Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Bitch writes a wonderful, glowing....

Guest sarahcj

Guest pod

Well, if someone was willing to shell out 200 for general admission, so be it. Again, no one is forcing anyone else to go to Space.

Guest sobe2004

Well, if someone was willing to shell out 200 for general admission, so be it. Again, no one is forcing anyone else to go to Space.

easy for you to say . . . you never pay

Guest pod

And neither do you...you're probably as "hooked up" as anyone else on this board.

Seriously though, if a club wants to raise it's general admission cover through the roof, that's their own damn perogative. If people are willing to pay said cover, well then bravo on the club for earning extra money. If people aren't, then oh well on that.

I find nothing morally offensive about it. Is it something I would do? Maybe, maybe not...depends on how well my nightclub is doing, reputation of said venue, and so on. A little hole in the wall on Washington Ave would be laughed out of town if they did it, Space manages to do it.

People have free will, they don't have the money or the connections, they'll go elsewhere to party or go home.

Again, nothing forces people to go to Space. LP isn't in their homes with a shotgun going "go to my club, pay $200 cover, or else!" (cha-chink!)

It's all business.

Guest Electric Eel

My friends got to Space too late to pick up their will call tickets and still happily waited in line and paid $80 to get in on sunday morning because they knew, once in they would have a great time and did. No one forced them to do it. I personally would have gone somewhere else. Its all economics, if you can charge that much and more then enough people are willing to pay then why not

Guest coach

Well, the column is called "The Bitch" so it's not like you weren't forewarned that she might have a negative attitude. In terms of what people support, I am more dismayed about the fact that this person has enough readers to keep her column going than that Space has enough supporters to charge $100-$200 for one of the biggest parties of the year. If people would not support her column, then it would just go away.

Guest pod

That applies to just about everything. Don't support it, and it will eventually go away. I don't see why the existence of a club troubles people though. I don't like certain clubs, and I don't go, but I could care less if they are open or not.

Guest web_norah

Hey, if people will pay it. No one is forcing them to go into the club.

Exactly. Louis is smart. After 8 or 9 in the morning, he can control the crowds by upping the entry in both GA and VIP. He can see what the market will bear, so to speak. In any event, he's making less at the bar at that time of the morning, so it's in his best interest to up the entry. Smart businessman. WMC 2003 I saw them asking for $1000 for VIP entry at 8:30am. I turned around and went home. ;)

i agree with both of you

but that doesnt make it right. that's all i was trying to say.

Guest davidorth

Hey, if people will pay it. No one is forcing them to go into the club.

Exactly. Louis is smart. After 8 or 9 in the morning, he can control the crowds by upping the entry in both GA and VIP. He can see what the market will bear, so to speak. In any event, he's making less at the bar at that time of the morning, so it's in his best interest to up the entry. Smart businessman. WMC 2003 I saw them asking for $1000 for VIP entry at 8:30am. I turned around and went home. ;)

i agree with both of you

but that doesnt make it right. that's all i was trying to say.

i agree as well... just because it can be done, that doesn't make it right...

remember when conference used to be fun and inspirational and all about the people and the music...

now it's about money.