Clubplanet Nightlife Community

You have the right to remain violent.........

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

DUBBED THE KILL BILL, Look's like South Florida will turn into the wild, wild west fairly soon.........................

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200504/s1339831.htm

Florida passes Stand Your Ground bill

Lawmakers in the US state of Florida have passed a bill that would allow a gun owner to shoot an attacker on the street in self-defence.

Under what its Republican sponsor calls the Stand Your Ground bill, gun licence holders over 21 years of age who feel threatened in public can shoot to protect themselves, without trying to escape first.

Florida Governor Jeb Bush says the bill is a good anti-crime measure.

Critics say it will boost gun sales and turn the state into something resembling the wild west.

Guest saintjohn

The hype surrounding this bill has been amazing. The last time the media predicted that Florida would become the "Wild West" was back when the state adopted its current concealed carry law. Guess what? Violent crime rates went down.

Despite the seld-assured gloom and doom of the mainstream media, this new legislation will not turn Florida into the Wild West, either.

Guest JMT

i think this is so funny how people are getting upset about this. nothing is going to change. it wasnt legal to strike someone without provacation then, and it still isnt. you cant just go hit someone you dont like and it will be acceptable. all this means is you dont have to attempt to flee first. think about what happens if there is an attack, its one party's word against another afterward, and any witnesses corroborate either side in court. thats still the case with the law change. its no different. if there are no witnesses to an attack than its one word against another, but thats also exactly the situation before the law change.

Guest pod

Thank you ;D

In an armed society, it is the unarmed who have the most to worry about. You euro-types just don't get it.

s_solution2.jpg

s_order.jpg

Instead you rely on us to bail you out every time Germany feels a little itchy.

What it really comes down to is that I'll put down my gun when everyone else does.

Guest Ar

u bail us out? yeh right

americans have this fantasy that they need to get over...

the whole of europe hates u... get over it... times will be changing.. u better believe it...

and another thing... bush is the biggest joke to ever hit this country.. and u re-elected him...

80% of america had no idea who they were voting for..

in case u hadnt realized...... the whole world is laughing at u..........

Guest slamminshaun

Deep down, that's what they did on 9/11, so frankly, Americans could care less.

Guest saintjohn
u fucking yanks are turning into animals

Don't believe the hype:

The United States provides a valuable point of comparison for assessing crime rates as that country has witnessed a dramatic drop in criminal violence over the past decade – for example, the homicide rate in the US has fallen 42 percent since 1991. This is particularly significant when compared with the rest of the world – in 18 of the 25 countries surveyed by the British Home Office, violent crime increased during the 1990s.

http://www.fraserinstitute.ca/shared/readmore.asp?sNav=nr&id=570

According to the National Criminal Intelligence Service, the number of illegal firearms in the UK ranges from 200,000 to 4m. Offences involving firearms rose by 40% between 2000 and 2002.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/gun/Story/0,2763,1429996,00.html

Overall, Britain now suffers from a higher violent crime rate than the U.S., and has reverted to its medieval status of being substantially more dangerous than most of the European continent.

http://www.nationalreview.com/kopel/kopel051403.asp

Despite the sophomoric appeal of insults, generalizations, and unsubstantiated claims, they don't prove anything. Of course, statistics aren't always what they seem, but at least they offer a starting point for discussion.

u bail us out? yeh right

americans have this fantasy that they need to get over...

the whole of europe hates u... get over it... times will be changing.. u better believe it...

and another thing... bush is the biggest joke to ever hit this country.. and u re-elected him...

80% of america had no idea who they were voting for..

explain to me why bush is such a bad guy?

lets recap.. shall we...

First time elections in:

Iraq

Saudi Arabia

Palastine

Egypt

Afganistan

Syria is pulling out of Lebanon

Even Libya caved in....

Isreal and Palastine are at a truce and things are moving forward. The us economy is doing ok..

There have been no major attacks on us soil after sept 11...

so whats the fantasy again? Regarless if you are left or right, people have to respect that Bush changed the world for the better.

Guest pod

Europe can laugh for all I care.

And yes, we did bail you out in the 40s. And yeah, I'll rub it in as long as you rub in your smug sense of superiority on us.

Face it, you suck, we suck. As a race humanity is pretty fucked. Might as well make the best of it. I'll swipe you a bottle of watered down American beer sometime before you leave the country.

You can have your wonderful Orwellian playground. Bread and circuses I tell you, and the European Union is a master of it. Sit down while they subvert your culture in favour of ramming some bullshit confederation down your throats. You all hate each other and you know it. Deep down inside, you wet yourself thinking about beating up a German. 50 years ago the Germans were ramapaging across your countries and killing your people. Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it.

I'm not suggesting turning into an armed camp, but you gotta realize that things are different over here in the States. People kill each other over here for shits and grins. Can I change it? Probably not. The best defense is a good offense. Some crackhead breaks into my apt, you bet there's gonna be a .45 slug embedded in his skull. Your average European will let them walk off with whatever, and hope the cops follow up on it...."Stop or I'll say stop again!"

My home is my castle. I don't want you here, you're going down.

Am I an animal? Probably. Deal with it. I'm an animal with a drinking problem and a whole host of personality disorders...You're no saint either I'm guessing. Your shit smells as bad as mine.

Gotta ask though....you don't like us? What are you doing here then?

Guest LdySphynx

Gotta ask though....you don't like us? What are you doing here then?

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh OUCH, LOW BLOW!!!!!

But yeah my thoughts exactly!!!!

Bring on the Heavy Artillery!!!!!

Guest mrdonotlikeu

Pod, love your rethoric and Ldy something we can finally agree on, the world is now a better place and Europeans go fuck yourselves pussies!

Guest mursa

The best way to argue against many pro-american , lets go GI_JOE types is just to knod your head in agreement when they say the US are the supremem masters of the universe , and whatever propoganda has been inserted in their perception of reality .

Guest pod

You can leave too, Mursa. ;D

I don't know about you guys, but I don't stay where I don't like being. Or I work actively to change it.

If you wanna disarm the populace, you're more than welcome to give it a shot. Stop doing drugs for one night and contact your local congress-critter and ban private ownership of firearms.

s_what.JPG

Though I know the typical reaction. "Oh, like they'll really do that"? Oh yeah? Do you know my individual situation? How do you know I don't live in a bad area? Can you throw down and protect you and your loved ones?

It's a dangerous world out there...I'd rather have the option of gun ownership. People like Ar would rather just sit down in their world of bread and circuses and one day wake up an automaton of the state.

Guest pod

Citizens in a fascist country usually don't have weapons.

The first thing the Germans and Italians did was disarm the general population.

When you are a dictator, one thing you fear is an uprising of the general population. If the only thing you have to worry about is pissed off guys with pitchforks, you're doing alright. Pissed off guys with rifles is quite another thing.

Now I know what you're all saying, that a hunting rifle isn't a match for a soldier with a machine gun. Well, a bullet is a bullet. One lucky shot, and next thing you know the guy with the rifle is the guy with the machine gun. Now scale it up. Just like in the video games.

Not to mention that the hardest thing for a dictator to do is get the military behind him.

Oh and Ar, show your relatives this:

s_sten.JPG

stockup2_s.jpg

http://www.a-human-right.com/

The site is written by a Russian (European, imagine that!) person who now lives in the US. Imagine that, one of the most vocal pro-gun people in this country is not an American even.

Guest slamminshaun

I'm behind you 100% Pod. The right to bear arms was written with the examples you just laid out in mind. Michael Moore can go suck a dick-tionary.

Guest pod

You'd think you'd have our boy from Holland on our side too, all things considered. The last time the US was invaded (aside from the Attu Island incursion in 1942) was almost 200 years ago, and people here still try to keep that in mind when it comes to arms.

The last time Ar's land was invaded was a little over 50 years ago, with hundreds of thousands of his people injured or killed. Odd how quickly they forget the past.

Invasions aside, it is a dangerous world out there. I have no real desire to shoot anyone (well, if I saw Bin Laden, you bet your ass he'd go down...), but there's people out there with the desire to shoot me. Not me in particular, but people out there who might take a shot at me because they like my watch a little too much, or the car I was driving if I had one. I'd like to know I have the ability to respond in kind.

That being said, statisically, violent crime is way down these years. Compared to the society of a hundred years ago, we're cuddly little bunnies. The reason outbreaks of violence shock us so much is that they are reported instantaneously. There's always been violence in society, it is just that now every little incident is reported, so it seems a lot worse than it is.

Guest Ar

i actually took offense to that last picture pod... my relatives lived through the war.. many were killed, starved and were sent to the camps.. and yeh deep down inside every dutch person there is hate towards the germans... we still refer to them as "muphs"...

but having said that. holland is a very liberal country and the people are not violent (the queen rides her bike through the hague without security)... i dont know a single person in holland who has a gun, nor have i ever seen one (apart from the ones the cops carry)

and yeh holland has suffered some crime the last 2 years with political figures like pim fortuyn being asasinated.. and the country has been warned..but imo guns just promote it..

ive never really been scared in Amsterdam... ive been here six years now and have felt threatened a numerous of times while visiting what americans call the "ghetto".. (doesn't that word come from WWII)

anyways.. point being. im against gun owndership... and i think members of the NRA are animals... its my opinion..

in holland if u shoot someone on your property stealing your shit u get thrown in jail for murder...

Guest pod

Well there. Mission accomplished. See, I knew you Euro types secrely hate each other. And you're all trying to form one country. I expect a civil war in 40 years.

That's unfortunate that the law in Holland is as such. Here in the states, there's still a good chance you can get off on self-defense.

What's mine is mine. You break into my home, you're getting ventilated. I'm sorry, but I work too hard to allow some scumbag to walk off with my posessions. He'll walk away if he's lucky. I may give him the chance to leave.

The hardcore liberals would rather try rehabilitating the criminal, which really doesn't work. Look up recidivism. Most criminals go through the motions "Oh I'm sorry" and such, the bleeding-hearts let them out of jail, rinse and repeat.

We're a polyglot culture. Some people 'round here are raised with the notion that stealing is alright. We don't have the advantage that the Netherlands does, a small population that is relatively homogenous, so it is easy to nail values into people.

I don't make society, I just try to live in it. And in American society, guns are a reality. We're a culture borne of revolution.