Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How Do You Remove Cement From Car Paint?

Guest Slide On The Ice

Guest Slide On The Ice

My new car, less than a year owned, has it's original paint in prime condition. But I just found on my passenger side, unnoticed for God knows how long it's been there, dried cement splattered along the side panel below the front passenger side door, going back about a foot or more from the bottom of the wheel well. At first I thought it was dried mud and tried to spray it off but no such luck. I must have driven over wet cement one day. Does anyone have a good method for removing dried cement from car paint, without destroying the paint, if possible?

Guest JMT

you made me curious myself... i came accross this on google:

This happened on my wife's car at one point. Go to the grocery store and get yourself a bottle of white vinegar. Liberally pour the vinegar on a paper towel and hold against the spots of concrete. Within a minute, the concrete should begin to disolve. Do not rub, just blot. The vinegar acts like a mild acid on the cement, breaking down the lyme in the concrete.

Don't forget to immediately follow up with a good rinse of water. Then wash and wax the car when all is removed. The vinegar will strip most of your wax off.

Guest Slide On The Ice

i have no clue... try asking in the cars/bikes section of CP....

My dear Lola, you know I don't post there anymore. And if anybody asked for me, it would be too wierd. ;)

Guest Slide On The Ice

you made me curious myself... i came accross this on google:

This happened on my wife's car at one point. Go to the grocery store and get yourself a bottle of white vinegar. Liberally pour the vinegar on a paper towel and hold against the spots of concrete. Within a minute, the concrete should begin to disolve. Do not rub, just blot. The vinegar acts like a mild acid on the cement, breaking down the lyme in the concrete.

Don't forget to immediately follow up with a good rinse of water. Then wash and wax the car when all is removed. The vinegar will strip most of your wax off.

That's amazing, I had no idea vinegar would do that to cement. I'm going to look into that. Thanks. :)

Guest whipNtsher

Have you tried a sand blaster? Not sure how the pain would hold up but i'm pretty sure the cement would go away. lol

Guest Slide On The Ice

Have you tried a sand blaster? Not sure how the pain would hold up but i'm pretty sure the cement would go away. lol

Not sure about the pain? Yeah, it would hurt seeing my paint job stripped away. I'm not sure I'm ready to cut the arm off to remove the blister.