Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
Guest web_norah

New Order

Guest web_norah

i cant believe noone has mentioned this album yet. i got my copy and been playing it to warm up to Thursday's concert at Hammerstein Ballroom.

it sounds quite Joy Division-ish

1. Who's Joe?

2. Hey Now What You Doing

3. Waiting for the Sirens Call

4. Krafty

5. I Told You So

6. Morning Night & Day

7. Dracula's Castle

8. Jetstream

9. Guilt Is A Useless Emotion

10. Turn

11. Working Overtime

12. Guilt Is A Useless Emotion - U.S. Bonus Track

Editorial Reviews

Amazon.com

The Killers. Interpol. Franz Ferdinand. Without New Order's influence they could have all ended up making albums of country & western ballads. Since the demise of Joy Division in 1980, the British synth-pop quartet has been diligently changing the course of popular music, lobbing unlikely but inventive hits like "Blue Monday" and "True Faith" into the charts. Twenty-five years on, New Order remains shockingly vital. Its eighth proper album overflows with shimmering melodies, anchored by Peter Hook's spine-tingling bass lines and Bernard Sumner's thin but emotive voice in thrilling new songs like "Krafty" and "Dracula's Castle."

Guest Justin Johnson

I can't wait to hear it! I wish they were touring down here in MIA!

Guest web_norah

one more day til the concert

a report from Coachella:

NEW ORDER

With the sun just setting, the grumpy old Adidas wearing men of New Order declared sonic war on my eardrums the second they took the stage with "Atmosphere". Was it awesome? Fuck yeah! I don't care if they used a teleprompter. I don't care that Peter Hook's bass kept cutting out during "Hey Now What You Doing". I don't care that Bernard had a twisted ankle and could do his jolly bouncing dance. New Order fucking killed. "Crystal" was so heavy and pounding. The Joy Division songs were spectacular! When he launched into the "Dance Dance Dance" part of "Transmission", my little sections started going mental. And "Love Will Tear Us Apart" was well, it was classic. Before the finale of "Blue Monday" they started into the Kylie mashup of "Can't Get You Out of My Head." What a highlight.

Setlist: Atmosphere / Waiting For The Sirens' Call / Regret / Transmission / Hey Now What You Doing / Krafty / Jetstream / Bizarre Love Triangle / Love Will Tear Us Apart / Crystal / Blue Monday

Guest Spankmeister

I have been a fan of NO for many, many, many years....

heh...I still have every 12" single they ever put out....LOL

I haven't heard this new CD yet....but will soon....:)

Guest web_norah

i waited my whole life to experience New Order live

and got my chance last night at Hammerstein Ballroom here in New York City. this is the best place for live music and rare concerts! since i've moved here, i've seen Morrissey, Kings of Leon, Jet, Moby, The B-52's and have my tickets lined up for U2, Oasis and LCD Soundsystem and The Pixies.

concert was sold out and you could barely move from where we were in the middle of the theater. New Order started out with a lot of tracks from their new album titled 'Waiting for the Sirens' Call', which has some cool tracks like Krafty. there was a guest vocalist, the girl from the Scissors Sisters.

part of the night was a tribute to Joy Division, which Peter Hook carried out beautifully --later in the session, i think i almost collapsed when i heard "Love Will Tear Us Apart" and "Transmission". then they went onto the classics like "Bizarre Love Triangle", "True Faith", "Temptation" and for the encore, my all time favorite (one of the iconic electronic tunes ever), "Blue Monday". when you hear this song, i think of all the great music that came after that and respect these guys even more. they truly stood the test of time.

Guest saintjohn

Wow.

Norah, I'm jealous and happy for you at the same time. I'm so glad you were able to experience it.

I'm going to go listen to "Love Will Tear Us Apart" and kick myself now.

Guest web_norah

yeah it was very cool hearing Peter Hook doing the tribute to Ian Curtis....25 yrs after his death.

re-watch the film, 24 Hr Party People. it is all Joy Division (later New Order) that made that scene explode... at the time, they had no idea how much of an impact they'd make