Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Davenavarro10

Audioslave to Rock Cuba

Guest Davenavarro10

Super group Audioslave are set to become the first U.S. rock band to perform outdoors in Cuba, sharing the stage with their Cuban music counterparts.

The group, currently touring in support of their upcoming sophomore release, "Out of Exile," accommodated their touring schedule to be able to give a special performance May 6 at La Tribuna in Havana, Cuba. The concert will be free and open to the Cuban public. In the past, the open air venue has accommodated up to 1 million people.

The performance, the first open air concert by a U.S. rock band in Cuba, was authorized by the U.S. Treasury Department and the Instituto Cubano de la Musica. The effort represents an opportunity to share with the Cuban youth the free expression of music that embodies rock and roll.

"Kids are the same all over the world, and we are extremely proud and excited to bring rock 'n' roll to the youth of Cuba. It's all about the music, and free expression of music crosses all barriers. This is a rare opportunity, and we are grateful and honored to have the support of both countries," said Audioslave.

The band will be in Havana May 4-7, interacting with the Cuban youth and the Cuban musical artists. Interscope/Epic as well as Done and Dusted, a U.K. film production company, are producing the event with the Instituto Cubano de la Musica.

Guest LdySphynx

They're allowed to rock down there?

Don't be such a moron Pod ::)!!!!

Guest Davenavarro10

Rock (good music period) is universal. I'm a little upset that Cuba can get an Audioslave show but we can't in Miami. I'll probably have to drive up to West Palm Beach to see them in the fall. I know that most of you guys on these boards aren't rock fans, but this is history in the making.

Guest Davenavarro10

The combination of Cornell's voice and Tom Morello's guitar playing is mind blowing. Cornell's voice is so powerful that it can probably peel the paint off of walls. I wouldn't be surprised if their music were to start a revolution down there.

Guest durrtylexx

The combination of Cornell's voice and Tom Morello's guitar playing is mind blowing. Cornell's voice is so powerful that it can probably peel the paint off of walls. I wouldn't be surprised if their music were to start a revolution down there.

Dude, Cornell's voice is amazing. I saw Sound Garden open for Gun's N Roses and Cornell fucking rocked! I can't wait for the new Audio Slave cd although, I don't like their new song "Just be yourself" I think of Danny Tenaglia when I hear that song. lol

Guest pod

Maybe we'll get lucky and their plane will crash into Fidel's palace. Two birds with one stone.

Guest tiltmiami

Maybe we'll get lucky and their plane will crash into Fidel's palace. Two birds with one stone.

wow pod

Guest tiltmiami

i have to disagree it die out in 99 after p.o.d,korn,limp bizkit p roach went down

Guest JMT

sorry bro, but those bands kinda suck compared to the earlier bands.

i still pop in the player "superunknown" from time to time.

Guest ddg

i dont think audioslave is coming down here anytime soon...they are playing the house of blues in orlando tomm and its sold out ...i am so bummed out it...

Guest web_norah

no but wait Phish and Dave Matthews are real rock bands

LOL

i hear crickets ......lol

Guest web_norah

Chris Cornell has an awesome voice

i saw him years ago in Germany when he was Soundgarden

Guest Davenavarro10

You hope their plane crashes into Fidel's palace? What a great thing to say Pod. Just because you don't like someone's music you shouldn't wish death on them. If rock is dead Pod, then why is there still a rock station down here, and not a dance music station? I agree with Norah that Cornell does have an amazing voice, probably one of the greatest voices in rock music ever. And the band will tour again in the States in the fall. Remember that the new record isn't even out yet. They're doing a few shows here, will play in Europe during the summer, and will most likely return to the States in late summer/early fall for a proper U.S. Tour.

Guest pod

That isn't rock what is played on 93 Rock. It's self-congratulatory bullshit.

Rock is when you go to a show and you leave with a concussion or a broken arm.

Guest Davenavarro10

You obviously never went to a Rage Against The Machine or Soundgarden concert. And although it seems that you're not a fan of rock music at all, 93 rock is an excellent radio station. They play tons of Tool as well as Rage Against the Machine. My only complaint is that they play that stupid Korn cover of Pink Floyd way too much.

Guest pod

RATM are a bunch of Che-sympathizing communists. Tool, well, they're alright, but too damn introspective. I'm talking about stuff like Sepultura and such.

Nevermind industrial. You won't hear industrial on 93 Rock, which sucks. Industrial combines the latest in synthetic music making technology with the gnashing sounds of death metal.

Turn off the FM, turn on the satellite stations. Hell, they even play tracks by your namesake on XM sometimes.

Guest Diabolique

Chris Cornell has an awesome voice

i saw him years ago in Germany when he was Soundgarden

agreed. I love "Rusty Cage".