Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
Guest coach

What Do You Think Of This

Guest web_norah

actually i'd read up on Larry Levan - he is one of the catalysts of house music in NY with Paradise Garage as Frankie Knuckles was to the Chicago scene

Guest web_norah

and i was pointing out the fact that there is much more out there...

actually i'd read up on Larry Levan - he is one of the catalysts of house music in NY with Paradise Garage as Frankie Knuckles was to the Chicago scene

I agree...He was to Paradise Garage what Mr. Knuckles was to The Warehoue. I think David Morales was his successor ??? Don't quote me on that.

Guest web_norah

David Morales is FK's partner in Def Mix records alongside Judy Weinstein.....he was definitely there though

the two main men in Paradise Garage and Warehouse were Larry Levan and Frankie Knuckles.

you gotta see that BBC documentary

it talks about house originating from the disco and the gay scene way back in the late 70's, it has Louie Vega, Dj Pierre and all these cats who actually go way back to those days, as clubbers, who then became DJs.

Guest saintjohn

Check out Keep On Dancin' - My Life and the Paradise Garage by Mel Cheren (as told to Gabriel Rotello with assistance from Brent Nicholson Earle). The writing style leaves something to be desired (probably due to the number of people involved), but the personal history is fascinating.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0967899400/qid=1115359121/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/104-2801633-2790305

You can borrow my copy.

Guest web_norah

the Pump Up the Jam is one of the better house music documentaries.......but i'd also add the 24 Hr Party People film and Maestro The Documentary.

Guest AlanS

the Pump Up the Jam is one of the better house music documentaries.......but i'd also add the 24 Hr Party People film and Maestro The Documentary.

Two more good ones!