Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Liar Liar KFC's pants r' on fire!!!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

To view the pictures go to http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/moratoriam.asp

KFC Ignores the Science on Animal Welfare; PETA Campaign Is Full Steam Ahead

On February 25, 2005, PETA representatives met for eight long hours with five top KFC executives, including Chief Operating Officer Harvey Brownlee and General Counsel R. Scott Toop, in a secret negotiation session brokered by hip-hop mogul and entrepreneur Russell Simmons, a PETA supporter. By the end of the meeting, KFC had agreed to consult with a group of mutually agreed-upon animal welfare experts and to put together a proposal for action within 30 days. In return, PETA agreed to suspend all anti-KFC activities during that time. Read PETA's summary of the meeting, as sent in a letter to KFC.

PETA's recommendations are based on the most up-to-date research on poultry welfare, including the work of these same scientists, so it was no surprise that the five independent experts, who include the top poultry scientists in the U.K., Canada, and the United States, endorsed PETA's program for improving animal welfare at KFC.

Despite their unanimous opinion in favor of reforms, KFC's COO, general counsel, and others announced at the next meeting in Mr. Simmons' office on March 28 that they were not accepting even one part of their own experts' four-point plan. This meeting lasted five hours and ended with both sides agreeing to accept a revised proposal from just two of the experts, Drs. Ian Duncan and Temple Grandin, two of the world's top experts in farmed animal welfare.

After several additional discussions, KFC has now refused to accept these experts' recommendations or, in fact, to do anything to eliminate the very worst abuses suffered by animals raised and killed for its restaurants.

KFC's proposed "plan of action" on animal welfare did not contain a single step that would improve the life of a single animal. It contained vague statements and limp promises to write letters and do research but nothing that would prevent a single chicken from becoming crippled or being scalded alive in a defeathering tank while still fully conscious. KFC was apparently so unconvinced by its own plan that it refused to allow PETA to keep a copy of it after our meeting to share with the public. Read PETA's letter to KFC, spelling out the problems with KFC's plan of action.

Because of KFC's refusal to act, PETA is reigniting its campaign against the company and calling on compassionate people around the world to join the boycott of KFC until KFC agrees to make all the changes recommended by independent animal welfare scientists.

You Can Help!

If you still eat chicken, please stop eating at KFC until it agrees to improve the way it treats chickens. If you've already stopped eating chicken, educate others to do the same, and check out more ways for you to get involved with PETA's campaign.

Guest JMT

mmmm, chicken. tastes like.... well, chicken.

LOL, russel simmons.... peta supporter. dont hurt the chickens but feel free to rap about killing people and slapping women.

i saw this news report ala 20/20 talking about peta supporting ALF, animal liberation front. they firebomb animal testing facilities and hospitals that engage in animal testing. a friend of mine is a med student at UM, and in her 3 years there she's been evacuated for bomb threats several times.

the report talked about how peta supports ALF and organizations like them that use violence to further their cause. it's ironic because the president of peta is diabetic, and the medicine she uses to continue her life was developed using animal testing.

Guest swirlundergrounder

ive stoped eating KFC long ago..they treat their chikens bad :(

Me to. I eat chicken still but not from KFC...I do miss the original recipe though...mmmm.mmmm..good

Guest swirlundergrounder

i saw this news report ala 20/20 talking about peta supporting ALF, animal liberation front. they firebomb animal testing facilities and hospitals that engage in animal testing. a friend of mine is a med student at UM, and in her 3 years there she's been evacuated for bomb threats several times.

the report talked about how peta supports ALF and organizations like them that use violence to further their cause. it's ironic because the president of peta is diabetic, and the medicine she uses to continue her life was developed using animal testing.

I can see where you would think that they are terrorists. They campaign opposing violence against animals so they shouldn't use violence to further their cause. Maybe it was a rouge group of people claiming to be PETA who commited the violence.....?

Guest LdySphynx

Ok I know this is a serious subject and all, but I cant help but think of the South Park episode where they Ban Stan and he ends up at the P.E.T.A. Farm...........and the PETA people were Fucking and Breeding with The Animals cause they "LOVED" them so much ::)!!!!

FUNNY Episode if I do say so myself ;D!!!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

Ok I know this is a serious subject and all, but I cant help but think of the South Park episode where they Ban Stan and he ends up at the P.E.T.A. Farm...........and the PETA people were Fucking and Breeding with The Animals cause they "LOVED" them so much ::)!!!!

'TIMMY'........

hahahahahaha excellent tangent. that's one of my favorite episodes ;D

Guest slamminshaun

peta supports terrorist organizations

You always say this. I was wondering how so?

http://brianoconnor.typepad.com/animal_crackers/2004/02/petas_terrorist.html

PETA donated money to terrorist organizations according to their tax returns.

Hey man did your truck get recalled?

Might have....I have an unopened envelope from Ford here. I'm afraid to open it...

Guest swirlundergrounder

peta supports terrorist organizations

You always say this. I was wondering how so?

http://brianoconnor.typepad.com/animal_crackers/2004/02/petas_terrorist.html

PETA donated money to terrorist organizations according to their tax returns.

Hey man did your truck get recalled?

Might have....I have an unopened envelope from Ford here. I'm afraid to open it...

You better open it b4 it blows up on you....

Guest slamminshaun

No worries, just a customer satisfaction survey for my SUV. I wrote in the comment box: "I am very satisfied as to how much fossil fuel I burn. The more, the merrier. Anything I can do to help Haliburton and Bush's oil buddies get richer is fine with me. Please consider a less fuel-friendly SUV for 2006. We can't stand by and let China continue to be the #1 consumer (and polluter) in the world" :P

Guest swirlundergrounder

No worries' date=' just a customer satisfaction survey for my SUV. I wrote in the comment box: "I am very satisfied as to how much fossil fuel I burn. The more, the merrier. Anything I can do to help Haliburton and Bush's oil buddies get richer is fine with me. Please consider a less fuel-friendly SUV for 2006. We can't stand by and let China continue to be the #1 consumer (and polluter) in the world" :P

[/quote']lol..My girl would just love you!!!! :P

Guest shannon_coolj.

No worries' date=' just a customer satisfaction survey for my SUV. I wrote in the comment box: "I am very satisfied as to how much fossil fuel I burn. The more, the merrier. Anything I can do to help Haliburton and Bush's oil buddies get richer is fine with me. Please consider a less fuel-friendly SUV for 2006. We can't stand by and let China continue to be the #1 consumer (and polluter) in the world" :P

[/quote']

Way to go, Shaun.

I'm sure your descendents (who have to wear gas masks) will say thank you.

::)

Guest shannon_coolj.

I used to be a card-carrying member of PETA (and also a vegan).

But sometimes PETA goes to extremes to achieve its goal and that's why i quit. There are so many more effective ways to get across the message of animal cruelty than supporting terrorist groups and throwing paint on people who are wearing furs.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I used to be a card-carrying member of PETA (and also a vegan).

But sometimes PETA goes to extremes to achieve its goal and that's why i quit. There are so many more effective ways to get across the message of animal cruelty than supporting terrorist groups and throwing paint on people who are wearing furs.

Yeah but people who put on a fur is really asking for it...(from those who throw paint that is)