Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Car Rentals in Miami

I want to rent a car in South Beach and drive it to key west and drop it off in key west. Do I have to go to the airport in miami and pick up and then drop off in Key west airport, or can i rent somewhere in South Beach and drop off in key west? anyone know a good rental place? i want to rent a convertible.

Guest pod

Hertz at the airport. All their vehicles are GPS equipped too. My friend rented a Jaguar XJ8 last week, and when it got broken into, they swapped him out for a Lincoln Navigator no sweat. It would have been another Jag, but they were fresh out. Nonetheless their customer service is pretty good.

There's Enterprise on the beach, but their car selection kinda blows, and what they have is pretty standard stuff.

There's a Hertz in KW too, and like any rental company, you can rent in one place, and drop off in another, however there is a surcharge for doing so as you are changing the inventory count.

Guest trancepriest

Where do I go on vacations? What hotels shouid I stay at? Where should I rent a car? Dude sounds like you need a travel agent.

Where do I go on vacations? What hotels shouid I stay at? Where should I rent a car? Dude sounds like you need a travel agent.

y'all live down there so i figure it's worth asking. ;) i found a convertible with Thrifty, pick up on 13thh and collins, (or somewhere right there) drop off in key west for $52 total. perfect.

Guest pod

Let me guess, Chrysler Sebring. ;D

A friend of mine once came up with the theory that no one actually owns a Chrysler Sebring, that they all purely exist to be rented.

haha that's funny. yes it is a sebring, and i have never seen anyone actually own the car either.

I know sebrings are cheese, but whatever, im driving only 3-4 hours in it, and I look good as it is...I dont need a sportscar to compensate.

Guest pod

The theory holds.

I don't need no steenking sports car either, but there's something to be said for doing 140 across the causeway.

Guest LdySphynx

Let me guess, Chrysler Sebring. ;D

A friend of mine once came up with the theory that no one actually owns a Chrysler Sebring, that they all purely exist to be rented.

I owned one when they first came out in 97 BRAND NEW out of the SHOWROOM!!!!!

I LOVED IT unfortunately it got stolen ::), and I decided to stick with a 94 BMW 325 Cabrio!!!!

But, Chrysler has actually come out with the sweet models in the past few years too bad that is has gone to their heads cause the prices are no where near reasonable!!!

Guest whipNtsher

Nice car. Rented one to get home from Key West one time.

By the way, im new to the forum, so hello to everyone

Guest LdySphynx

Hmmm i wonder why my picture is not showing up?

You probably did'nt host it right.................go to photobucket.com it should solve your problem!!!

Oh, and Welcome to the Boards ;D!!!!!