Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Redbull Music Academy Comes Back to US

Guest lyrik

Guest lyrik

Being held in Seattle this Year - 2 terms in Novemeber/Dec (Nov 6th-18th and 27th Dec.Nov - 9th)...last few years it has been outside the US and last year was in rome Italy.

They have info sessions around the US leading up to the event - there should be one for Miami with guest/keynote speaker(s) coming up- usually held at a club with free give aways and meet and greets with some artists and people in the biz.

Going to def make it out to the Miami info session - a lot of interesting stuff to look into and a chance to talk with people that have been working in all facets of the music industry (not just (EDM).

Check out the website: http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/

I just hit on a pretty cool feature on the site and watched a few vid clips with some nice background info on the music scene the link is called the "DJ Etiquette The Archives Remixed" on the site.

Guest Seb

interesting stuff, I think I saw that Steinski guy in that the "Scratch" documentary. I would def be interested in attending an info session, let me know when you hear more. 8)

Guest lyrik

interesting stuff, I think I saw that Steinski guy in that the "Scratch" documentary. I would def be interested in attending an info session, let me know when you hear more. 8)

no prob - I think last year they had the jungle brothers down here in Miami as the guest speakers - interested to see who they will have this year and where it will be held.

Guest marcvane

Yo Dudes and Dudets... can you still say that? Anyways Marc Vane here AKA MR X in Miami representing the RED BULL MUSIC ACADEMY locally. Lyric hit it right on the head when he metioned about the info session. I will acctually be holding a few differend Info sessions to let everyone know more about the Academy this year to be held in SEATTLE the (other) city that rocks! If you are a dj, Music engineer, Mc, Programmer or just live muisc. Check out the site, dwld the application and start filling it out(must be postmarked by JUNE 3rd 2005) . It is kinda long but it will help you figure out who the heck you are as a musician, dj, , Programmer, or dirtbag... lol! I will keep in touch wit you all in the next two weeks and let you know about the info session which will DEF be cool for you guys to experience... You can IM me if you want more info or if you would like me to send you a CD Rom and some Dope beats from last years academy members. Lets bring Miami's music community closer together and watch what happens!

Later

Marc Vane

MR X

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lyrik

Anyone down on the beach thursday might want to stop in - there will be free food and red bull of course.

Guest marcvane

Hi Everyone! Due to limited space everyone was not able to attend the RED BULL MUSIC ACADEMY Info Session at Miami’s HIT FACTORY. No worries, we have set another Info Session to go down this THURSDAY NIGHT MAY 19th @ 7pm. We are taking over Miami’s hottest new lounge THE PAWN SHOP! We have invited the “Man of the Hour†DJ IRIE to come and give us some street knowledge on the biz and what it takes to take it THERE….. We’ll kick back some wings, swap some demos and talk about this year’s Red Bull Music Academy. Get out of the studio for one night, turn off the office lights, put down the head phones, get off that computer and come and meet the people who are making Miami one of the most incredible music cites in the world. We hope to see you all there. Feel free to invite friends because this is all about meeting and learning more. Oh and check out the web site, the program is a beautiful thing……. www.redbullmusicacademy.com

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/CALENDAR.81.0.html to find out more information.....

Guest KellyKel

hell yeah!

I was checkin out the website the other day! Sounds very very awesome!! I would LOVE to go to this...

I wish I could make it Thursday nite...have fun Lyrik!

;D

Guest marcvane

hell yeah!

I was checkin out the website the other day! Sounds very very awesome!! I would LOVE to go to this...

I wish I could make it Thursday nite...have fun Lyrik!

;D

THE WEB SITE IS AWSOME! If you even are interested in musica nd learning about it just a little it is worth checkin out.... It has hours of live video on past lectures ......

Check it and be smarter for it!

Guest lyrik

Anyone else going to this? Tonight at Pawn Shop, 7pm....

I'm a 50/50

I was going to but I am not sure - working late - go they will have chicken wings and red bull! There will be a lot of industry people there and Marc is a good host.