Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stefani Single Ousts 50 Cent From #1 Chart Spot

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

A 3-1 move on Billboard's Hot 100 for Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl" ends the nine-week reign of 50 Cent's "Candy Shop" featuring Olivia, which slips to No. 3. Last week, Stefani's single took over the lead on the Hot Digital Songs list, where it spends a second week on top.

"Hollaback" is the latest single from the No Doubt singer's solo debut, "Love, Angel, Music, Baby" (Interscope), which has sold nearly 1.8 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The album is No. 6 on The Billboard 200 in its 22nd week on the chart.

Guest web_norah

dude that Candy Shop song was getting on my nerves, like Daddy Yankees La Gasolina ---> ENOUGH ALREADY

at least Gwen isnt trying to be gettho

Guest LeVeL

dude that Candy Shop song was getting on my nerves, like Daddy Yankees La Gasolina ---> ENOUGH ALREADY

at least Gwen isnt trying to be gettho

Hello 50 Cent is Ghetto...he's not pretending. I know rappers seem to be story tellers now in days but that man brings it.

Now about Gwen...now thats a different story...a gril from the subburbs suddenly think she's ghetto only cuz she did a song with Eve...lol

But yeah I get you....that Candy song was getting on my nerves too...anything that is played on the radio gets on my nerves and is automatically overplayed.

Guest web_norah

we know 50 is gettho .... he is just another Tupac in the making.

may the force be with him

i dont think Gwen is trying to be anything, her music encompasses a lot of different genres, it's way fresher than the usual "me and my b***ches and my diamonds".

Guest ddg

we know 50 is gettho .... he is just another Tupac in the making.

may the force be with him

i dont think Gwen is trying to be anything, her music encompasses a lot of different genres, it's way fresher than the usual "me and my b***ches and my diamonds".

he will never compare to tupac...maybe in album sales..but in talent and personality (the flair that tupac had) he will never reach that status.....only hip hop/rap i listen to is tupac and outkast...

Guest LeVeL

at least it isn't that "i'm so lonely song" that sounds like it has one of the chipmunks singing. :P

hahahahahahhahahahaha.... ;D

Guest durrtylexx

Although, I never cared for Tupac, the man had skills.

Tupac was an entertainer, he knew how to be a superstar.

Tupac's lyrics were always top notch, 50 cent might be extremely rich, but he's no tupac. 50's lyrics are dredful, and he can't rhyme.

I think 50 is ghetto, but America love's him.

Guest JMT

at least it isn't that "i'm so lonely song" that sounds like it has one of the chipmunks singing. :P

hahahahahahhahahahaha.... ;D

lol, so i take it you know that track, level.

Guest LeVeL

lol, so i take it you know that track, level.

well its obviously annoying but whats funny to me is that I always make fun of it because the hook sounds like its Alvin and the chipmunks... :P

Guest LeVeL

Come on you cant compare no rapper to Pac.

But 50 does bring it with his rhymes...and well he will eventually end up making more money than Pac too.

But something that Pac did was that he was able to spit his lyrics and make a song great just by his rhymes....he never needed any type of fancy beats from Dre,Neptunes,Timbaland..ect.

His shit is untouchable to touch and his songs are timeless. 50's album will be big now but years from now people wont remember it. But one thing I have to say is that its been a long...long...long time since a Hip Hop Album like the Massacre has come out that has consistant jams like that album.

Guest LeVeL

dude i rather listen to La Gasolina than 50's lyrics

you just saying that, porque at ti te gust la Gasolina...just admit....you cant stop talking about it. :P

Guest sobe2004

50 is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than that bitch Gwen . . . . she should move to tokyo with those japs she is always with . . . .

Guest DrFired

50 is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than that bitch Gwen . . . . she should move to tokyo with those japs she is always with . . . .

why does race always have to come in with a conversation like this?

Guest DrFired

Biggie bitch smacks Pac....

I have to disagree with this. Even though i'm not a big fan of Pac.

Guest ddg

pac made pop muisc.. biggie was a real rapper...

youve got to be joking...they both had "pop" hits...what do you call biggies hypnotize...pac had sooooo many good songs...

best song biggie did is the one with bone thugs...notorious thugs..imo