Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This is why I quit being a mobile DJ

Guest slamminshaun

Guest slamminshaun

http://www.boston.com/news/education/k_12/articles/2005/04/28/prom_djs_are_told_to_play_it_clean/

Schools witholding DJ's paychecks because the songs they play have suggestions of sex in them. Well...I'm glad I quit, because ALL hip-hop songs now-a-days have sex and/or violence in them. What are you supposed to play, Vanilla Ice?

I can remember a school official gave me crap one time when I played Zoot Suit Riot (throw back a bottle of beer) because it suggested alcohol use. The thing was, it was on the song list the principal of the school provided. Gimmie a break. ::)

There's alot worse things going on at these proms then the songs being played. I've actually seen intercourse on the dancefloor....and they're worried about some stupid P.Diddy song?

Guest web_norah

write to the conservatives in the NCAA or whatever, they're the ones calling the shots on morality standards, music, film, etc

yet, it is ok to watch the re-enactment of the MJ trial and hear all the dirt that went on allegedly.

Guest slamminshaun

write to the conservatives in the NCAA or whatever, they're the ones calling the shots on morality standards, music, film, etc

yet, it is ok to watch the re-enactment of the MJ trial and hear all the dirt that went on allegedly.

Which for the record I do not support, regardless of my right-wing roots. Music, film, etc should have no restrictions on speech or expression.

Guest web_norah

i'd suggest you look into an AMC tv special where Hollywood film producers blast the conservatives in congress, trying to "clean up the film industry, editing original material and scenes". it is almost absurd, but hey all in the name of the Lord, right?

Guest slamminshaun

Well, a Bostonian public school system is hardly conservative. Explain that one. This article is not out of Lubbock, Texas.

Guest slamminshaun

yes, the state has final say-so on 99% of what goes on in the public school systems within their state. Mass is about the bluest of the blue states. follow?

Guest Seb

write to the conservatives in the NCAA or whatever' date=' they're the ones calling the shots on morality standards, music, film, etc

[/quote']

Which for the record I do not support, regardless of my right-wing roots. Music, film, etc should have no restrictions on speech or expression.

Shocking :o did you forget to eat your Republican wheaties Shawn?