Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Muslim Insurgents Murder Innocent Survivor of Helicopter Crash

Guest tres-b

Guest tres-b

BAGHDAD — A crew member on board the helicopter that crashed north of Baghdad apparently survived, only to be shot to death by insurgents, a video shows.

The video, purportedly shot and posted online by the Islamic Army in Iraq (search), shows gunmen running toward the crash site. The group claimed responsibility for shooting down the Mi-8 chopper (search), on which all on board — six Americans, three Bulgarians and two Fijians — were killed.

The video begins with an unseen cameraman breathing heavily and running with the camera toward burning wreckage. Two bodies are visible, one of them severely charred, nearly all its clothes burned away.

"Look at that filth," someone says in Arabic.

There are brief glimpses of a man carrying an assault rifle along with the cameraman.

The video then shows a man in a pilot's uniform — presumably one of the Bulgarian crewmen — lying on the ground, arms outstretched and asking for help.

One of the insurgents begins barking orders at the injured man, yelling in accented English, "Stand up! Stand up!"

"I can't, it's broken," the man pleads, holding up his hands.

It appears the militants help pull him to his feet.

"Weapons?" the gunmen shout at him in Arabic.

The cameraman tells the crewman, whose face is visible, to step back.

"Go! Go!" he shouts.

The man eventually begins walking away. Moments later, the insurgents say something to make him turn around.

"Carry out God's verdict," one of the gunmen says.

The insurgents open fire on him, shouting "Allahu akbar!" or "God is great!"

The Bulgarian-owned helicopter was carrying six American security contractors who worked as bodyguards for U.S. diplomats. Its three crew members were Bulgarian, and two other passengers were Fijian helicopter security guards.

In their Web statement, the Islamic Army in Iraq said it killed the surviving crewman "in revenge for the Muslims killed in the mosques of Fallujah." It apparently referred to the Nov. 13 shooting of a wounded Iraqi by an American soldier in a Fallujah (search) mosque during a U.S. offensive in the city.

Guest durrtylexx

I watched the video...

the guy didn't really know it was comming. He was in a daze..

I hope the marines find these assholes and light them up..

i agree

Guest tres-b

Where is the international outcry over this barbaric act?

We have a little hazing incident in a prison and the nations of the world call for the Secretary of Defense to lose his job. It is a joke, a complete and utter joke.

Those people that were up in arms over the prison hazing should be ashamed at themselves for not calling out these animals who murder and kill in the name of Allah.

This wasnt even a military helicopter, but the wastes of space who shot it down were too stupid to realize that the people they killed were there to help build a better Iraq(as if it takes much to make that a better place). Iraq was made better the instant our military crossed over the border.

Guest tres-b

my honey chris is going back to iraq for another tour in october :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

God bless your boy for serving.

Tell him if he sees anyone wearing a rag around their head coming towards him, shoot first and ask questions later.

Guest slamminshaun

Where is the international outcry over this barbaric act?

We have a little hazing incident in a prison and the nations of the world call for the Secretary of Defense to lose his job. It is a joke, a complete and utter joke.

Those people that were up in arms over the prison hazing should be ashamed at themselves for not calling out these animals who murder and kill in the name of Allah.

This wasnt even a military helicopter, but the wastes of space who shot it down were too stupid to realize that the people they killed were there to help build a better Iraq(as if it takes much to make that a better place). Iraq was made better the instant our military crossed over the border.

Exactly. A couple of stupid, immature photos cause an outcry, but nothing seems to happen when the insurgents shoot down civilians and execute the helpless.

Guest mursa

It really is a sad occurence ....BUT......i find that our media hasn't put much enphesis on this portion of the story ..

.. the Insurgents said in that very same tape that they killed him like the US/ALLIED FORCES did to a few in the assault in falluja ..

Do you guys have selective memory or don't you remember that injured insurgent getting killed more or less the same way ...

IM NOT CONDONING THIS ACT ...but lets see it in a lil more WHOLISTIC approach .

Guest pod

Holistic.

That being said, for the insurgents, acting like a savage is par for the course.

Most of our soldiers aren't out there to mindlessly kill like these savages are.

Seriously, when your people consider suicide bombing an honorable act, there's something wrong.

Guest mursa

Holistic.

That being said, for the insurgents, acting like a savage is par for the course.

Most of our soldiers aren't out there to mindlessly kill like these savages are.

Seriously, when your people consider suicide bombing an honorable act, there's something wrong.

The truth lies somewhere between what you believe and what they believe .

Guest pod

I've never understood the culture of death some fringe elements promote.

And you wonder why some of our troops wear a T-shirt that says "72 Virgins Dating Service".

Even worse is the indoctrination at a young age. They've caught kids wearing C4 jackets.

Guest mursa

... once you are heavily outgunned and are faced against satelitte guided smart bombs , you too would most probably use guerilla/unconventional warfare .

thats the way i interpret their way of fighting the US .

Guest pod

That is true. But what the hell goes through your head when you (not you Mursa) put on that C4 jacket in the morning?

I don't know, I value my life.

Guest mursa

That is true. But what the hell goes through your head when you (not you Mursa) put on that C4 jacket in the morning?

I don't know, I value my life.

put urself in someone elses shoes...

.... much of your family has been killed , your hungry , no job , your taught that the Us is one of the main reason for this situation , desperation takes hold ..

....now you can maybe envision why someone would do such an act .