumpin' his fists thinking they were cheering. Another DJ told me he played prog. house, then a breaks track, then a rock-n-roll song, into a trance epic, then back to house again. WTF? Next time, call me....I checked with my agent (cough, cough) and I'm available for the after party next year. ;)

Guest LdySphynx

I heard the whole fuckin' place was booing him and he was pumpin' his fists thinking they were cheering. Another DJ told me he played prog. house' date=' then a breaks track, then a rock-n-roll song, into a trance epic, then back to house again. WTF? Next time, call me....I checked with my agent (cough, cough) and I'm available for the after party next year. ;)

[/quote']Dude, seriously............I was standing in the hallway when Renzo comes up to me and says WTF is this!?!

I'm like I have no fucking clue!!!

Guest mr.miyagi

clubs not opening / venue changes / cancellations

outdoor parties being snubbed for sound issues

overall, miami knows how to party and thanks for letting me enjoy those 5 days of sleep-deprivation

THANK YOU MIAMI!!

Guest Seb

heard from a vareity of people that they were let down by parties and or dj's they thought were gonna kick ass

so on that note..... who were the djs u were most disapponted by

my top 3 disappointments

1) lil louie vega-didnt like his set much at all

2) mark farina at OM-mushroom jazz blah

3) lawler- though he played a 5 hr set not till his last 90 min was i feelin it

worst set of wmc week for me had to go to

dj sneak at OM- it went from some beautiful sexy house courtesy of kaskade to some quirky, tech house soulless music.... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :P

Were we at the same party? I thought he rocked, not as great a set as Tuesday night but none the less a good set especially near the end. I think that sound suits a large room better than soulful house. Although I will say that Kaskade brought a good vibe ending off with "Everything" & "Steppin Out". Sneak came in right after with the Jason Hodges remix of Steppin which I thought was a nice touch making the transition from Kaskades more melodic house to the bumpin stuff that Sneak provides.

Guest Seb

I heard the whole fuckin' place was booing him and he was pumpin' his fists thinking they were cheering. Another DJ told me he played prog. house' date=' then a breaks track, then a rock-n-roll song, into a trance epic, then back to house again. WTF? Next time, call me....I checked with my agent (cough, cough) and I'm available for the after party next year. ;)

[/quote']

Sounds like Fat Boy Slims set @ Crobar. I'd have to say he would make my list for biggest dissapointments considering the hype that surrounded his performance. Set was all over the place not to mention all his technical difficulies at the beginning.

Guest DrFired

This guy was horrible!! there was a lot of people booing for sure.

Guest DrFired

>:( >:( >:(

Steve Gerraud @ Cafeteria

:( :( :( :(

He played a 9 minute prog...I could take it anymore i had to leave..several followed me too!!

Guest klit

All the bs with hotel parties being shut down, nocturnal unable to open, and forcing music to be low at nikki beach.

Guest eKiTeL

I heard the whole fuckin' place was booing him and he was pumpin' his fists thinking they were cheering. Another DJ told me he played prog. house, then a breaks track, then a rock-n-roll song, into a trance epic, then back to house again. WTF? Next time, call me....I checked with my agent (cough, cough) and I'm available for the after party next year. ;)

Sounds like Fat Boy Slims set @ Crobar. I'd have to say he would make my list for biggest dissapointments considering the hype that surrounded his performance. Set was all over the place not to mention all his technical difficulies at the beginning.

Sneak rocks!

Guest coach

The dates. Tuesday through Saturday sucked for me. Because I had to work, and was not going to miss Ultra, there was a lot of shit I couldn't get to. We did a lot more last year.

Guest soozin

I made it to a lot more parties last year tho I had a great time this year too.. I wish they wouldve planned it earlier in the month though, it was hot as hell outside this time around. and i dont know if it was spring break or what but it seemed like there were a LOT more people everywhere.. parking was a bitch, etc.. worse than i recall from last yr. on a better note.. i also thought dj sneak kicked ass thurs night. also finaly got to hear and meet jay tripwire! yay!

Guest Ar

He had me bored to his set that I had to start booing...

great respect you have..