Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This is the state of public education nowadays...

Guest pod

Guest pod

And they wonder why private schools are making bank. It is a profit-driven educational system. The teachers are paid there to produce results, which produce profits. Teachers and admins that don't produce results are fired.

In this case, they're paid to educate children, not cancel school for a day because some stupid thermometer breaks...there's like what, 1 mL of mercury in one?

A privatized educational system based on business principles is the only way to go.

Guest web_norah
A privatized educational system based on business principles is the only way to go.

or a public system that makes sense....and prepares people with real skills other than adding/ subtracting and reading the ABC's.

Guest barstar diana

i went to private skool and that shit was tuff, they kicked your ass out if u failed a class, but the plus side is when i entered college i had 30 credits already through dual enrollment...epa!

its wierd in germany universities are free and everything, but here you have to pay, but yet lower education is free

pradox??

Guest web_norah

i went to private skool and that shit was tuff, they kicked your ass out if u failed a class, but the plus side is when i entered college i had 30 credits already through dual enrollment...epa!

its wierd in germany universities are free and everything, but here you have to pay, but yet lower education is free

pradox??

it is not a paradox...it is called higher income taxes

simple formula.

Guest JMT

i went to private school, and i had a few friends who went to public. we also had AP classes that earned us college credits, but i dont know if it was so much a quality of education that was different so much as a quality of student. you never really had to worry about getting knifed in the parking lot, teachers didnt get threatened, fights were usually fair, and the admin was allowed to actually "punish" students to a degree.

Guest tres-b

pradox??

it is not a paradox...it is called higher income taxes

simple formula.

Why dont we cut some welfare programs and invest the money into something worthwhile, education for America's youth. Wait, the Dems would lose the only solid voting block that they have(African Americans) if they supported this.

Guest tres-b

I know the stats on welfare. And no, the large majority of single American African moms dont vote. However, the support of social programs is a platform issue to ensure the black vote.

As for the 2 systems, ask Clarence Thomas about making it. Proof that any obstacle can be overcome. Do you want to make it, or do you want to sit on the sidelines and complain about "the system"? How people answer that question decides the way they live, not circumstances.

Guest slamminshaun

Here are the statistics on welfare recipients:

White 38.8%

Black 37.2

Hispanic 17.8

Asian 2.8

Other 3.4

No offense, but don't blacks only make up 12% of the population? Then why do they account for 37% of welfare recipients?

Regarding schools, profit-driven schools operate more effienetly and effectively. Higher income taxes won't produce results in public schools. Take a look at how much more they spend per student in NYC compared to 25 years ago and you tell me if throwing money at the problem is the solution.

Guest JMT

I know the stats on welfare. And no, the large majority of single American African moms dont vote. However, the support of social programs is a platform issue to ensure the black vote.

As for the 2 systems, ask Clarence Thomas about making it. Proof that any obstacle can be overcome. Do you want to make it, or do you want to sit on the sidelines and complain about "the system"? How people answer that question decides the way they live, not circumstances.

you reminded me of something a relative of mine always said: "there are 3 kinds of people in this world... those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what the f happened."

Guest tres-b

you reminded me of something a relative of mine always said: "there are 3 kinds of people in this world... those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what the f happened."

Exactly.

Guest JMT

HaHa.. you must be picturing me as Sanford and Son... lol. First off I'm African-Jamaican... and I'm sure I'm more progressive and smarter than your dumb ass. The fact is two systems exist educationally and usually the wealthier people are in the other system.. and they benefit tremendously because of this. These two systems aren't so much a racial matter but more an economic matter... considering that even whites are affected by it.

dont flatter yourself as i wasnt referring to you personally, since you dont seem bright enough to see that. and actually, i just picture you as a loser.

Guest JMT

dont flatter yourself as i wasnt referring to you personally, since you dont seem bright enough to see that. and actually, i just picture you as a loser.

LOL... on my part I usually picture you as retarded. ;D

being pathetic makes you angry, i can tell.

Guest slamminshaun

Seems like we're the only country in the western world that has this problem, yet slavery existed in just about all countries. Brazil, Costa Rica, etc all had slavery, yet the locals there tell me racism is non-existent.

I expect those that were born 125 years after Republicans abolished slavery to quit seeking repirations and start seeking an education. Saying that American blacks today are still somehow "conditioned to be slaves" is about as dumb-sounding as when Madeline Waters said that sharks still swim around the Atlantic Ocean in search of slaves thrown overboard on the way to America.

Guest slamminshaun

I'm simply asking why it's kosher in other countries in the western world, just not here. ???

I'm not asking anybody to discount or disregard the sacrifices made through racism over the years, but I challenge one's use of this history as an excuse for negative behavior now. The difference between Jews and blacks, despite both races going through their own holocausts, is that Jews don't account for 38% of the jail population as you pointed out earlier despite accounting for roughly the same population rate. Jews are typically sterotyped as business owners and wealthy citizens. How are blacks stereotyped? I'm not saying its fair, but we both know the stereotypes. Jews don't need excuses, and upon what seems to be your own admission, blacks do.

Guest slamminshaun

I'll keep driving this question home until I get an answer. Brazil did not abolish slavery until AFTER the United States, 1888 to be exact but racism is not a reality there.

There were HUNDREDS of years of slavery in most Latin American countries, yet, racism is almost unheard of according to the locals. Why is this?

Guest slamminshaun

My wife's Brazilian. :-\

Is your wife black?

No, hispanic. I didn't realize blacks were the only one's who could recognize racism. Hey...here's a black guy who hit the nail on the head regarding racism. Check this moron out.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3533684

Since non-black people are so ignorant, can you please identify what's racist about an minimum age limit in the NBA?

Finally, does the economic failure of a certain type of people necessarily mean racism? Well, how about health issues? Who's committing racism causing black teenages to account for 60% of the AIDS among teens in this country, yet black teens only account for 15% of the teenage population in the US? I don't want to hear about hundreds of years of oppression forcing them to have unprotected sex with multiple partners. ::)

Certain ethnicities have certain characteristics as a whole. Some are for better, some are for worse. That's just the way it is people. We should learn to love each other's differences instead of pushing this BS about how we're all equal inside. I think embracing differences would lead to less ignorance in the population, but I doubt I'll ever see that day. :(

Guest pod

Here's a question for you.

Millions of years ago, everyone came out of Africa (ca-ca-ca-ca...),

what gave one group of people the advantage over the other?

Considering Africa is the cradle of humanity, you'd think they'd be way ahead, but that isn't the case.

Guest JMT

being pathetic makes you angry, i can tell.

Lacking sufficient neurons makes you creatively inept at mounting a proper rebuttal. LOL.. but how can you rebut being retarded. The only thing your capable of doing is verbally drooling all over this board.

you are one pathetic loser. ya, i sit around eager to waste my finite time on a dumbass adolescent reply from you, lol. wrap your neurons around the word "life". you're as "smart" as any other idiot who knows how to spell "google".