Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does anything matter...?

Guest pod

I responded because he's got issues since "his DJs" aren't getting booked there. You'd think he'd be resting up for his buddy's return to downtown, but he's still got to harp on something that doesn't affect his life one way or the other considering he never shows up to the events or the club.

He could be slagging on Amika or crobar and I'd say roughly the same thing.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why I bother responding. I try to rationalize, and all that I get is a GIS'd image in response.

pod alot of people ask me why i dont take this message board seriously.. you wanna know why ?? cause this board is catered more to the likes of certain people on here .. everyone else "doesnt know what they are talking about" or their music is dead ::) i found this out when you guys had that CJ spin off thing..when the winner was a dj that when playing live couldnt even mix 2 tracks together while he played live ::) yeah thats right if its not house , you arent gonna make it on this board or in this town ::) so thats why .. you know that is true.. so all i do is come here and use this board just like i use cp.. to have fun ;D i post about our nights at blue on here just to upset a few people .. i really have no need to post about our night at blue on here cause i believe there are only 2 or 3 people on here that do go on a regular basis . everyone else is from TA, CP and alot of walk ins askin why this music isnt played anywhere else in miami . basically i post it cause maybe there are a few people that just browse these boards that do like trance and this will give them an option. soooooo how can i take seriously a board thats just basically catered to a house audience ??? anyone else that posts about something else gets bashed by(insert assholes name here) saying it will never work and so and so ::)

I responded because he's got issues since "his DJs" aren't getting booked there. You'd think he'd be resting up for his buddy's return to downtown, but he's still got to harp on something that doesn't affect his life one way or the other considering he never shows up to the events or the club.

He could be slagging on Amika or crobar and I'd say roughly the same thing.

and wtf are you talkin about here ?? lol .. u are completely lost my friend with no clue what the fuck you are even saying ::) my buddies return ?? lol .. if you are talking about edgar yes im very happy edgar is coming to downtown.. but wtf does that have to do with anything ?? and "my dj's getting booked" ?? LMAOOOOOO !! i hear "MY" dj's on a very regular basis.. just cause its not at a huge club doesnt mean a damn thing ..lol .. i chose not to go to the big clubs cause i go where the music i wanna hear is played .. im not gonna go anywhere just cause people i know are gonna be there .. lol ill leave that for the rest of the the people on here except for a select few 8)

oh and believe me .. i do like space and im dying for nocturnal to open .. and ill def be there if the music "I LIKE" will be played there 8) if not , you wont see me there.. 8)

Also, is this a good time to bitch about the injustice associated with having a CJ mod who is directly affiliated with (and an employee of) Club Space? ::)

Guest pod

I'm glad you promote your night here. More the merrier I say. Eric deserves the exposure, and if the 1 or 2 people from CJ that you say show up check him out and enjoy themselves, I'm happy for that. I'd show up more often, but I've got a big workload during the week and usually can't. I do more with my life than sit and babysit this board. You did something that wasn't easy, and that is to convince a largely house-oriented venue to do a regular trance night. Congrats on that, really. But my previous posts had in now way to do with Eric or your night. What I was referring to was why you had to bother posting in this thread to begin with?

You say to be open-minded, but if we're not toeing the line you've drawn in the sand, we're apparently not. Two-way street here. I'll recognize your love of one form of music, but you gotta recognize back in return, even if it so happens the music I tend to gravitate to happens to be the dominant form in this town.

Hell, four years ago, Miami was trance central. Guess what, I was there for Edgar, PvD, Tijs, and the whole host of trance DJs. I went mainly because I do like dance music as a whole, and Space was and still is where my friends hang out. Did it bug me when Miami went house? Not really. I was sad to see a lack of trance nights, but I moved forward and heard new DJs and what was to me new music.

I don't expect you to take this board seriously. Hell I don't half the time. I enforce the policies, sure, but look at the rest of my postings. I have fun with it too, but at the same time when people go out of line and trash the events friends of mine worked hard to put together, I feel I need to step up and say something, just as you would if someone trashed your night or the night that a friend of yours worked hard to put together.

I'm glad you promote your night here. More the merrier I say. Eric deserves the exposure, and if the 1 or 2 people from CJ that you say show up check him out and enjoy themselves, I'm happy for that. I'd show up more often, but I've got a big workload during the week and usually can't. I do more with my life than sit and babysit this board. You did something that wasn't easy, and that is to convince a largely house-oriented venue to do a regular trance night. Congrats on that, really. But my previous posts had in now way to do with Eric or your night. What I was referring to was why you had to bother posting in this thread to begin with?

You say to be open-minded, but if we're not toeing the line you've drawn in the sand, we're apparently not. Two-way street here. I'll recognize your love of one form of music, but you gotta recognize back in return, even if it so happens the music I tend to gravitate to happens to be the dominant form in this town.

Hell, four years ago, Miami was trance central. Guess what, I was there for Edgar, PvD, Tijs, and the whole host of trance DJs. I went mainly because I do like dance music as a whole, and Space was and still is where my friends hang out. Did it bug me when Miami went house? Not really. I was sad to see a lack of trance nights, but I moved forward and heard new DJs and what was to me new music.

I don't expect you to take this board seriously. Hell I don't half the time. I enforce the policies, sure, but look at the rest of my postings. I have fun with it too, but at the same time when people go out of line and trash the events friends of mine worked hard to put together, I feel I need to step up and say something, just as you would if someone trashed your night or the night that a friend of yours worked hard to put together.

i am open minded ;) "VERY" !! yes i favor trance . but lets not forget the 2 to2 1/2 years i was religeously at space every damn saturday for oscar g..

but damn i got sick of the same dj's this town kept bringin in .. same names for the past 4 years.. LIKE IF THEY WERE SCARED TO TRY NEW SHIT .. "NOW" is when people are trying to try new shit .. this year imo will be the start of alot of new things.. " I HOPE"

Guest pod

And that I know.

But you have to keep in mind that not all clubs can be diverse in their lineups and talent bookings. A big club like Space has a huge overhead, and at the end of the day, the books need to be squarely in the black. If doing a weekly trance night would help with that, believe me, Space or any of the other megaclubs would have a solid trance night. Edgar would be among the first to be booked, and Nocturnal would have to probably dish out a lot for him to move.

But the way things stand at the moment, having a weekly trance night in a big venue in town isn't gonna fly. Sad? Well yeah. It'd be nice to have a big venue with a big sound like trance. I'm a house guy, but there's something to be said for watching 5,000+ people cheer Tiësto or PvD on. Doing what I do, I tend to gravitate towards that. Do I know why it happened? Yeah pretty much. Any place with a power source and a bar had trance DJs playing. Oversaturation if you ask me. Is it happening with house? I can see it for sure. Will trance make a comeback? Maybe. It could be techno, it could be a return to freestyle for all I know.

On the same token, you've got the 5,000+ people cheering a big DJ on, it just so happens that this year in that list of big DJs is Erick Morillo.

And that I know.

But you have to keep in mind that not all clubs can be diverse in their lineups and talent bookings. A big club like Space has a huge overhead, and at the end of the day, the books need to be squarely in the black. If doing a weekly trance night would help with that, believe me, Space or any of the other megaclubs would have a solid trance night. Edgar would be among the first to be booked, and Nocturnal would have to probably dish out a lot for him to move.

But the way things stand at the moment, having a weekly trance night in a big venue in town isn't gonna fly. Sad? Well yeah. It'd be nice to have a big venue with a big sound like trance. I'm a house guy, but there's something to be said for watching 5,000+ people cheer Tiësto or PvD on. Doing what I do, I tend to gravitate towards that. Do I know why it happened? Yeah pretty much. Any place with a power source and a bar had trance DJs playing. Oversaturation if you ask me. Is it happening with house? I can see it for sure. Will trance make a comeback? Maybe. It could be techno, it could be a return to freestyle for all I know.

On the same token, you've got the 5,000+ people cheering a big DJ on, it just so happens that this year in that list of big DJs is Erick Morillo.

unfortunately 80% of the people that go to space have no clue what house music or trance is . sad but true.. they just hear a name that everyone else is talking about and they follow it .. i remember at eric morillo one time and for danny howells also for that matter some guy was fucked up and goes up to high 5 me and screams " THIS FUCKIN GUY PLAYS SOME SICK ASS TRANCE BRO" !! lol dude i was like WTF ?? so yeah .. i bet if noone said shit and gave any trance dj a night at space on a saturday i bet you it would stay packed .. lol .. the only people that would probably leave are the old school ignorant house heads that will just leave to say they left from a trance event .. lol ... but how the fuck is a genre suppose to attract new fans if noone gives it a chance to be heard ? for example .. i know for a fact alot of new people that are new to clubbing.. and when i told em about trance the 1st reaction is .. no i dont wanna hear trance .. that shits too fast and too crazy ::) all this without never ever even having heard the damn music.. lol .. then ill bribe em to go either to blue or wherever trance is being played or listen to groove eric either at fliptoniaa or whatever and they gey hooked .. im guilty of changing alot of peoples mind of this ;) ;D point is .. IMO the big clubs are just scared to give new shit a chance . and thats whats sad >:(

Guest web_norah

that's what i was saying earlier....2005 is Space and Morillo affair du jour....but hey that's the $$ and the sound they're feeling.

and i was feeling it back in 2002 - - when EM used to come to crobar ...remember Pod?

Guest pod

With the dance music audience shrinking and the state of affairs nowadays, clubs have to be careful. Sad? Yeah, because the diversity suffers. A big club could afford to take a potential hit back in the day. Today? Nope. You're only as good as your last night.

Guest web_norah

Morillo was way hot back in 2002

And he still is to us Country FOLK..................but I guess a Big City Gal like yourself would'nt know about that now would you, being that you've lived all your life in NY ::)!!!!!

Oh and I guess DT isn't so 4 years ago ::), PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

honey 4/5 yrs ago i was living in Miami wayyyyyy back when crobar used to book EM quite a bit along with a herd of other well-know DJs....and DT was resident at Space.

noone is talking about country folk. you are.

move on beyond that horseshit please.

Guest LdySphynx

And that I know.

unfortunately 80% of the people that go to space have no clue what house music or trance is . sad but true.. they just hear a name that everyone else is talking about and they follow it .. i remember at eric morillo one time and for danny howells also for that matter some guy was fucked up and goes up to high 5 me and screams " THIS FUCKIN GUY PLAYS SOME SICK ASS TRANCE BRO" !! lol dude i was like WTF ?? so yeah .. i bet if noone said shit and gave any trance dj a night at space on a saturday i bet you it would stay packed .. lol .. the only people that would probably leave are the old school ignorant house heads that will just leave to say they left from a trance event .. lol ... but how the fuck is a genre suppose to attract new fans if noone gives it a chance to be heard ? for example .. i know for a fact alot of new people that are new to clubbing.. and when i told em about trance the 1st reaction is .. no i dont wanna hear trance .. that shits too fast and too crazy ::) all this without never ever even having heard the damn music.. lol .. then ill bribe em to go either to blue or wherever trance is being played or listen to groove eric either at fliptoniaa or whatever and they gey hooked .. im guilty of changing alot of peoples mind of this ;) ;D point is .. IMO the big clubs are just scared to give new shit a chance . and thats whats sad >:(

I am GUILTY of being one of those people, but only because when I got inot this scene TRANCE BLEW MAJOR BALLS!!!!!

And like I have said before it's nice knowing I now have an alternative when it comes to music, keeps it interesting!!!!

And that I know.

I am GUILTY of being one of those people, but only because when I got inot this scene TRANCE BLEW MAJOR BALLS!!!!!

And like I have said before it's nice knowing I now have an alternative when it comes to music, keeps it interesting!!!!

i like to keep everything im involved in intresting 8)

Guest LdySphynx

Morillo was way hot back in 2002

And he still is to us Country FOLK..................but I guess a Big City Gal like yourself would'nt know about that now would you, being that you've lived all your life in NY ::)!!!!!

Oh and I guess DT isn't so 4 years ago ::), PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

honey 4/5 yrs ago i was living in Miami wayyyyyy back when crobar used to book EM quite a bit along with a herd of other well-know DJs....and DT was resident at Space.

noone is talking about country folk. you are.

move on beyond that horseshit please.

Oh honey I know you were living in Miami, oh im sorry do you not know what sarcasm is????

Oh thats right, how could you know what it is when you lack a sense of humor!!!!

Oh and just so you know HORSESHIT is awesome for your hair you should really try it sometime!!!!

Guest LdySphynx

And that I know.

i like to keep everything im involved in intresting 8)

8)

Guest LdySphynx

uh-huh

you proved my point

thanks for playing.

Oooh oooh oooooh, I love games..................can we keep playing ;D??

uh-huh

you proved my point

thanks for playing.

catfightcopy.jpg

Guest web_norah

...on this board if it's not about Morillo? ???

Just wondering. :-\

Orlando calls for you...i can hear the voices :o

lol

nah i see Phil more like a Tampa/ St Pete type of vibe....

Guest LdySphynx

uh-huh

you proved my point

thanks for playing.

catfightcopy.jpg

Nooooooooooo Koky, it's more like this cat.gif 8)