Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pioneer introduces ANOTHER mixer djm-700

Guest sanmartindj

Guest sanmartindj

djm700.jpg

PIONEER INTRODUCES PROFESSIONAL DJ MIXER

LONG BEACH (March 31st, 2005) – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. introduced today the DJM-700 professional DJ mixer, bringing together the top quality of an all-digital mixer and the performance of a battle mixer. The DJM-700 expands Pioneer's digital audio technology to create a high-end unit that is easily connected to other equipment like samplers, effectors and digital turntables, enabling professional DJs to put on the best show possible.

“Japan continues to stun and amaze,†said Karl Detken, director of product planning for professional audio products at Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Pioneer is leading the way in DJ technology by continously raising the bar..â€

Pioneer recently released the DJM-1000, the world's first all-digital DJ club mixer. The DJM-700 has 24-bit/96kHz digital sampling and a 32-bit/96kHz digital sound processor. Analog signals from LP turntables are digitized with the high quality audio-to-digital converter and mixed without deterioration of the sound quality. The unit has a rigid chassis to minimize unwanted vibrations and a strong power supply to create clear, powerful sound.

The DJM-700 has digital input-output terminals, making it compatible with Pioneer’s CDJ-1000Mk2 and DVJ series of digital turntables. It is also easily connected to a DJ effector or sampler to give greater variety to a DJ’s performance. It also can be used for studio recording where high quality sound is required.

Its three-band EQs allows the user to control the levels from +6dB to -26dB in each band. It also can be used to attenuate and accent partial bands. A fully visually adjustable fader curve allows the user to adjust not only the curves of the cross fader but also the curves of the channel fader.

The DJM-700 incorporates several industry firsts features found on the DJM-1000:

- A new Sound Link / EFX Link function is used to control other Pioneer equipment via a link cable.

- A BPM Synchronize Function, which synchronizes the BPMs of all attached equipment such as CDJs and EFX.

Other features of the DJM-700 include:

- MIDI In/Out for operation of external equipment

- Fader Start Play for CD player control on all six channels

- Three Band Equalizer with Hi, Mid and Low settings in each channel to obtain dynamics of instrumental sound

- Talk-Over Function, which will automatically turn down the volume level of the music when the microphone is in use

- Peak Level Meter for all four channels to check source input levels

The DJM-700 will be available in Summer for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price: $1,299

Pioneer offers a complete line of Pro DJ Equipment through its Pro Audio Group. Pioneer offers a limited one-year warranty for Pro Audio products purchased from authorized dealers. For more information: www.PioneerProDj.com.

Pioneer Corporation is a leader in optical disc technology and a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video, computer and cable equipment for the home, car and business markets. The company focuses on four core business domains including DVD, display technologies, Digital Network Entertainment and components. Founded in 1938 in Tokyo, Pioneer Corporation employs more than 36,000 people worldwide. Its shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:PIO). Pioneer's U.S. headquarters is located in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com.

###

Specifications:

Sampling Rate 96 kHz

A/D, D/A Convert 24 bits

Headroom 19dB

Cross Talk (Line) 88dB

Frequency Response 20Hz ~ 20kHz

Total Harmonic Distortion 0.005% or less

Signal-to-Noise Ratio 105dB(LINE) (at full scale)

88dB (PHONO) (at full scale)

84dB(MIC) (at full scale)

Power Source AC 100V (50/60Hz)

Electricity 34W

Dimensions 12-19/32(W) x 14-5/8 (D) x 4-7/32 (H)

Net Weight 12 lb 11 oz

Input Specs & Terminals

Digital 4 x (RCA) / Coaxial2 x Mini Digital Link Connectors (AUDIO)

CD / Line 4 x (RCA) and 4 x (Phone Jack 6.3 mm)12dBu / 22k

Phono 4 x (RCA)-52dBu / 47k

Mic 1 x(Combi Phone/XLR) -52dBu / 3k

Return 2 x (Phone Jack 6.3mm)-12dBu / 22k

Output Specs & Terminals

Master Out 1 1 x (XLR)+2 dBu / 600 Ohm

Master Out 2 1 x (RCA)+2 dBu / 10k

Booth 1 x (Phone Jack 6.3mm)+2dBu / 600 Ohm

Record 1 x (RCA) -8dBu / 10k

Midi In / Out 2 x (5 pin DIN )

Headphone Monitor Out 1 x (Phone Jack 6.3mm)+8.5 dBu / 32 Ohm

Damn I thought we would finally get a mix between the djm 600 and a 909 but instead we get this >:( I'm sure it's good but I really hate the design and colors. The problem for me is the price, I still prefer the 600 or 909.

It just hit me that this might be an Aprils fools joke, I mean it look real but I can't shake the feeling 8)