Clubplanet Nightlife Community

click beep boom is no more

Guest ramon

Guest ramon

hello everyone , before anyone heads down to the drink tonight and is disappointed, i thought i would post this before hand. unfortunately like all things in life everything must come to an end sometimes more abruptly then others. i'll be honest with you we probably picked the worst week of the year to try to start this thing and we didn't meet the expectations because of it, but we did give it a shot and we'll give it another shot in the future. i can still be reached at ramon at clickbeepboom dot com if you need to get a hold of me. i wish nothing but the best to the drink as its a great venue and the people were nice enough to give us a chance.

thank you,

ramon

clickbeepboom.com

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Seb

hello everyone , before anyone heads down to the drink tonight and is disappointed, i thought i would post this before hand. unfortunately like all things in life everything must come to an end sometimes more abruptly then others. i'll be honest with you we probably picked the worst week of the year to try to start this thing and we didn't meet the expectations because of it, but we did give it a shot and we'll give it another shot in the future. i can still be reached at ramon at clickbeepboom dot com if you need to get a hold of me. i wish nothing but the best to the drink as its a great venue and the people were nice enough to give us a chance.

thank you,

ramon

clickbeepboom.com

that sucks dude I didn't even get a chance to check you guys out :-\ Don't give up though man, keep looking for other venues and something will work out eventually. ;)

Guest AlanS

Sorry to hear that Ramon, just based on others feeback, securing a smaller venue should help. No doubts you'll be back in action again soon.

sorry to hear that ramon :'( that really sucks ass dude ! i dunno how a venue tho, can go by just 1 night how that party will end up ::)pisses me the fuck off >:( i mean .. i remember when club space 1st opened .. i think it was the 1st month that shit was dead as hell .. untill of coarse people found out about it .. then space from one day to another was the mega club of miami. i remember like it was yesterday !! alot of these venues are just clueless !! a night and an atmosphere takes time to build. most of these venue owners dont seem to get that shit !! >:( >:( >:( >:(

well ramon again im trully sorry(and pissed) TO HEAR THAT SHIT !! BUT I KNOW YOU'LL COME UP SOONER OR LATER 8)

Guest durrtylexx

that sucks

but with any experience you learned something new, good luck on your next venture.

dam ramon thats sucks but keep doing what you are doing for the music I think everyone on here appreciates it.

good luck homie 8)

Guest biznation00

Yo!

sorry to hear bud. I didn't even get a chance to pass by. wish you the best of luck with your next venture. you truly believe in your music & are passionate about doin' it. Keep tapping into new sources & networking & someday with a lot of hard work & some luck you'll get your break... :)

Guest lulamishka

We already gave you our opinion on that ;) . Wherever you take it we will follow! :-*

Ya gawddamn right, Lee! ;)

Guest coach

Well, as it turns out, you were having it at a venue that wasn't open! I just got an email from our friends at CP about the GRAND OPENING party of The Drink on April 9th!

In any case, I'm sorry to hear that, we were looking forward to making it out! Next time for sure.

Guest DJ Nova

The UNFORTUNATE truth is that this party won't happen again (the right way....meaning good sound , good venue) unless SPACE , CROBAR , OR ANY OTHER OF these STUPID venues start a techno night .....in which they'll probably have IVANO BELLINI , CEDRIC G. , OR EDGAR V. (sorry edgar) play some WATERED down version of what REAL dance music IS . I don't mean to offend anyone , but I've had IT . That post the other day where somebody was promoting an EDGE reunion party ....and THEN argued with DJ STRYKE about his residency at the EDGE is RIDICULOUS ! NO RESPECT FOR THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE PUT SO MUCH TIME AND EFFORT into Miami's MUSIC scene . THE PROBLEM IS THAT MOST PEOPLE IN THIS TOWN THINK THEY KNOW WHAT"S UP because they were @ the Mix a couple years ago......or Space.....come on....that was the TAIL end of what we experienced down here!!! The Edge was the beginning , and that was 1993 . WHY else is it that the only djs that play in MIAMI are the newbies ? YOU KNOW paul van dyke ,oakenfold , tiesto , piccotto .....who are these guys ?!? (I know who they are thank you) In relation to dance music history...they are NOBODY......they can defenitely make MONEY ...NO DOUBT , but so did Milli Vanilli , and countless other FOOLS!

The POINT of this whole reply is to RESEARCH don't take my word for it !! DANCE MUSIC was born in the STATES! NOT EUROPE....so why do we have all the euro djs come to miami.....when the DJS AND producers that created this whole thing are right in our back yard !? BECAUSE URB & other MAGAZINES have them on their covers ?!

I think people would be more accepting of techno if they heard it , because in all actuality ....TECHNO = TRUE DANCE MUSIC , in other words.... creative electronic music .

IF YOU LOOK AT DANCE MUSIC AS A WHOLE (trance , house , breaks , techno ,progressive , etc.)

TECHNO and HOUSE are the truest forms of dance music , everything else you hear has been comercialized , there's nothing wrong with that , just know that it's POP music .

THE WHOLE REASON DANCE MUSIC CAME ABOUT WAS ....A REBELLION AGAINST POP MUSIC (like punk ,heavy metal and other forms of controversial music) and for those of you who ask ....."why don't you move out of miami?" this is my home town.....and I love to hate it ;) no but seriously , why should i have to leave? (even though i did for about 2 years) I'm back now.....and believe me you will all hear about me ...if you already haven't !

good books to read :

DJ CULTURE : by Ulf Poschardt

LAST NIGHT A DJ SAVED MY LIFE : by Bill Brewster & Frank Broughton

DVD's

The Exhibitionist : Jeff Mills

High Tech Soul : The History Of Detroit Techno

Guest DJ Nova

ok how about .....THEY ARE STUPID CLUBS , AND I DON'T CARE FOR A RESINDENCY IN ANY OF MIAMI'S MAJOR CLUBS (Ramon is my friend and an exception and nocturnal has stryke as a resident another excepetion) THOSE CLUBS ARE AS GOOD AS 93.1 was ......CRAP . I magine you are living in the times of pablo picasso , you have an opportunity to showcase his work or ....get a cheaper similar artist . In Miami , the clubs choose the IMITATION , not the real DEAL . Since the people don't know about "Pablo Picasso" they don't ask for him , and the clubs are making money...so why change format . An endless cycle of perversion of music , ART .....for MONEY . I see it as BLASPHEMY

Guest aj2234

Stryke will be resident at Nocturnal! You can get your fix and see if that sound works in a few weeks!

easy Nelson!

Guest eKiTeL

that place was not right at all for you guys, too big and dirty and the sound was terrible, they had Peavey cabinets FCOL, it looks like they spent everything on the video screens and forgot the sound, plus you have 5 goons at the rope that have nothing to do with the party standing there looking shady and trying to charge entry when it's advertsied free before 1 AM

you guys can do better and you will I'm sure