Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Eye Infections Suck Hippo Testes waaaaaa

Guest Slide On The Ice

Guest Slide On The Ice

Damnit! I have an ulcer in my eye, a damn infection. It started hurting yesterday at work and i figured i just had some crud stuck under the contact lense and as soon as I got home I'd take the lense out and rinse it. When I got home my eye was hellish bloodshot and stinging. So I took my lense out and soaked it in saline and went to sleep. Then I woke up at 2am and tried to put the lense back in and it burned like hell and was all teary and gooey. I called in sick for work and made and called my eye doctor ficuring and hoping it was an infection and not something more serious. So I drove to work with one eye open and the bad eye closed, because without my lenses I can't see a few inches in front of my face--I'm legally blind, in medical terms. So he gives me drops and an eye patch to wear for at least 48 hours because I cant put my lense back in that eye and I can't see through it. So now I'm half blind and wearing an eye patch. And in 4 days Im going to Indiana for a Star Wars convention. I can go there as Captain Typho (Padme's security guy in Episode II, with the eye patch.).

Lolahotass, and Orisha, do you girls see the irony in this that I do? (Sorry everyone else, private joke.)

THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest LdySphynx

Damn sorry to hear that, yeah I used to leave in my Contacts for months at a time..................I was always told that I could create an Ulcer in my eye by doing that!!!

Never listened, but I guess I will be more careful next time I use them :-\!!!

Guest Electric Eel

My sister got an ulcer in her eye because of that reason, but i think her eyes were real sensitive. I used to leave my contacts in all the time and i've been ok so far but wear glasses everynow and then just for that reason.

Guest Slide On The Ice

Damn sorry to hear that, yeah I used to leave in my Contacts for months at a time..................I was always told that I could create an Ulcer in my eye by doing that!!!

Never listened, but I guess I will be more careful next time I use them :-\!!!

Posted by: Spyderchic Posted on: Today at 05:23:23pm

My sister got an ulcer in her eye because of that reason, but i think her eyes were real sensitive. I used to leave my contacts in all the time and i've been ok so far but wear glasses everynow and then just for that reason.

That is exactly what I have done for a long time in my life....I have the disposable ones you wear for 2 weeks and discard, but I always either forget or procrastinate and end up wearing them for a month or more. My eyes are always drhy the morning, whether I've got old lenses in, new lenses, or none at all, so I don't really notice by dryness that I've had them in too long, until they start feeling way too dry.

My doc had also warned me about developing an ulcer and I shrugged it off. Foolish me. I once asked him, how would I know if and when I had an eye ulcer? He told me, you will know. This morning at 5am I knew, I just knew that it was an ulcer.

If only I hadn't been shortsighted (no pun intended) and had gotten a back-up pair of glasses early on, I'd be having no trouble now, being able to wear the glasses and not being half blind with only one lense in.

Lady, learn by my foolish example and take better care of your eyes and lenses. Spyderchic, tell your sister the same.

That was a public service announcement from Half-Blind Slide.

Guest Slide On The Ice

omg that sucks ice-man! When are you leaving?

And i'm dying to know - what are you dressing up as for the convention ???

:-* heal up quickly :-*

Tuesday morning at 11:35am, Northwest flight 637 (thanks for the recomendation BTW) and coming back the evening of the 25th. Good news is with the drops I've been putting in every 2 hours my eye is feeling better. It's still red but not nearly as bad as it was, and it doesn't hurt anymore. Lack of pain is always a good thing. By tomorrow afternoon I should be able to put my contact back in and not be half blind anymore.

I'm not dressing up at all at the con. I'm just being myself and hanging with my friends there. If I had the time to get a comstume or make one like some of my own friends have, what would I go as? Why, a Jedi Knight of course. I wonder if Triumph will be there. I'll avoid my costumed friends just in case; I wouldn't want to end up on Conan O'Brien's show being interviewed as a geek. ;D

Hey, check it out: I'm bald, Jewish, and wearing an eye patch...I'm Moshe Dayan! Oy! :P

Guest Slide On The Ice

i'd wait until tuesday to throw the contact in..... why risk it getting re-infected before the show... thats what i would do at least.. ya know, as the bracelet says WWLD.

lollll

have fun ice man ;D

Cause I can't shit. I need to be able to see normal again. I wish I had glasses. I wouldn't be bitching and moaning at all then.

LOL about the bracelet. I have to get me one of those.

Guest Slide On The Ice

i'd wait until tuesday to throw the contact in..... why risk it getting re-infected before the show... thats what i would do at least.. ya know, as the bracelet says WWLD.

lollll

have fun ice man ;D

Cause I can't shit. I need to be able to see normal again. I wish I had glasses. I wouldn't be bitching and moaning at all then.

LOL about the bracelet. I have to get me one of those.

Damn, I fucked up my post there. I seem to be complaining about constipation, saying that I can't shit. But no, what I meant was, I can't see shit.

But anyway, today my eye is clear and feels good and though I'm still taking the med for it, I put my contact lens back in and could see again finally. Praise the Lord, I can see!!!!!