Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MAD MAD MAD ANNOYING!!!!!!

CrzyC1414779017

Guest saintjohn

I sat in on a panel discussion at WMC where several industry types were hailing text message advertising as the next big thing in club promotions. Sigh . . .

Guest Diaga

Promoters and DJs that TEXT you their advertisements!!!!

Man, if you have my number then I KNOW you and have more than likely read about your party on a messageboard or MYSPACE!!!

PLEASE LEAVE MY PHONE ALONE!!!!!

Thanks! ;D

OK :-[

Guest avenue33

Man, if you have my number then I KNOW you and have more than likely read about your party on a messageboard or MYSPACE!!!

Thanks! ;D

It's the end of the month!!!! PMSing are we? LOL!! Little bitch! ;)

Thanks! ;D

221658copy.jpg

Guest Stogie

I sat in on a panel discussion at WMC where several industry types were hailing text message advertising as the next big thing in club promotions. Sigh . . .

This is not something new though, my promoter friends like three years ago were using companies like textgram.com to send out text messages of clubpromotions for free :) so i'm sure others are catching on now. ::)

Guest saintjohn

No, it's not new, but the number of club-goers with text-capable phones is reaching a critical mass in the minds of these business people. They've been collecting email addresses for years, but the effect of that medium is rapidly diminishing. Because of that, they're now turning their attention to collecting cell phone numbers. At least the nightclub industry folks on this particular panel also seemed to understand that in order to not be annoying, their text message advertising needs to offer something, like "show this message on your phone at the door before midnight and get in free" or whatever.

Guest barstar diana

Thanks! ;D

y a i hate that sooo much tooo! :/

Guest Devilicious

Thanks! ;D

y a i hate that sooo much tooo! :/

agreed...

i don't have unlimited texting, cingular counts every text incoming and outgoing.

Guest coach

Does this actually work? I mean, does anyone show up because they got a text message? Is anybody on a text list and not on the same email list? I cannot imagine the thinking that goes into this. Did anybody go to the panel on it? Did they present any actual research that showed that this was more motivational than an email or flyer? And isn't this illegal in the same way that advertising faxes or sales calls to cell phones are?

Guest saintjohn

No, they didn't support their claims with any research. It's the nightclub business, remember? Ego trumps logic every time.

As for the legality of such advertising, they were only contacting people who had previouly signed up for such a service. Maybe there was a time in my life when having a promoter text me with a party "invitation" would've seemed exciting, but I can't imagine willingly subjecting myself to such a scheme now.

Guest Justin Johnson

BUMP for the text I just received!!!

>:( >:( >:(

I just remembered to tell Mike to take you off the list when I got it too. Sorry about that!!!

Guest web_norah

call your phone company and place a block

i had to do that when i got party at XYZ after hrs.

that should take care of the problem.

Guest Justin Johnson

BUMP for the text I just received!!!

>:( >:( >:(

I just remembered to tell Mike to take you off the list when I got it too. Sorry about that!!!

LOL!

I tried to block his email address but it wouldnt let me.

LMAO! I'll make sure he takes you off the list. Some people like getting the messages because they forget, like myself...C.R.S!