Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Human Corpes - without skin, posed for art.

This is an art exhibit I just heard about. It is both shocking and fascinating.

These are real human bodies in the pictures.

bilde?Site=TO&Date=20050424&Category=ART13&ArtNo=504230328&Ref=AR&MaxW=500&title=1

bilde?Site=TO&Date=20050424&Category=ART13&ArtNo=504230328&Ref=V8&MaxW=240

bilde?Site=TO&Date=20050424&Category=ART13&ArtNo=504230328&Ref=H9&MaxW=240

BODY WORLDS 2 - Exhibition Information

Dr. Gunther von Hagens, the mind behind the BODY WORLDS exhibits, has designed BODY WORLDS 2 to reveal significant insights about human anatomy, physiology and health, presenting an unprecedented view of the structure and function of the human body.

At BODY WORLDS 2, you experience the power and vulnerability of the wondrous human body. Perhaps most amazing are the exhibit’s full-body plastinates - many displayed in dynamic poses. The wide range of specimens shows how the body works when it’s healthy and how it breaks down when it’s not. Compare healthy lungs with those of a smoker, a disease-free liver with one showing hepatocirrhosis. You will leave the experience with a new respect for your body - and perhaps new motivation to commit to healthier habits!

All plastinates on display were created under the direction of Dr. Gunther von Hagens, the Inventor of Plastination and Scientific Director of the Institute for Plastination in Heidelberg, Germany. Dr. von Hagens’ BODY WORLDS and BODY WORLDS 2 are the original exhibitions featuring these plastinates, and only these exhibits have drawn more than 16 million people worldwide, making them the most successful touring exhibits in the world.

For more info http://bodyworlds2.glsc.org/about/default.asp

Guest swirlundergrounder

That's almost as gross as the time my friend showed me a 'petrified head' that his mom kept in a box in their garage. I was in 8th greade at the time. The image still haunts me to this day. It looked somewhat like the head of this man excpet the head in the box was that of a womans and it was a light yellow in color and her eyes were closed.....I can't remember the exact reason why they had the head in the box, I think it had something to do with his mom making wigs...

Guest Devilicious

I don't find this gross at all; on the contrary I find it educational and fascinating. The actual proccess of plastination, explained here

http://bodyworlds2.glsc.org/about/plastination.asp

is a bit shocking, but I don't see anything wrong with what the artist/scientist is doing here.

These people obviously chose to be organ donors and wanted to donate their bodies to science after their death, and that's exactly what's happened. I'd be happy to have my organs or tissue used in an art exhibit after I've died.... it's a way to be a part of art and life long after your death.