Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does anything matter...?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn this thread is pretty interseting i actually read every post.... ok here is my two cents..

my entrance into the edm music scene came actually by way of video game.... when i first played wipeout on ps1 and learned about a group called THE PRODIGY... their slick futuristic sounds instantly got me hooked. then my friend got me into edm he took me to the old club space to see some guys called Edgar V and Paul Van Dyk. I was blown away. the music took me to just a state i had never been to before.

after that i went to my first ultra (4 yrs ago). trance was my passion ... from Oakenfold and Edgar V (the djs that got me into trance) to later on the more progressive sounds of armin and markus schulz i enjoyed and still enjoy all the variants of trance.

lately thanks in large part to phil i have learned about what he calls "west coast house" (lets not get into it we have another thread on that topic). I have always been a fan of jazz even before edm. the jazzy riffs and vocals (im a vocals whore) instantly attracted me.

albeit i did start off into house with the tribal stylings of steve lawler and the like. but that didnt last long. now i enjoy the soulful sounds of "deep house" (its anytying but) as well as my passion for trance which still continues.

to me "variety is always the spice of life" it keeps life interesting. it keeps things fresh. after a long spell of hearing house hearing a great trance set always gets me energized.

either it be edgar, grooveeric or most recently PVD at ULTRA they all fuckin rock.... and ill never stop liking my trance.

the dance music scene in its entirety is clearly not the mainstream nor perhaps ever will be but in a way thats what makes it so alluring, so mysterious...

its a sound that we in miami are privileged to enjoy thanks to the fantastic locals from MURK, Roland to Edgar V (which we need to hear a lot more of) to Aquaboooty and LUst4house, they all bring to the table their own brand of music and they all do it remarkably well.

I for one am glad i can sit down and enjoy house and trance equally.

ok enuff with the serious chit chat............

PS danny howells still sucks ;)

damn this thread is pretty interseting i actually read every post.... ok here is my two cents..

my entrance into the edm music scene came actually by way of video game.... when i first played wipeout on ps1 and learned about a group called THE PRODIGY... their slick futuristic sounds instantly got me hooked. then my friend got me into edm he took me to the old club space to see some guys called Edgar V and Paul Van Dyk. I was blown away. the music took me to just a state i had never been to before.

after that i went to my first ultra (4 yrs ago). trance was my passion ... from Oakenfold and Edgar V (the djs that got me into trance) to later on the more progressive sounds of armin and markus schulz i enjoyed and still enjoy all the variants of trance.

lately thanks in large part to phil i have learned about what he calls "west coast house" (lets not get into it we have another thread on that topic). I have always been a fan of jazz even before edm. the jazzy riffs and vocals (im a vocals whore) instantly attracted me.

albeit i did start off into house with the tribal stylings of steve lawler and the like. but that didnt last long. now i enjoy the soulful sounds of "deep house" (its anytying but) as well as my passion for trance which still continues.

to me "variety is always the spice of life" it keeps life interesting. it keeps things fresh. after a long spell of hearing house hearing a great trance set always gets me energized.

either it be edgar, grooveeric or most recently PVD at ULTRA they all fuckin rock.... and ill never stop liking my trance.

the dance music scene in its entirety is clearly not the mainstream nor perhaps ever will be but in a way thats what makes it so alluring, so mysterious...

its a sound that we in miami are privileged to enjoy thanks to the fantastic locals from MURK, to Edgar V (which we need to hear a lot more of) to Aquaboooty and LUst4house, they all bring to the table their own brand of music and they all do it remarkably well.

I for one am glad i can sit down and enjoy house and trance equally.

ok enuff with the serious chit chat............

PS danny howells still sucks ;)

Ok bro, here is the tru story of bling, massive crowds going to see Trance DJ's, ok im gonna tag along and play stupid and make pretend I know whats going on, afterwards, they found out u are a fake, later on u go house, soulful crap, whatever that means, now u belong where u think u are, within a year, u will be in country or opera, just like the way of Vanilla Ice, reality check there buddy

Guest LdySphynx

...on this board if it's not about Morillo? ???

Just wondering. :-\

Orlando calls for you...i can hear the voices :o

"Voices inside my head, echo the things that you say"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the memories ;D!!!!!

Guest Cosmigonon

La policia... ;D

Guest LdySphynx

La policia... ;D

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, NO Tracy Young ::)!!!!

Guest Cosmigonon

La policia... ;D

"Voices", that's a song by The Police from the 1980 album ZENYATTA MONDATTA... :P

Guest LdySphynx

La policia... ;D

"Voices", that's a song by The Police from the 1980 album ZENYATTA MONDATTA... :P

YES I KNOW THIS, but this track is from Tracy Young's (Inside my Head Album 2000)

Guest LdySphynx

And on god knows how many other bog-standard tribal pots n pans mix CDs since then.

OH HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Them is fighten words there Mr. "Moderator"!!!!

Don't tell me you think Tracy Young is not a good DJ??

Guest JMT

I don't know why I bother responding. I try to rationalize, and all that I get is a GIS'd image in response.

pod alot of people ask me why i dont take this message board seriously.. you wanna know why ?? cause this board is catered more to the likes of certain people on here .. everyone else "doesnt know what they are talking about" or their music is dead ::) i found this out when you guys had that CJ spin off thing..when the winner was a dj that when playing live couldnt even mix 2 tracks together while he played live ::) yeah thats right if its not house , you arent gonna make it on this board or in this town ::) so thats why .. you know that is true.. so all i do is come here and use this board just like i use cp.. to have fun ;D i post about our nights at blue on here just to upset a few people .. i really have no need to post about our night at blue on here cause i believe there are only 2 or 3 people on here that do go on a regular basis . everyone else is from TA, CP and alot of walk ins askin why this music isnt played anywhere else in miami . basically i post it cause maybe there are a few people that just browse these boards that do like trance and this will give them an option. soooooo how can i take seriously a board thats just basically catered to a house audience ??? anyone else that posts about something else gets bashed by(insert assholes name here) saying it will never work and so and so ::)

great post

lol

nah i see Phil more like a Tampa/ St Pete type of vibe....

Funny you should mention Tampa cause a bunch of us (myself included) are heading up next weekend for Mr. Wilkins' dj Heather's b-days...

Diogo, you should meet us out there! ;D

Guest Diabolique

Funny you should mention Tampa cause a bunch of us (myself included) are heading up next weekend for Mr. Wilkins' dj Heather's b-days...

Diogo, you should meet us out there! ;D

Tampa is where it's at IMO.

What amazes me is that in four entire pages, only TWO genres of electronic music are named. The possiblities are limitless, please don't shortchange your audio soul...

There is just so much more out there to enjoy. Hallucination Limited for one, the brainchild of DJ Three (tech house, occasional electro). Not a bad rekkerd in the bunch. ;)

House and trance heads are lucky, I have to travel to the electronic motherland to enjoy sets from my favorite DJs.

I stay home a lot bcuz of it... :-\