Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"new" beetle 2000 60k maintenance...

sup car fiends...

I just got a 2000 beetle for my wife. it has 63k miles on it. it needs the 60k miles service maintenance...

I called the dealer and they want $629.

A "specialized" vw shop in wants about $500 for it.

1- is it worth doing the suggested service maintenance?

2- i rather pay an extra 100 to get good service, will the vw dealer be worth the extra cash (the one on nw12 st)?

Salem, what u think?

Guest JMT

get a list of the work the dealer does at 60k (might be with the cars original paperwork), and make sure the vw specialty shop will also do the same things. and if you go with the shop, just make sure you get a detailed reciept for your records so they can never claim something broke because of you. if the work is mostly "Inspect this, inspect that", you are simply getting bent over the table either way you go for that much money.

an "inspection" is a great way for them to make some cash. nowadays most cars have a check engine light that automatically goes on at a certain mile, so you think you need to take it in, when in actuality nothing is wrong.

also, going to a dealer doesnt not guarantee a higher quality of work. the same idiots and crooks can work at both.

just my $0.02

Guest Clauds

The Esserman International VW next to International Mall is way better than the one in Miami Lakes. I have a 2001 VW and the last time I took it to the VW in Miami Lakes, they gave some cheap excuse for not being able to do their service. Take it to Esserman International VW for sure.

Guest jbit

My thinking is, you run the risk of getting fucked no matter where you bring it, so you might as well get fucked and pay less.

PEP boys!

600 bucks...???

http://www.bentleypublishers.com/images//tech/vw/vw.2000.maintenance.sched.pdf

If I owned your car and there is no warranty issues, I'd do this:

1. Flush radiator

2. change oil

3. change air filter

4. Check and fix your tire pressure, I wouldn't rotate the tires, I see no reason to do so. When it's time just buy new ones, especially with tires for that car being dirt cheap

5. I wouldn't mess with the plugs and wires.

6. Maybe i'd do the fuel filter

See the issue is you bought a piece of kraut and they are hard to work on.

I was raised to work on my own car and that involves buying American so my air filter doesn't cost me 384 bucks to change.

Guest LeVeL

I was raised to work on my own car and that involves buying American so my air filter doesn't cost me 384 bucks to change.

A MEN.... :)

I stick to my American Cars to the Death